Denon AVR-X3600H, is my setup possible/make sense? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-03-2020, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Denon AVR-X3600H, is my setup possible/make sense?

Good day,

I want to install the following setup in a very large room (cafeteria) that is about 85 x 50 feet. The TV and the speakers will be installed on that 85 feet long wall. I already have (re-purposing) 5x QSC AD-S282H (loudspeakers) and 1x QSC AD-S28Tw (sub). The Denon AVR-X3600H will arrive this week.
Please refer to the attachment for the visual.

Occasionally people will watch movies on the television and they will use the home theater as 3.1 (Front Left and Right, Center and the subwoofer). The two loudspeakers at both far ends will not be used.
On other occasions, we will use the system for music and therefore I would like the 4 speakers on the wall to be playing to cover the whole area. I may also connect a Shure SLX4 wireless mic receiver for speeches.

Can I connect the 2 speakers at the far ends as zone 2 and configure the X3600H to use Front L/Front R and the 2 speakers of zone 2? There will be no need for the center speaker but perhaps the subwoofer could be used The QSC AD-S282H can provide decent bass.
I am looking at the user manual but I am not sure if it offers that kind of flexibility.

In addition, since I would have free speaker outputs on the receiver, should I wire the Front L and R and the far end ones as bi-amp (the speakers allow for it)? Any advantages? If the Front L and R are bi-amp but the center is not I wonder if it will be underpowered.

Do you have any other idea?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Setup.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	2679562  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-03-2020, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I’ve struggled with Denons zones. If you try to share the same source in the zone you’re likely to have latency issues depending on the source and audio conversion. But, for your instance the all zone stereo feature might be the trick. This turns all zones into a combined stereo output. Try messing with that or creating the stereo zones in HEOS.

Last edited by smgaspar; 02-03-2020 at 10:59 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-03-2020, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.
What receiver do you have?

Isn't HEOS only for HEAS wireless speakers (which I don't have)?

If I create an all zone stereo output, can I create a "shortcut" so that the user can just press one button and the receiver switches to the all zone stereo output?

Any idea on the bi-amp? Worth it? We need to wire the place tomorrow.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
avr-x3600h , Denon , Qsc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page