AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Blu-ray Software (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-blu-ray-software/)
-   -   The Expendables Blu-Ray (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-blu-ray-software/1281173-expendables-blu-ray.html)

vld 10-04-2010 11:32 PM

Amazon just listed The Expendables pre-order for November 23rd.

I'll try to update this post as soon as I can track down details for the disk. Below is all I can find so far;

U.S. Cover




Bonus Materials

DISC ONE:
* The Expendables: Ultimate Recon Mode in-movie Bonus View
* Comic Con 2010 Panel
* Audio Commentary with SylvesterStallone
* Inferno feature-length making of documentary
* From the Ashes Post Production documentary
* Deleted Scene
* Gag Reel
* Marketing Archive including Trailers and TV spots
* Metamenu Remote and BD Touch enabled
* D-BOX Motion Control Enabled

DISC TWO:
* Standard Definition DVD Copy of the feature film

DISC THREE:
* Standard Definition Digital Copy of the feature film

dvdmike007 10-05-2010 03:51 AM

UK Standard art




UK Steelbook



Htdude14 10-05-2010 07:18 AM

That is a fun action flick! Hope we get the steelbook version here in Canada.

Franin 10-05-2010 11:00 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Excellent!! I'll pre order this one did not see this in the movies so I'm looking forward in seeing this at home.

DM2006RI 10-05-2010 11:04 AM

Just an FYI Stallone already said there will be a director's cut next year too.

FendersRule 10-05-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

UK Standard art


Actually, the most awesome cast ever assembled is Machete, not the Expendables.

But the Expendables is a good movie as well. I'll snatch this up when the price hits $10.

nick_danger 10-05-2010 11:47 AM

Oh man, I misread the thread title as "The Incredibles" and got really excited!!!

"The Expendables", on the other hand, while entertaining, didn't impress me as much as I had hoped. It had a lot going for it, but it was lacking something... Oh, I know what it was: JCVD

robertc88 10-05-2010 12:28 PM

A rental for me only regardless of the price and quality. It will be another opportunity to munch down some popcorn as I did at the theater but I'll never own this.

msgohan 10-05-2010 12:34 PM

I see the US cover and UK steel both include Willis but omit Schwarzenegger. Did he really have a larger role? I thought they were both just in that one cameo.

Neo_Reloaded 10-05-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan View Post

I see the US cover and UK steel both include Willis but omit Schwarzenegger. Did he really have a larger role? I thought they were both just in that one cameo.

It may be something relating to him being a governor and not wanting to be used in promotional material.

Mennham 10-05-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

UK Standard art...

...the UK release will be cut, as it was in theaters. So I don't mind this release at all.

Grifter02 10-07-2010 11:53 AM

I'm pretty sure Stallone tweeted recently that he finished cutting the extended edition, so I assumed it would be on this release. Are they seriously going to sit on that for a double-dip next year? Damn!

vld 10-07-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter02 View Post

I'm pretty sure Stallone tweeted recently that he finished cutting the extended edition, so I assumed it would be on this release. Are they seriously going to sit on that for a double-dip next year? Damn!

That's what all of the resources that I have seen are stating. No Director's cut this year.

MEC2 10-07-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

Actually, the most awesome cast ever assembled is Machete, not the Expendables.

Bah, hardly. It's not even the best cast assembled in a Danny Trejo movie. De Niro is huge, but after that, it falls off quick. I submit...

CON AIR!

Has a better overall cast for a Trejo movie.. and I don't think it's close.

As to all time casts...

The Longest Day absolutely devastates it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_danger View Post

"The Expendables", on the other hand, while entertaining, didn't impress me as much as I had hoped.

Agreed. Very underwhelmed. I wanted to like it. I mean REALLY wanted to. It just wasn't very good.

dvdmike007 10-07-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennham View Post

...the UK release will be cut, as it was in theaters. So I don't mind this release at all.

First I have heard of this

Mennham 10-07-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmike007 View Post

First I have heard of this

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/BFF268078

http://www.schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=2269

The second article states that the cut version will be released on home video as well. The uncut version would have been suitable for persons of 18 years and over.

Zoraster 10-07-2010 04:46 PM

Someone let me know when this is free.

tg5spd 10-08-2010 10:43 AM

I'll wait till it's $10, as I wasn't really impressed with the film overall. I was actually disappointed. And I am a fan of all the legends in this flick. I think the few no-name actors that got to make the team brought it down a peg for me. Maybe a 2nd viewing will help, sometimes it does. Just my 2 cents.

muffinmcfluffin 10-08-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan View Post

I see the US cover and UK steel both include Willis but omit Schwarzenegger. Did he really have a larger role? I thought they were both just in that one cameo.

The bald guy on the UK cover is Jason Statham, not Bruce Willis.

FendersRule 10-08-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC2 View Post

Bah, hardly. It's not even the best cast assembled in a Danny Trejo movie. De Niro is huge, but after that, it falls off quick. I submit...

I would be happy to debate you any time in the movies thread

It isn't about who's "huge", it's about who is awesome. Machete has it all.

Again, I'd love to break it down for you in another thread of your choice!

msgohan 10-08-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

The bald guy on the UK cover is Jason Statham, not Bruce Willis.

Look again, he's on the far right on the UK steelbook.

muffinmcfluffin 10-08-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan View Post

Look again, he's on the far right on the UK steelbook.

I'm sorry, I didn't think you were talking about the steelbook cover. In fact, I didn't even know that was a cover, I wasn't sure what that was. My bad.

MEC2 10-09-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post

I would be happy to debate you any time in the movies thread

It isn't about who's "huge", it's about who is awesome. Machete has it all.

Again, I'd love to break it down for you in another thread of your choice!

Light it and link it...

eviltwincustoms 10-09-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

The bald guy on the UK cover is Jason Statham, not Bruce Willis.

That was frikin funny... Jason Statham doesnt even look like Bruce Willis. I say Jason is much better.. I like his Transporter titles and there is another tile.. Didn't care to much for his role in CRANK and Crank HIGH VOLTAGE.

That is correct Bruce and Arnold S was only in it for a short period, Cameo.

The cast was as follows:
Bruce Willis - Church, Arnold - Trench, Sly Stallone - Barney Ross, Jason Statham - Lee Christmas, Jet Li - Ying Yang, Dolph Lungrin - Gunner Jensen, Eric Roberts - James Monroe, Randy Coture (UFC Light Heavy Weight Champion)- Toll Road, Steve Austin (Stone Cold Steve Austin now WCW as Stunning steve austin)- Paine, Mickey Rourke, Gary Daniels (Kickboxing Champ) - The Brit... and some other female actors.

The so called NO Name actors were more for backup due to them having fighting skills it looks like.

I agree it was a cool movie and had a lot of great action. What more could a guy want Action from the very beginning and things blowing up. But it didnt have much of a story.

I will buy it in hopes that the LFE will give my Sub a nice workout! Keep my fingers crossed for DTS-HD Master!

Oh I forgot to mention... the frikin One Liners hitting home around Rambo and Terminater and Arnold being a Governer of Cali was funny!

raoul_duke 10-09-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennham View Post

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/BFF268078

http://www.schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=2269

The second article states that the cut version will be released on home video as well. The uncut version would have been suitable for persons of 18 years and over.

Pure speculation in that second article and the BBFC have plenty of time to re-classify an uncut release.

The 15 cert on the artwork means absolutely nothing at this point, absolutely nothing.

*edit* Uncut version classified as an 18 cert at the BBFC.

Decado2 10-10-2010 06:59 PM

WTF, another movie that had a DC announced only to have the theatrical cut released? Like Kick-Ass, I guess I'll be waiting on this one.

I'll be doubly pissed if they go the route of Rambo and release the two versions separately (no release with both cuts).

FendersRule 10-10-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEC2 View Post

Light it and link it...

She's been lit:

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post19317727

C*Tedesco 11-23-2010 01:36 PM

So any feedback on this one yet? I'm hopefully watching this one tomorrow.

zoey67 11-23-2010 06:25 PM

O-M-G...becky this movie was sooo bad. Bad acting , bad script, bad dialogue, bad characters, bad cheesy sets, bad direction.

Sly looked like he had more botox shots than joan rivers.

muffinmcfluffin 11-23-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey67 View Post

Sly looked like he had more botox shots than joan rivers.



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.