Seeking input for design - surround sound - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-08-2020, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Seeking input for design - surround sound

Have an unfinished basement currently so have a few ways i can go with this. Currently thinking about this type of a set up. The area on the opposite side of the stairs would be kids space. Want to do 3 tvs (1 65-70in, 2 42-50in). Also want to do a 5.2.2 setup however the surrounds I'm struggling how to do. I could do one in wall on the staircase, but the other side would have the speaker facing the other way. Do I do one in wall and one in box? Utilize the space different to accommodate 5.2.2 setup?

Click image for larger version

Name:	basementfloorplan.png
Views:	41
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	2682286
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-08-2020, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It's nice starting with a clean slate. I'd be orienting the room lengthwise on either side of the staircase. Although a bit narrower I think the planned kids space has more usable length. Place the tv to the left and utilize the wall that encloses the stairs and the opposing wall for surrounds. Additionally rear surrounds could then be placed behind listening position for 7.x.2 or 7.x.4. Is that space earmarked for any other purpose?
post #3 of 4 Old 02-09-2020, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have contemplated running the floorplan to have a longer seating area, but with 3 tvs being lined up, it seems the wall space wouldn't be enough to hold them.

For a 5.1.2 system, could i use 4 in ceiling speakers and have the height and surround going from the ceiling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-09-2020, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
What is the purpose of the multiple screens , assuming it's primarily for a sports watching? In that case you are right , not enough room to house 3 tv's with that configuration. Can you place a bookcase behind the sofa on the wall that encloses the stairs? A pair of on wall speakers like Elac's OW4.2 or Polk OWM3 as surrounds. This would be preferred to placing both your surround and atmos speakers in the ceiling. Ideally you want separation between your sound layers for the best affects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page