New to forum and seeking advice / help - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-23-2020, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New to forum and seeking advice / help

G'day

I've recently moved house and am now looking to buy an AV Receiver and some decent (but cheap) front (Centre, L&R) speakers, I'll get the rear speakers later. As the system will be installed in my living room (5.8m x 3.8m), I'm not looking for anything too extreme. So, I'd be happy with a 7.2 system as I can always get 2 ceiling speakers in for Atmos at a later date.

I have been looking around online and have identified a few receivers that might work for me, I'd be interested in any feedback from owners of the receivers (eg were they good, did you have any problems etc). Also, if you have any suggestions on set-ups I'd appreciate it (I'd be looking to spend a max of $3500). I'd want the receiver to have 4K pass through, preferably with Dolby Vision and HDR10 and Dolby Atmos. I'd need at least 4 HDMI inputs and the ability to connect a turntable (yet to buy). My partner has hearing problems so any receiver that allows me to enhance dialogue would be great.

YAMAHA RX-V685
Denon AVR-X2600H
Denon AVR-S750H

For speakers I'd be keen to get some wooden speakers. Any suggestions?

I'm in Perth, Western Australia, and it looks the best place is to get the equipment from is Westcoast Hi-Fi. Are there any people in Perth that have purchased goods from over East? If so, any recommendations on stores to use?

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page