Fixed TV Wall Mount that's Adjustable? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-03-2020, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Fixed TV Wall Mount that's Adjustable?

I'm looking for a TV wall mount for a 65" Samsung TV. Biggest problem I want to avoid is not being able to adjust the TV levelness after the mount is installed. In the past I've found I can tell if a TV is off even by 1/16". It's hard to get that kind of perfecting when mounting the bracket onto the wall so I'm looking for a TV mount that has screws (or something similar) that allows fine tuning of the levelness of the TV. I don't want to be able to move the TV (by touching it) after it's adjusted though so it still has to be a fixed TV mount.

Thanks,
Harry

Last edited by Harry Muscle; 02-03-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-04-2020, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Most Sanus mounts do that with their ProSet adjustments. I hate it as well when the TV is not perfectly straight!

https://www.sanus.com/en_US/learn/product-technologies/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT Room: Anthem AVM60 (replaced Marantz AV7005 & Parasound Halo C2), Parasound Halo A51 & A23, Monitor Audio GR60, GR Centre, GR10, GSFX, SVS SB-4000, Sony 75X900e, PS4

Family Room: Yamaha RX-A2060, PSB Imagine T2, Imagine Centre, Imagine B, Imagine Mini (front heights), Oppo Digital BDP-80, Samsung QN65Q7CN
post #3 of 4 Old 02-14-2020, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Muscle View Post
I'm looking for a TV wall mount for a 65" Samsung TV. Biggest problem I want to avoid is not being able to adjust the TV levelness after the mount is installed. In the past I've found I can tell if a TV is off even by 1/16". It's hard to get that kind of perfecting when mounting the bracket onto the wall so I'm looking for a TV mount that has screws (or something similar) that allows fine tuning of the levelness of the TV. I don't want to be able to move the TV (by touching it) after it's adjusted though so it still has to be a fixed TV mount.

Thanks,
Harry

Did you find one yet? I'm also looking for a mount for my 65" Samsung. I want the slimmest possible mount, but want to be able to adjust if needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-14-2020, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 435
The best way to mount anything level is to only Drill ONE hole, install the item with the one anchor whatever it may be, using an actual level (not those built in things). If it will not stay put with just one anchor, have someone hold it with the level sitting on it and then drill a second pilot hole though the mounting hole of the item.
Predrilling 2 hole will almost always end in imperfection.
Of course if your ceiling/floor is not level, you level item will "look" unlevel..
Good luck!

Doug
Planar PD8150 with DC4 DMD paired with a Dalite HP 2.8 120"
http://www.airscapesart.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page