Wall Shelf for Heavy AV Components - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-10-2020, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Wall Shelf for Heavy AV Components

I've been searching for hours looking for wall-mounted shelves for my Denon 6500 (32 lbs) and Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 (57 lbs). The only thing I've found that is nice looking and capable of handling that weight is a wall-mounted AV rack (at $1000).

For where I need those devices, only a wall mount would work. My only other alternative is to put them on top of a SVS PB-13 and I want to avoid that option given the potential issues that might introduce.

Have you seen anything on-wall that might work for those heavy components?

"By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next." -- William Shakespeare, Henry the Fourth, Part II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-11-2020, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

FYI: After a bunch of research, I ended up going with these.

Peerless-AV - Paramount Adjustable A/V Component Shelf - Gloss Black

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/peerles...?skuId=9592639

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next." -- William Shakespeare, Henry the Fourth, Part II
post #3 of 7 Old 02-11-2020, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Greer View Post
I've been searching for hours looking for wall-mounted shelves for my Denon 6500 (32 lbs) and Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 1 (57 lbs). The only thing I've found that is nice looking and capable of handling that weight is a wall-mounted AV rack (at $1000).

For where I need those devices, only a wall mount would work. My only other alternative is to put them on top of a SVS PB-13 and I want to avoid that option given the potential issues that might introduce.

Have you seen anything on-wall that might work for those heavy components?

I'm actually looking for the same thing and I am highly considering mounted one of these to the wall (see pic). I've got about 70lbs worth of stuff to put in there and most of the reviews say it will sufficiently hold 130lbs!

My concern is I was going to wall mount it right above where my marty sub is and I'm worried that the metal rack will vibrate and make too much noise...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61lzcJWOeoL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	2683682  

--------------------------------------------------
Source: HTPC w/madVR, Video: Epson 5040, 150" 16:9, Audio: Onkyo RZ 830 avr, 5.1.4 Atmos setup. 5 speaker Energy C Series: L/R C300's, C C-C100, SR/SL C50's, 4 in-ceiling Micca R-8c. Subwoofers: 1 MiniMarty um18 w/NX3000D. 2 VBSS 18" Subs w/NX3000D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-11-2020, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinGA View Post
I'm actually looking for the same thing and I am highly considering mounted one of these to the wall (see pic). I've got about 70lbs worth of stuff to put in there and most of the reviews say it will sufficiently hold 130lbs!

My concern is I was going to wall mount it right above where my marty sub is and I'm worried that the metal rack will vibrate and make too much noise...
I was looking at a rack solution and even evaluated the one you mentioned. However, when I looked at the end expense, mounting hassle, and need for heat monitoring, the open rack system worked fine for me.

That being said, I run a 42U closet rack for my main HT. So I do love a nice rack.

post #5 of 7 Old 02-11-2020, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I was looking at a rack solution and even evaluated the one you mentioned. However, when I looked at the end expense, mounting hassle, and need for heat monitoring, the open rack system worked fine for me.

That being said, I run a 42U closet rack for my main HT. So I do love a nice rack.
Do you think one of those would be a rattle trap if I wall mounted it above a marty sub?

Source: HTPC w/madVR, Video: Epson 5040, 150" 16:9, Audio: Onkyo RZ 830 avr, 5.1.4 Atmos setup. 5 speaker Energy C Series: L/R C300's, C C-C100, SR/SL C50's, 4 in-ceiling Micca R-8c. Subwoofers: 1 MiniMarty um18 w/NX3000D. 2 VBSS 18" Subs w/NX3000D.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-11-2020, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinGA View Post
Do you think one of those would be a rattle trap if I wall mounted it above a marty sub?
Maybe. Do your walls shake? If they do, those vibrations will transfer to the wall rack.

post #7 of 7 Old 02-11-2020, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Maybe. Do your walls shake? If they do, those vibrations will transfer to the wall rack.
Yep.

I suppose I'd be better off building a rack out of wood to lessen the potential issues...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page