Splice - Good ol' Warner - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 106 Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
this has been released in England on a what appears to be a BD 50, has more extra's and seems a nice encode, not everly sharp but it looks intentional released by optimum comes with dvd copy, not sure on region coding was cheaper than the US version which i initially intended to buy as i didnt think the UK were getting this.

very good movie imo thoughrally enjoyed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 106 Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3793 Post(s)
Liked: 2822
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan View Post

Here are two shots from the theatrical trailer used to advertise E1's Canadian release of this film. Color timing is different from the final film.

I only have 150KB JPEG screenshots to compare to, and they aren't the same frames, so I won't post them. The trailer has fine grain throughout which I don't see present in any shots of the Warner disc. I'll be renting the Canadian disc to see if it is as good as the trailer.

You assume that the trailer was compiled from the same source elements as the feature, which is not necessarily the case. Especially not if the color timing is different. The trailer may be a few generations removed from the source, and suffer excessive grain.

Josh Z
Home Theater Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.
post #63 of 106 Old 12-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It's kind of surprising to me that anyone can really defend Warner, especially when it comes to new releases. There's no doubt that their catalog work is almost always excellent (save the issue of "double feature" discs), but their new releases are treated inconsistently.

FWIW, I'm of the opinion that the bitrate meter is not evil, and that studios should give us the best product possible at the prices they're asking (remember kids: the MSRP's on these discs are usually $30-40). Just because it's passable doesn't mean it should be given kudos and become the norm..

Fight mediocrity: Insist on BD50 discs for all movies longer than 100 minutes, optimized video encodes that fully utilize the available space, lossless audio track, and new masters for catalog titles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 106 Old 12-15-2010, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Warner US Blu-ray vs E1 Canada Blu-ray vs Theatrical trailer
[N/A]

[N/A]
[N/A]

Both show some artifacting in motion. There are plenty of overseas releases from other companies; perhaps one of those is better.

LG B7 (OLED65B7P, 2017)
UHD: Philips BDP7501 | HD: PS3, WD TV Live
Denon AVR-890 (2009)
post #65 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

You assume that the trailer was compiled from the same source elements as the feature, which is not necessarily the case. Especially not if the color timing is different. The trailer may be a few generations removed from the source, and suffer excessive grain.

Unlikely, given its appearance. There's none of the softness or degradation you would expect from a source several generations removed from the negative - to my eyes, it has all the characteristics of a digital intermediate.

For those who are interested, here are my thoughts on and several full resolution captures from the Region B UK release from Optimum, which I was very pleased with.
post #66 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:

The trailer may be a few generations removed from the source, and suffer excessive grain.

You think they're still making 35mm internegatives just to cut trailers from? What is this, 1995?

The only theatrical film I can think of in the last five years that was made by actually cutting together a 35mm negative was the first half of Deathproof, and that was solely for the "vintage" effect of having actual splices and scratches on display. The trailers were likely still created digitally, though, particularly since it's companion piece was a 100% digital affair.
post #67 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3793 Post(s)
Liked: 2822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiggles View Post

Unlikely, given its appearance. There's none of the softness or degradation you would expect from a source several generations removed from the negative - to my eyes, it has all the characteristics of a digital intermediate.

If the trailer is from the DI, why does it have completely different color timing than the feature (which looks the same color-wise in both sets of screen caps above)?

If the trailer was cut together from raw files immediately after the film had been digitized but before color timing or conformity, it stands to reason that it's also lacking any other grading or processing that was intentionally applied by the fillmakers to achieve their desired look.

I think a lot of people here (not saying you specifically) have this notion that all filmmakers hate DNR as much as we in the home theater hobby do, and that the DIs of all movies are free of it until the evil home video studios start smothering it on prior to disc authoring. I think these same people would be very surprised to find that many modern filmmakers use DNR, grain-removal, and other forms of invasive digital processing liberally in the DI stage of post production.

Your review of the UK disc acknowledges that you hadn't seen the Warner release to compare it to. Is that still the case?

Josh Z
Home Theater Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.
post #68 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentai View Post

You think they're still making 35mm internegatives just to cut trailers from? What is this, 1995?

The only theatrical film I can think of in the last five years that was made by actually cutting together a 35mm negative was the first half of Deathproof, and that was solely for the "vintage" effect of having actual splices and scratches on display. The trailers were likely still created digitally, though, particularly since it's companion piece was a 100% digital affair.

Doesn't Steven Spielberg's editor Micheal Kahn (sp?) still use a moviola to physically cut together film?
post #69 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strevlac View Post

Doesn't Steven Spielberg's editor Micheal Kahn (sp?) still use a moviola to physically cut together film?

Both The Terminal (2004) and the latest Indiana Jones movie (2008) credit Digital Intermediates. Munich may have been the exception for stylistic reasons (just like Deathproof). I wouldn't be surprised if some old-school editors still use a Moviola to create a rough draft with workprints, since it's a process they'd be very familiar with, but what actually gets used to create theatrical prints and home video doesn't involve a scrap of film once the negative is scanned in these days.

Josh, I now think I misunderstood you; clearly the Splice trailer isn't made from the finished, color-timed DI. That'd be crazy anyway, since trailers are typically finished long before the film itself is. So, what you're saying is that the finished DI could have grain-reduction not found on the work-in-progress materials used for the trailer? If that's what you meant, we're in full agreement.

The way I read it, I thought you were trying to say that they literally made a 35mm dupe-negative to cut the trailer from. And that'd just be silly, wouldn't it?
post #70 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 628
It is not uncommon for trailers to undergo their own color timing process, though it's typically a rush job. If the trailer was cut from the raw digital files, then color timing would be absolutely necessary. Most of the footage I've ever worked on, either from a DI or the RED, was shot flat. The footage looks okay, but at least a primary color correction is needed to make the footage look its best.

And yes, Steven Spielberg and Michael Kahn are one of the few left that cut some films on a Moviola.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
post #71 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:

For those who are interested, here are my thoughts on and several full resolution captures from the Region B UK release from Optimum, which I was very pleased with.

Thanks for the pics... based on them, it definitely looks like they did a better job than Warner. I'm not sure what it is because a lot of Warner's movies look like this ... (the smudgy grain). I don't think it's flat-out DNR, but it's gotta be something in their settings...

I don't think I'll buy the UK version until I can get it cheap... but I'm disappointed because this was a brand new release and I felt Warner's compression job wasnt very good.
post #72 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Here's a little sample under the HFV-scope:

For such a modern release, it sure seems to be straying the line where the image gets a bit "blocky". The grain is better than totally fubarred, but you can still tell "something" was done to it. If I had to describe it, it would be akin to only 5% of picture area still has faithfully preserved grain, while the other 95%, the grain has been filtered to lower harmonics and lower contrast. Technically, it is still there across the whole image (cannot say it has been "removed", per se), but it definitely has been "changed" (to a more bandwidth-friendly form). Dark areas appear to be aggressively filtered, of course.
LL

Margot Robbie is THE most exquisite human creature on the face of the planet, in this moment in time.
post #73 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO-630HD View Post

Honestly I think source material has the most to do with it. Also many studios are realizing 4K transfers are needed to make thier titles look as they should. Out of Africa and Sparticus were 1.9K or HD masters that were dated.

Personally I would love to see 4K bluray as it would force studios to remaster every title released as they did with dvd. 3-D blurays are right now using 100gb discs so I don't think it is that far off.

When do you think they will release a BD specification supplement which supports 4K and requires us to buy new discs, players and displays? That is several years out since to my knowledge you cannot even buy a consumer 4K display today thats not like 32 inch screen size and costs $50,000+ USD. Heck, are there any consumer 4K displays? (Maybe projectors)
post #74 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Whiggles. The UK looks slightly better than the Canadian. Any chance of a BDInfo scan?

LG B7 (OLED65B7P, 2017)
Denon AVR-890 (2009)
post #75 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentai View Post

Are you sure about that? I thought that the degradation seen in the first half of DP was added digitally. Also simply manually cutting a 35mm negative wouldn't necessarily result in the visual effects you mention.
post #76 of 106 Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post

Are you sure about that? I thought that the degradation seen in the first half of DP was added digitally. Also simply manually cutting a 35mm negative wouldn't necessarily result in the visual effects you mention.

Every single scratch on Deathproof is on the 35mm, and that includes intentionally bad splices in the middle of the frame. The analog editing isn't why the film looks grungy, no, but it was still a part of the whole.

Checking the credits over, there is a DI credit. The second half looks substantially less "filmy" than the first, so I have no doubts it was finished digitally. So, like I said; about half of Deathproof would have been the product of a Moviola.

Nice, that UK release does beat the CAN version. It's slightly cheaper, too. Too bad it's Region-B (or so the case tells us) and most of the extras are 50hz.
post #77 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Predator was Fox, not Universal.

And, again, Splice looks fine. It has that "DI" look with digitally graded colors common to countless modern movies, but it has plenty of detail and doesn't look "smoothed over" in the slightest.

What the heck were you watching this on a 16 inch monitor? It looks like crap but to each their own.

I am pretty sure this all started with the rednecks wondering why there was grain on the film. And then Warner said hey these walmart drones buy most of these crappy films. Grain removed. I don't buy any of this crap anymore and I don't think anybody else should either. Netflix is good enough imo sitting back a couple more feet rather than spending what is equivalent to 3 or 4 subscriptions on crap encodes that do nothing to further film preservation in the slightest.

And I'm still laughing at all the people that think bitrate doesn't matter. Good lord. It IS THE FILM. It DOES MATTER.
post #78 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post

When do you think they will release a BD specification supplement which supports 4K and requires us to buy new discs, players and displays? That is several years out since to my knowledge you cannot even buy a consumer 4K display today thats not like 32 inch screen size and costs $50,000+ USD. Heck, are there any consumer 4K displays? (Maybe projectors)

Exactly, this is what I have been saying and it looks like more and more people are starting to realize that bluray is beginning to be a cash in just as DVD became in the later years.

To my knowledge the roadmap is still a solid 5 years out for consumer 4k devices that are anywhere near decently priced (say 5,000$) for a solid product and then this is going to have to merge with a player or device capable of handling it.

It's not going to happen anytime soon for the majority of us but wireless standards are already to the point where streaming this 4k stuff is possible it is just that our connections have not caught up or pricing is too high. It will be possible in 5 to 10 years for the masses so there might not even be another format. IMO it will be entirely digital streaming in 10 years with a physical format up in the air. And you can bet they will release all they can in that time to butcher people with cheap crap as long they can.
post #79 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Your review of the UK disc acknowledges that you hadn't seen the Warner release to compare it to. Is that still the case?

That's still the case. The screen captures I've seen of the Warner version, and the multitude of comments criticising it, mean that I'm not going to pay through the nose to import a copy when I already have a perfectly serviceable UK copy.
post #80 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 04:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks Whiggles. The UK looks slightly better than the Canadian. Any chance of a BDInfo scan?

No problem. Here you go:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Disc Title: SPLICE
Disc Size: 41,314,200,926 bytes
Protection: AACS
BD-Java: No

Notes:

BDINFO HOME AND REPORTS SUBMISSION:
Cinema Squid
http://www.cinemasquid.com/Tools.aspx

INCLUDES FORUMS REPORT FOR:
Unofficial Blu-ray Audio and Video Specifications Thread
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=760714
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=3338

PLAYLIST: 00000.mpls

<--- BEGIN SUMMARY PASTE --->
Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
Title                                                           Codec   Length  Movie Size      Disc Size       Bitrate Bitrate Main Audio Track                          Secondary Audio Track
-----                                                           ------  ------- --------------  --------------  ------- ------- ------------------                        ---------------------
00000.mpls                                                      AVC     1:43:47 24,066,637,824  41,314,200,926  30.91   25.03   DTS-HD Master 5.1 1918Kbps (48kHz/16-bit) LPCM 2.0 2304Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)
<---- END SUMMARY PASTE ---->

<--- BEGIN DETAILS PASTE --->
Code:
DISC INFO:

Disc Title:     SPLICE
Disc Size:      41,314,200,926 bytes
Protection:     AACS
BD-Java:        No

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00000.mpls
Size:           24,066,637,824 bytes
Length:         1:43:47 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  30.91 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

Name            Size            Length          Time In         Time Out        
----            ----            ------          -------         --------        
00000.M2TS      24,066,637,824  1:43:47.888     0:00:00.000     1:43:47.888     

VIDEO:

Codec               Bitrate         Description     
-----               -------         -----------     
MPEG-4 AVC Video    25028 kbps      1080p / 23.976fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
DTS-HD Master Audio             English         1918 kbps       5.1 / 48kHz / 16-bit / 1918kbps (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48kHz / 16-bit / 1536kbps)
LPCM Audio                      English         2304 kbps       2.0 / 48kHz / 24-bit / 2304kbps

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics           English         22.125 kbps                     

CHAPTERS:

Number          Time            Length          Avg Video Rate  Max 1-Sec Rate  Max 1-Sec Time  Max 5-Sec Rate  Max 5-Sec Time  Max 10Sec Rate  Max 10Sec Time  Avg Frame Size  Max Frame Size  Max Frame Time  
------          ----            ------          --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  
1               0:00:00.000     0:06:40.900     20,828 kbps     42,893 kbps     00:03:42.806    40,233 kbps     00:03:41.513    36,560 kbps     00:03:40.721    108,586 bytes   534,895 bytes   00:04:29.603    
2               0:06:40.900     0:08:32.596     25,872 kbps     44,147 kbps     00:07:48.551    38,240 kbps     00:10:43.726    36,826 kbps     00:10:38.596    134,885 bytes   651,948 bytes   00:15:13.496    
3               0:15:13.496     0:06:14.708     31,672 kbps     41,501 kbps     00:15:39.605    37,402 kbps     00:17:20.748    36,195 kbps     00:17:19.789    165,126 bytes   667,641 bytes   00:21:17.151    
4               0:21:28.204     0:11:23.683     31,084 kbps     42,987 kbps     00:28:52.272    39,393 kbps     00:28:50.062    36,873 kbps     00:28:44.431    162,058 bytes   779,495 bytes   00:22:53.706    
5               0:32:51.887     0:07:34.871     23,395 kbps     40,478 kbps     00:35:47.896    37,575 kbps     00:37:15.108    36,592 kbps     00:37:10.478    121,969 bytes   678,868 bytes   00:35:48.313    
6               0:40:26.758     0:06:11.037     21,858 kbps     43,126 kbps     00:41:08.383    38,325 kbps     00:41:07.131    34,946 kbps     00:41:04.921    113,955 bytes   499,335 bytes   00:41:19.018    
7               0:46:37.795     0:09:43.166     21,456 kbps     47,880 kbps     00:53:06.934    39,732 kbps     00:53:04.348    36,610 kbps     00:53:00.844    111,863 bytes   676,278 bytes   00:53:06.975    
8               0:56:20.961     0:08:47.026     25,341 kbps     45,213 kbps     00:59:57.677    37,537 kbps     01:04:40.752    35,655 kbps     00:57:12.012    132,119 bytes   632,116 bytes   00:56:21.003    
9               1:05:07.987     0:10:28.170     27,895 kbps     45,457 kbps     01:11:19.567    36,863 kbps     01:11:18.107    36,004 kbps     01:10:03.491    145,432 bytes   704,482 bytes   01:10:04.992    
10              1:15:36.157     0:09:30.528     30,049 kbps     44,038 kbps     01:19:12.081    36,845 kbps     01:22:45.669    35,848 kbps     01:19:02.863    156,660 bytes   635,846 bytes   01:19:12.122    
11              1:25:06.685     0:14:35.708     21,018 kbps     40,983 kbps     01:31:55.301    37,844 kbps     01:25:07.644    32,323 kbps     01:25:06.685    109,578 bytes   927,316 bytes   01:25:07.686    
12              1:39:42.393     0:04:07.495     13,738 kbps     26,576 kbps     01:43:04.387    24,922 kbps     01:43:02.510    23,036 kbps     01:43:00.257    71,623 bytes    360,305 bytes   01:43:04.929    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

File            PID             Type            Codec           Lang. Code      Lang. Name      Seconds         Bytes           Packets         Bitrate         
----            ---             ----            -----           ----------      ----------      -------         -----           -------         -------         
00000.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             6227.89         19,483,606,149  105,976,315     25,028          
00000.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         6227.89         1,795,651,200   9,975,840       2,307           
00000.M2TS      4353 (0x1101)   0x86            DTS-HD MA       eng             English         6227.89         1,493,263,996   9,085,383       1,918           
00000.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng             English         6227.89         17,224,256      100,617         22
<---- END DETAILS PASTE ---->

PLAYLIST: 00018.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
Title                                                           Codec   Length  Movie Size      Disc Size       Bitrate Bitrate Main Audio Track                          Secondary Audio Track
-----                                                           ------  ------- --------------  --------------  ------- ------- ------------------                        ---------------------
00018.mpls                                                      AVC     0:33:15 4,835,985,408   41,314,200,926  19.39   16.75   LPCM 2.0 1536Kbps (48kHz/16-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00018.mpls
Size:           4,835,985,408 bytes
Length:         0:33:15 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  19.39 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00023.M2TS      4,835,985,408   0:33:15.040     0:00:00.000     0:33:15.040     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    16747 kbps      1080i / 25fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

LPCM Audio                      English         1536 kbps       2.0 / 48kHz / 16-bit / 1536kbps

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics           English         0.007 kbps                      

CHAPTERS:

Number          Time            Length          Avg Video Rate  Max 1-Sec Rate  Max 1-Sec Time  Max 5-Sec Rate  Max 5-Sec Time  Max 10Sec Rate  Max 10Sec Time  Avg Frame Size  Max Frame Size  Max Frame Time  
------          ----            ------          --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  
1               0:00:00.000     0:10:58.080     16,865 kbps     34,165 kbps     00:07:46.000    25,485 kbps     00:06:44.720    24,046 kbps     00:02:26.920    84,327 bytes    301,733 bytes   00:06:09.520    
2               0:10:58.080     0:11:03.840     17,444 kbps     43,216 kbps     00:11:39.560    35,962 kbps     00:11:37.800    32,903 kbps     00:11:35.240    87,220 bytes    291,176 bytes   00:19:59.600    
3               0:22:01.920     0:11:13.120     15,945 kbps     31,470 kbps     00:24:58.520    30,541 kbps     00:24:52.480    30,030 kbps     00:24:50.760    79,724 bytes    237,301 bytes   00:24:51.880    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

File            PID             Type            Codec           Lang. Code      Lang. Name      Seconds         Bytes           Packets         Bitrate         
----            ---             ----            -----           ----------      ----------      -------         -----           -------         -------         
00023.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             1995.04         4,176,369,505   22,726,758      16,747          
00023.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         1995.04         383,009,280     2,393,808       1,536           
00023.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng             English         1995.04         1,837           17              0

PLAYLIST: 00009.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00009.mpls                                                      AVC     0:32:10 5,974,861,824   41,314,200,926  24.76   21.30   LPCM 2.0 2304Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00009.mpls
Size:           5,974,861,824 bytes
Length:         0:32:10 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  24.76 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00013.M2TS      5,974,861,824   0:32:10.800     0:00:00.000     0:32:10.800     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    21298 kbps      1080i / 25fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

LPCM Audio                      English         2304 kbps       2.0 / 48kHz / 24-bit / 2304kbps

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics           English         0.008 kbps                      

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:12:06.280     22,085 kbps     36,891 kbps     00:01:35.200    34,088 kbps     00:06:57.640    33,453 kbps     00:06:57.400    110,425 bytes   342,781 bytes   00:03:18.920    
2               0:12:06.280     0:10:00.600     20,656 kbps     35,510 kbps     00:17:12.160    32,929 kbps     00:15:07.240    31,913 kbps     00:13:57.880    103,282 bytes   331,679 bytes   00:12:44.360    
3               0:22:06.880     0:10:03.920     20,991 kbps     33,841 kbps     00:27:03.520    31,996 kbps     00:27:01.480    31,145 kbps     00:27:01.240    104,957 bytes   317,603 bytes   00:22:14.600    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00013.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             1930.80         5,140,309,985   27,964,740      21,298          
00013.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         1930.80         556,128,000     3,089,600       2,304           
00013.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng             English         1930.80         1,837           17              0

PLAYLIST: 00017.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00017.mpls                                                      AVC     0:24:58 4,380,573,696   41,314,200,926  23.38   19.98   LPCM 2.0 1536Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00017.mpls
Size:           4,380,573,696 bytes
Length:         0:24:58 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  23.38 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00022.M2TS      4,380,309,504   0:24:57.680     0:00:00.000     0:24:57.680     
00025.M2TS      264,192         0:00:01.000     0:24:57.680     0:24:58.680     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    19984 kbps      1080i / 25fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

LPCM Audio                      English         1536 kbps       2.0 / 48kHz / 24-bit / 2304kbps

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics           English         0.020 kbps                      

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:07:04.560     20,215 kbps     25,352 kbps     00:01:44.560    24,348 kbps     00:01:43.480    24,129 kbps     00:01:39.400    101,077 bytes   544,686 bytes   00:01:03.880    
2               0:07:04.560     0:11:10.360     20,229 kbps     25,552 kbps     00:17:51.760    24,040 kbps     00:17:47.840    23,324 kbps     00:17:44.960    101,144 bytes   497,831 bytes   00:07:04.600    
3               0:18:14.920     0:06:43.760     19,337 kbps     27,767 kbps     00:24:13.840    23,454 kbps     00:24:12.480    22,342 kbps     00:24:13.080    96,686 bytes    512,720 bytes   00:23:33.720    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00022.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             1497.68         3,743,648,746   20,368,071      19,997          
00022.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         1497.68         431,251,200     2,395,840       2,304           
00022.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng             English         1497.68         1,837           17              0               
00025.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             1.00            11,660          112             93              
00025.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         1.00            191,040         1,194           1,528           
00025.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng             English         1.00            1,837           17              15

PLAYLIST: 00012.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00012.mpls                                                      AVC     0:02:27 430,424,064     41,314,200,926  23.36   19.96   LPCM 2.0 2304Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00012.mpls
Size:           430,424,064 bytes
Length:         0:02:27 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  23.36 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00016.M2TS      430,424,064     0:02:27.397     0:00:00.000     0:02:27.397     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    19963 kbps      1080p / 23.976fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:02:27.397     19,963 kbps     37,184 kbps     00:00:31.198    29,790 kbps     00:01:56.241    27,274 kbps     00:01:51.278    104,105 bytes   498,914 bytes   00:00:27.194    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00016.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             147.40          367,804,255     2,001,001       19,963          
00016.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         147.40          42,451,200      235,840         2,304

PLAYLIST: 00013.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00013.mpls                                                      AVC     0:02:07 373,530,624     41,314,200,926  23.35   19.96   LPCM 2.0 2304Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00013.mpls
Size:           373,530,624 bytes
Length:         0:02:07 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  23.35 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00017.M2TS      373,530,624     0:02:07.961     0:00:00.000     0:02:07.961     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    19955 kbps      1080p / 23.976fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:02:07.961     19,955 kbps     50,060 kbps     00:01:26.962    36,335 kbps     00:00:09.718    28,634 kbps     00:01:44.855    104,072 bytes   733,368 bytes   00:00:57.140    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00017.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             127.96          319,188,551     1,736,418       19,955          
00017.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         127.96          36,853,920      204,744         2,304

PLAYLIST: 00014.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00014.mpls                                                      AVC     0:02:03 361,457,664     41,314,200,926  23.35   19.95   LPCM 2.0 2304Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00014.mpls
Size:           361,457,664 bytes
Length:         0:02:03 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  23.35 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00018.M2TS      361,457,664     0:02:03.832     0:00:00.000     0:02:03.832     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    19953 kbps      1080p / 23.976fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:02:03.832     19,953 kbps     44,316 kbps     00:00:45.337    33,541 kbps     00:00:22.397    28,707 kbps     00:00:19.978    104,061 bytes   688,017 bytes   00:00:44.419    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00018.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             123.83          308,853,356     1,680,272       19,953          
00018.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         123.83          35,664,480      198,136         2,304

PLAYLIST: 00015.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00015.mpls                                                      AVC     0:01:56 339,265,536     41,314,200,926  23.34   19.94   LPCM 2.0 2304Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00015.mpls
Size:           339,265,536 bytes
Length:         0:01:56 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  23.34 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00020.M2TS      339,265,536     0:01:56.282     0:00:00.000     0:01:56.282     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    19943 kbps      1080p / 23.976fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics           English         0.126 kbps                      

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:01:56.283     19,943 kbps     47,140 kbps     00:01:32.259    36,274 kbps     00:00:43.585    32,416 kbps     00:01:05.649    104,010 bytes   922,776 bytes   00:00:26.777    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00020.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             116.28          289,874,847     1,577,013       19,943          
00020.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         116.28          33,490,080      186,056         2,304           
00020.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng             English         116.28          1,837           17              0

PLAYLIST: 00010.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00010.mpls                                                      MPEG-2  0:01:34 78,403,584      41,314,200,926  6.61    4.50    LPCM 2.0 1536Kbps (48kHz/16-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00010.mpls
Size:           78,403,584 bytes
Length:         0:01:34 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  6.61 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00014.M2TS      78,403,584      0:01:34.840     0:00:00.000     0:01:34.840     

VIDEO:

MPEG-2 Video        4500 kbps       576i / 25fps / 16:9

AUDIO:

LPCM Audio                      English         1536 kbps       2.0 / 48kHz / 16-bit / 1536kbps

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:01:34.840     4,500 kbps      8,661 kbps      00:00:20.360    7,401 kbps      00:00:28.200    7,173 kbps      00:00:13.640    22,511 bytes    169,468 bytes   00:00:30.840    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00014.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x02            MPEG-2                                          94.84           53,352,608      291,341         4,500           
00014.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         94.84           18,209,280      113,808         1,536

PLAYLIST: 00011.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00011.mpls                                                      MPEG-2  0:01:33 95,115,264      41,314,200,926  8.18    6.00    LPCM 2.0 1536Kbps (48kHz/16-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00011.mpls
Size:           95,115,264 bytes
Length:         0:01:33 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  8.18 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00015.M2TS      95,115,264      0:01:33.000     0:00:00.000     0:01:33.000     

VIDEO:

MPEG-2 Video        6004 kbps       576i / 25fps / 16:9

AUDIO:

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:01:33.000     6,004 kbps      7,956 kbps      00:00:35.360    7,462 kbps      00:01:26.960    7,416 kbps      00:01:21.920    30,031 bytes    113,740 bytes   00:00:33.640    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00015.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x02            MPEG-2                                          93.00           69,792,048      380,664         6,004           
00015.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         93.00           17,856,000      111,600         1,536

PLAYLIST: 00016.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00016.mpls                                                      AVC     0:00:32 90,458,112      41,314,200,926  22.61   19.83   LPCM 2.0 1536Kbps (48kHz/16-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00016.mpls
Size:           90,458,112 bytes
Length:         0:00:32 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  22.61 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00021.M2TS      90,458,112      0:00:32.000     0:00:00.000     0:00:32.000     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    19833 kbps      1080i / 25fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:00:32.000     19,815 kbps     32,189 kbps     00:00:04.880    26,378 kbps     00:00:04.560    22,774 kbps     00:00:01.600    99,200 bytes    421,396 bytes   00:00:05.880    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00021.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             32.00           79,332,757      431,634         19,833          
00021.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         32.00           6,144,000       38,400          1,536

PLAYLIST: 00004.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00004.mpls                                                      AVC     0:00:23 33,153,024      41,314,200,926  11.42   9.72    LPCM 2.0 1536Kbps (48kHz/16-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00004.mpls
Size:           33,153,024 bytes
Length:         0:00:23 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  11.42 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00004.M2TS      30,867,456      0:00:15.223     0:00:00.000     0:00:15.223     
00005.M2TS      2,285,568       0:00:08.008     0:00:15.223     0:00:23.231     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    9718 kbps       1080p / 23.976fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:00:23.232     9,717 kbps      31,206 kbps     00:00:04.671    25,840 kbps     00:00:04.588    19,188 kbps     00:00:01.376    50,844 bytes    276,556 bytes   00:00:05.047    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00004.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             15.22           26,093,332      142,021         13,712          
00004.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         15.22           2,915,520       18,222          1,532           
00005.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             8.01            2,125,773       11,616          2,124

PLAYLIST: 00006.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00006.mpls                                                      AVC     0:00:15 34,369,536      41,314,200,926  18.06   13.71   LPCM 2.0 1536Kbps (48kHz/16-bit)          LPCM 2.0 1536Kbps (48kHz/16-bit)

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00006.mpls
Size:           34,369,536 bytes
Length:         0:00:15 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  18.06 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00007.M2TS      34,369,536      0:00:15.223     0:00:00.000     0:00:15.223     

VIDEO:

MPEG-4 AVC Video    13712 kbps      1080p / 23.976fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics           English         0.965 kbps                      

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:00:15.224     13,712 kbps     31,206 kbps     00:00:04.671    25,840 kbps     00:00:04.588    19,188 kbps     00:00:01.376    71,684 bytes    276,556 bytes   00:00:05.047    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00007.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                             15.22           26,093,332      142,021         13,712          
00007.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         15.22           2,915,520       18,222          1,532           
00007.M2TS      4353 (0x1101)   0x80            LPCM            eng             English         15.22           2,915,520       18,222          1,532           
00007.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng             English         15.22           1,837           17              1

PLAYLIST: 00003.mpls

Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00003.mpls                                                      MPEG-2  0:00:10 9,246,720       41,314,200,926  7.39    7.01

Code:
DISC INFO:

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:           00003.mpls
Size:           9,246,720 bytes
Length:         0:00:10 (h:m:s)
Total Bitrate:  7.39 Mbps
Description:    

FILES:

00003.M2TS      9,246,720       0:00:10.010     0:00:00.000     0:00:10.010     

VIDEO:

MPEG-2 Video        7009 kbps       1080p / 23.976fps / 16:9

CHAPTERS:

1               0:00:00.000     0:00:10.010     7,009 kbps      15,064 kbps     00:00:08.884    7,265 kbps      00:00:04.880    0 kbps          00:00:00.000    36,693 bytes    241,155 bytes   00:00:01.543    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

00003.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x02            MPEG-2                                          10.01           8,770,488       47,800          7,009

SUMMARY:

Playlist Count: 14
Total Length: 3:27:16
Total Size: 41,103,482,880
Total Bitrate: 26.44
post #81 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Might wanna spoiler-tag that giant list.

Is that an old BDInfo version? The encode seems to be the same as the Aussie disc (same chapters, same peaks) but a lot of the numbers don't match.

LG B7 (OLED65B7P, 2017)
Denon AVR-890 (2009)
post #82 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Might wanna spoiler-tag that giant list.

Is that an old BDInfo version? The encode seems to be the same as the Aussie disc (same chapters, same peaks) but a lot of the numbers don't match.

Done.

Yep, by the looks of it, it is a slightly older version. I can scan it again with the latest version... but is there much point?
post #83 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

If you wouldn't mind scanning with the new version, I'm curious if it will still have those differences. Just the movie itself would be fine.

LG B7 (OLED65B7P, 2017)
Denon AVR-890 (2009)
post #84 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If you wouldn't mind scanning with the new version, I'm curious if it will still have those differences. Just the movie itself would be fine.

OK, I'm off to bed at the moment but will do it tomorrow evening.
post #85 of 106 Old 12-17-2010, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hanky View Post
Here's a little sample under the HFV-scope:

Here is an HFV reprisal sample using the trailer source, as a comparison:

The "sugary fine grain" seems more intact and obvious, with only the most subtle hint of blocky patterns dispersed amongst the grain, in the trailer version. Filtering is doing a "complete wipe" in the dark regions, though (if it wasn't from intentional black crush).
LL

Margot Robbie is THE most exquisite human creature on the face of the planet, in this moment in time.
post #86 of 106 Old 12-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

OK, I'm off to bed at the moment but will do it tomorrow evening.

As promised...

Spoiler  
BDInfo: 0.5.6

Notes:

BDINFO HOME:
Cinema Squid
http://www.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/tools/bdinfo

INCLUDES FORUMS REPORT FOR:
AVS Forum Blu-ray Audio and Video Specifications Thread
https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1155731

PLAYLIST: 00000.MPLS

<--- BEGIN FORUMS PASTE --->
Code:
                                                                                                                Total   Video                                             
00000.MPLS                                                      AVC     1:43:47 24,055,011,840  41,314,200,926  30.90   25.02   DTS-HD Master 5.1 1916Kbps (48kHz/16-bit) LPCM 2.0 2304Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)
Code:
DISC INFO:

BDInfo:         0.5.6

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:                   00000.MPLS
Length:                 1:43:47 (h:m:s)
Size:                   24,055,011,840 bytes
Total Bitrate:          30.90 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec                   Bitrate             Description     
-----                   -------             -----------     
MPEG-4 AVC Video        25018 kbps          1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

DTS-HD Master Audio             English         1916 kbps       5.1 / 48 kHz / 1916 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
LPCM Audio                      English         2304 kbps       2.0 / 48 kHz / 2304 kbps / 24-bit

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics           English         22.081 kbps                     

FILES:

Name            Time In         Length          Size            Total Bitrate   
----            -------         ------          ----            -------------   
00000.M2TS      0:00:00.000     1:43:47.888     24,055,011,840  30,900          

CHAPTERS:

Number          Time In         Length          Avg Video Rate  Max 1-Sec Rate  Max 1-Sec Time  Max 5-Sec Rate  Max 5-Sec Time  Max 10Sec Rate  Max 10Sec Time  Avg Frame Size  Max Frame Size  Max Frame Time  
------          -------         ------          --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  --------------  
1               0:00:00.000     0:06:40.900     20,837 kbps     42,893 kbps     00:03:42.764    40,233 kbps     00:03:41.471    36,560 kbps     00:03:40.678    108,624 bytes   534,895 bytes   00:04:29.560    
2               0:06:40.900     0:08:32.595     25,868 kbps     44,147 kbps     00:07:48.509    38,240 kbps     00:10:43.684    36,826 kbps     00:10:38.554    134,863 bytes   651,948 bytes   00:15:13.454    
3               0:15:13.495     0:06:14.707     31,674 kbps     41,501 kbps     00:15:39.563    37,402 kbps     00:17:20.706    36,195 kbps     00:17:19.747    165,134 bytes   667,641 bytes   00:21:17.109    
4               0:21:28.203     0:11:23.683     31,084 kbps     42,987 kbps     00:28:52.230    39,393 kbps     00:28:50.019    36,873 kbps     00:28:44.389    162,056 bytes   779,495 bytes   00:22:53.663    
5               0:32:51.886     0:07:34.871     23,395 kbps     40,478 kbps     00:35:47.854    37,575 kbps     00:37:15.066    36,592 kbps     00:37:10.436    121,969 bytes   678,868 bytes   00:35:48.271    
6               0:40:26.757     0:06:11.037     21,855 kbps     43,126 kbps     00:41:08.340    38,325 kbps     00:41:07.089    34,946 kbps     00:41:04.879    113,941 bytes   499,335 bytes   00:41:18.976    
7               0:46:37.795     0:09:43.165     21,463 kbps     47,880 kbps     00:53:06.892    39,732 kbps     00:53:04.306    36,610 kbps     00:53:00.802    111,900 bytes   676,278 bytes   00:53:06.933    
8               0:56:20.960     0:08:47.026     25,332 kbps     45,213 kbps     00:59:57.635    37,537 kbps     01:04:40.710    35,655 kbps     00:57:11.970    132,071 bytes   615,277 bytes   00:59:42.120    
9               1:05:07.987     0:10:28.169     27,897 kbps     45,457 kbps     01:11:19.525    36,863 kbps     01:11:18.065    36,004 kbps     01:10:03.449    145,443 bytes   704,482 bytes   01:10:04.950    
10              1:15:36.156     0:09:30.528     30,049 kbps     44,038 kbps     01:19:12.038    36,845 kbps     01:22:45.627    35,848 kbps     01:19:02.821    156,660 bytes   635,846 bytes   01:19:12.080    
11              1:25:06.684     0:14:35.708     21,016 kbps     40,983 kbps     01:31:55.259    37,844 kbps     01:25:07.602    32,226 kbps     01:25:06.684    109,568 bytes   927,316 bytes   01:25:07.644    
12              1:39:42.393     0:04:05.495     13,799 kbps     26,576 kbps     01:43:04.344    24,922 kbps     01:43:02.467    23,036 kbps     01:43:00.215    71,941 bytes    360,305 bytes   01:43:04.887    

STREAM DIAGNOSTICS:

File            PID             Type            Codec           Language                Seconds                 Bitrate                 Bytes           Packets         
----            ---             ----            -----           --------                --------------          --------------          -------------   -----           
00000.M2TS      4113 (0x1011)   0x1B            AVC                                     6234.812                25,000                  19,483,606,149  105,976,315     
00000.M2TS      4352 (0x1100)   0x80            LPCM            eng (English)           6234.812                2,310                   1,800,639,120   9,975,840       
00000.M2TS      4353 (0x1101)   0x86            DTS-HD MA       eng (English)           6234.812                1,916                   1,493,263,996   9,085,383       
00000.M2TS      4608 (0x1200)   0x90            PGS             eng (English)           6234.812                22                      17,189,654      100,617
<---- END FORUMS PASTE ---->

QUICK SUMMARY:

Playlist: 00000.MPLS
Size: 24,055,011,840 bytes
Length: 1:43:47
Total Bitrate: 30.90 Mbps
Video: MPEG-4 AVC Video / 25018 kbps / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
Audio: English / DTS-HD Master Audio / 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1916 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Audio: English / LPCM Audio / 2.0 / 48 kHz / 2304 kbps / 24-bit
Subtitle: English / 22.081 kbps
post #87 of 106 Old 12-18-2010, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

There we go, thanks. The disc is still 320 bytes smaller than the AU scan, but the playlist/encode is indeed identical.

LG B7 (OLED65B7P, 2017)
Denon AVR-890 (2009)
post #88 of 106 Old 12-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

There we go, thanks. The disc is still 320 bytes smaller than the AU scan, but the playlist/encode is indeed identical.

Actually, I'm not surprised. It just occurred to me that, when you pop the UK disc in, you are given a choice of "UK" and "Australia" as locations. Selecting "UK" displays the Optimum logo, selecting "Australia" displays the Madman logo - so presumably they're the exact same disc. That said, I can't explain the phantom 320 bytes.
post #89 of 106 Old 12-18-2010, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Now you tell me! Possibly different AnyDVD versions or something.

LG B7 (OLED65B7P, 2017)
Denon AVR-890 (2009)
post #90 of 106 Old 12-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Now you tell me! Possibly different AnyDVD versions or something.

Haha, sorry - completely slipped my mind until I fired up TotalMedia Theatre a few minutes ago and was presented with the location choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page