Should I use UPS for the Subwoofer and other HT equipment - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Speedskater

post #1 of 3 Old 06-27-2020, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Should I use UPS for the Subwoofer and other HT equipment

Hello,
I'm still new to home theater equipment, and I have a question.

I currently have a Subwoofer on a separate outlet with a surge protector, and the TV and AV receiver in another outlet with a surge protector.
I usually don't get power outages during the year, but yes during summer, so I was wondering if I should consider using a UPS for the TV and AV, and another UPS for the Subwoofer to protect the equipment.
If yes, I was just planning to get something like an APC 550AV just to get enough power to shutdown everything properly.
Also, if it's recommended to use an UPS, do all the equipment needs to have an UPS? Or, for example, can I buy one today for the subwoofer, and then later another for the TV and AV? Is there any risk having one UPS for one component and no for the other ones when the power goes out.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-30-2020, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 46
No not for the subwoofer.
The only components that might need a UPS, are ones that need time to reboot or recycle after a power outage, or ones that make nasty popping noises at power outages.
eljaycanuck likes this.

Kevin
post #3 of 3 Old 06-30-2020, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 140
I watch lots of AV channels and don't remember UPS'ing your entertainment system as being a priority, surge yes, ups, no, but if it bothers you enough, it won't hurt, and more stuff to babysit, need to change battery every couple of years. I mean I UPS my HTPC box because is a pain to reboot it, plus it got a couple of spinning drives, but other than that, no. I don't see a big hurt if u just UPS one piece at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

Tags
av receiver , speaker , subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page