Speaker / Sub Placement Advice Needed
Hello all and thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
I currently have a 7.2.2 setup and am in the process of finishing my BOSS platform with 4 12” JBL subs under the couch. As I was doing so, I was questioning the placement of my front mains along with my two subs.
My system is almost entirely KLIPSCH including:
1- Klipsch RC-62II for Center
2- Klipsch RF-82II for Front LR
4- Klipsch RS-42II for Surround
2- Klipsch CDT-3650-C II for Atmos Ceiling
For the subwoofers, I currently have:
- 10” Klipsch R-112SW (Wireless Adapter)
- 10” Polk DSW Pro 550WI (Wired)
Marantz 6010 Receiver
BenQ HT5550 4K Projector
130” Silver Projector Screen
Room drawing is attached.
- Should I place my subs under the projector screen at the outer edges (1/3 rule?)
- Should I dump the wireless adapter and change it to wired?
- Should I place my subs in the back of the room much closer to my amp so that my subwoofer cable lengths are much shorter and I don’t have to use wireless?
- Should I place my front mains (L/R) where my subs are now or keep them in the recessed area?
- Is there something else I’m not thinking of?
I also just bought a miniDSP and mic for tuning my BOSS platform and subs but I feel like I need to have a solid (logical) starting place first and I’m not sure I have it.
Thanks in advance!