Rec Space TV Options - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-10-2020, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Rec Space TV Options

Long time lurker and admirer of all that goes on here. Currently in the process of finishing my lower level, and am on information overload for planning. It will have a dedicated home theater which I plan on starting a thread for, but I also will have a rec/media space with a sectional sitting area, wet bar, and pub area.

The bar will have a 55" TV behind it. The bump out pub area will have a 60x60 table with seating for 8, and then two TVs on either side for viewing. Not sure if those will be 55" or 65".

My question is in regards to the sectional sitting area. There is a long wall area (11'+) that I had planned on putting a 75" or 85" TV, but I've had second thoughts about maybe instead adding another projector and having a painted wall or screen of 120" or 135". The dedicated theater will already have a 110" screen and two levels of seating, so don't know if it makes sense to have another projector. I've been looking at televisions in the $2k range, and wonder if a projector in that range would be more satisfying, since I have the space for it.

My concerns are:

1) Lighting - It is a full walkout, so there is a patio door in the room, as well as windows at the back pub area.
2) The main walk area to get to the bar, pub area, and exercise room will be in front of the screen.

I realize it is essentially more an issue of personal preference, so I guess I'm asking what you would do in this situation?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Media Area.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2683438  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FloorPlan.pdf (523.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf Panorama.pdf (550.2 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by uwgb96; 02-10-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-17-2020, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 944
Given the walkout with windows I would stick with a tv vs a projector. I think you will be fighting the light coming through the windows and doors otherwise.

My Theater Build - Full Circle Cinema
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page