Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 01-11-2016, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Burnt Offerings disc issue

Hello all,

I don't post here very often, but I am curious if anyone has experience this issue with their disc.

I really like the bluray, and was shocked to see this issue. I was able to repeat the result. I contacted the company and I am awaiting a reply, but I just thought I would do a little more research on the side.

I really enjoy the movie and I hope there is a replacement program of some time.

The issue happens at 1 hour and 40 minutes when Karen Black burst through the door frantically to help someone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-12-2016, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

I wrote to Kino Lorber. They haven't answered yet. I hope it is just a defective disc but this is the weirdest thing O have seen from a new disc.
post #3 of 12 Old 01-12-2016, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 618
What exactly is going on in that frame? It looks like a very strange form of digital pixelation. I've never really seen anything like it in my vast experience. The disc has been out since October, I am surprised I've heard nothing about this error before.

Blu-ray Picture Quality Tiers (updated through July 13, 2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-13-2016, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

It is very strange. I just don't want to buy another and have the same thing happen. It happens for a split second, but I have repeated it.

Again it happens at 1 hour and 40 minutes I hope someone can confirm or disprove.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-15-2016, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

I am going to try to bump this again. With 72 views, someone has to be able to replicate or disprove my issue.

Look even if it has been out since October, it is still possible to have this error on your copy.

I have contacted Kino Lorber numerous times with no answer. Having feedback on this matter will help. So even if you looked at my post, checked your copy and saw it wasn't there, please say so.

I wiped the disc and nothing changed. There is no question that this is a digital error, the real question is if this was a pressing error or an actual problem with the transfer.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-20-2016, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

*update* I called Kino Lorber to ask them about issue and was told that they hadn't heard any reports so it must be on the suppliers end and just a bad copy.

I told them that I ferl pretty firm that this is a digital transfer error but I will try.

I bought it from Amazon and when I told them they immediately issued a credit.

I took that money and bought another from Best Buy. I just got Burnt Offerings again yesterday and it is on that copy as well!

There is no question that this is Kino Lorber. I will contact them and I am also perplexed why no reviewers have not seen this issue.

I urge anyone that purchased this bluray to look at the specific scene and call Kino!!! There needs to be an exanation for this.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-20-2016, 10:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Kino only sends out Blu-ray screeners to a small handful of Blu-ray review sites. I bet very few pro reviewers got a look at this disc.

post #8 of 12 Old 01-23-2016, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The issue does exist for one frame on the disc

post #9 of 12 Old 01-23-2016, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Corrupted digital file that wasn't caught before replication since it only affects one shot?

post #10 of 12 Old 02-01-2016, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
The issue does exist for one frame on the disc

I am glad that someone else could at least duplicate my error because then my search for an answer is over.

When I called Kino Lorber I was met by a real limp attitude and after going back and forth with the person said fine they would report it, and that it wasn't their fault but it was on the master that was provided to them.

I asked how they could know this if they haven't seen a screen shot or haven't verified where the error is? I only did a brief explanation, and I stated that it was possible that I got two bad copies (though not likely because of the two different suppliers).

He told me that he was going to report it again. I asked WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO REPORT? I haven't even stated a time stamp yet? I emailed them a couple of times with no answer. I told him to at least take my email and cross reference it with the emails I already sent and weren't given answers. So far I received nada and I doubt I will get an answer at all. I got a real sense that the guy just wanted me off the phone.

I hope I am wrong though, because while I don't hold out hope for a recall, hey...if there is, I hope I get one! I love this movie. If they do fix this issue, I will praise that from the highest mountain.

Last edited by genesim; 02-01-2016 at 09:21 AM.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-01-2016, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Kino's business model on Blu-ray is mostly issuing bare-bones catalog titles with masters provided by the original studio. I wouldn't expect them to fix this issue if it only exists for one frame. Burnt Offerings is not exactly burning up the sales charts, if you catch my drift.

post #12 of 12 Old 02-01-2016, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah it is sad. I guess I should be happy it came out at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page