UHD Blu-ray rental. - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 191Likes

post #451 of 466 Old 11-11-2019, 05:19 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4687 Post(s)
Liked: 4562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse01 View Post
Is 3dblurayrental..com still the go to place for UHD rentals?
Yes.

Quote:
Does Netflix offer UHD yet?
No.

Quote:
I see Redbox does but it is very dependent on the area.
True.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 466 Old 11-11-2019, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:

Does Netflix offer UHD yet? I see Redbox does but it is very dependent on the area.
Not seen any indication that Netflix will ever offer UHD.

Redbox does and it's much cheaper easier and convenient but there's not very many titles even if you're in an area where they offer them.

I'm using 3dblurayrental.com but they are on the slower side in my area that takes 6 days or so to get a title after they ship it can take a day or two and it's 8 bucks unless you do the monthly and when you do the monthly it's kind of slow and all of the newer titles are always unavailable and you can't make queue. You can make a wish list but you have to manually add them to a cart each time. You have to check if they're available by clicking on each one and you can't sort the wishlist by titles that are currently available it's a bit of a mess.
post #453 of 466 Old 11-11-2019, 11:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1994 Post(s)
Liked: 2715
Quote:

Does Netflix offer UHD yet? I see Redbox does but it is very dependent on the area.
In terms of price, convenience, selection, and immediate title availability, those fortunate enough to have/live near a “Family Video,” have it best...Redbox is a distant second.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 466 Old 11-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen View Post
Not seen any indication that Netflix will ever offer UHD.

Redbox does and it's much cheaper easier and convenient but there's not very many titles even if you're in an area where they offer them.

I'm using 3dblurayrental.com but they are on the slower side in my area that takes 6 days or so to get a title after they ship it can take a day or two and it's 8 bucks unless you do the monthly and when you do the monthly it's kind of slow and all of the newer titles are always unavailable and you can't make queue. You can make a wish list but you have to manually add them to a cart each time. You have to check if they're available by clicking on each one and you can't sort the wishlist by titles that are currently available it's a bit of a mess.
You can't do a queue but you can order multiples. I am on the 10 a month plan, which is technically only 2 out at a time, but it is not unusual for me to have 4 out. I order sometimes as many as 4 at a time. I just try to make sure I get my 10 a month. If is is close to the end of the month, I look for something to order that they have in stock. The biggest problem is that there are not that many UHD blu-rays released except for re-release of older movies.
post #455 of 466 Old 11-16-2019, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gworrel View Post
You can't do a queue but you can order multiples. I am on the 10 a month plan, which is technically only 2 out at a time, but it is not unusual for me to have 4 out. I order sometimes as many as 4 at a time. I just try to make sure I get my 10 a month. If is is close to the end of the month, I look for something to order that they have in stock. The biggest problem is that there are not that many UHD blu-rays released except for re-release of older movies.
Not sure what you are saying.
You order stuff that is not in stock and it ships when it is. Like order 10 things and they ship two and wait for two to come back and send two more? Or you order 4 and they send 4 even though you should only have two out? I’ve been doing it as I should or so I thought. Order two that are in stock and wait until I’ve got those and put them back in the mail, then order two more that are in stock at the time.
post #456 of 466 Old 11-16-2019, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Not sure what you are saying.
You order stuff that is not in stock and it ships when it is. Like order 10 things and they ship two and wait for two to come back and send two more? Or you order 4 and they send 4 even though you should only have two out? I’ve been doing it as I should or so I thought. Order two that are in stock and wait until I’ve got those and put them back in the mail, then order two more that are in stock at the time.
I don't order 10 at a time, but I might have 4 or 5 on order that have not yet shipped. When they ship the 10th one for the month, they send an email saying you've reached your limit and they don't send any more for that month. They allow a pre-order up to a week before a title is released. I just checked and right now I have 5 ordered that have not yet shipped. They have shipped me 5 so far this month. I just sent them back 4 at one time, 2 in each envelope. They do say that any titles that are a short wait will ship at the latest in 21 days. The oldest one I have on order right now was ordered Oct 23. I don't even use the wish list anymore. They don't wait for two to come back before sending two more. In fact, I just looked and they shipped me one on the 7th of Oct, one on the 8th, one on the 9th, 2 on the 10th, and one on the 11th. I've been a customer for over a year so that might help. They know they're getting them back.

One month they accidentally sent me 11 and wanted to charge me extra, but I pointed out that I was one title short the month before so we were even. I also said I had no way of knowing when they were going to send the unsent titles so I was getting an extra order in before the end of the month to be sure I got my 10. Then they ended up sending one of the unsent ones and the newer order. They said ok and removed the charge.
post #457 of 466 Old 11-20-2019, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 625
I made the mistake of losing my temper on one of redbox’s social media accounts - can’t remember whether it was FB or twitter.

Anyways they at least say that they are planning to expand to more markets in the future even if they don’t say what or where.

I’m sort of whatever at this point. That Mary Poppins Returns was such a tease...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aaronwt and gene4ht like this.
post #458 of 466 Old 11-20-2019, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2258 Post(s)
Liked: 3533
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
I made the mistake of losing my temper on one of redbox’s social media accounts - can’t remember whether it was FB or twitter.

Anyways they at least say that they are planning to expand to more markets in the future even if they don’t say what or where.

I’m sort of whatever at this point. That Mary Poppins Returns was such a tease...

Forget social media, just vent to us, what is said in the thread "stays in the thread"

"Espresso is like tequila, when in doubt apply more shots."
post #459 of 466 Old 11-20-2019, 07:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post

Can’t believe there hasn’t been greater expansion efforts to date...particularly into your market area.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #460 of 466 Old 11-26-2019, 09:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 7232 Post(s)
Liked: 16446
Was in a hurry this evening and reserved a movie from Redbox using their phone app. I went to my normal location and there was no record of it. I was like you have to be kidding me. So I checked the confirmation page of the app, and lo and behold I used a different location. Son of a biscuit. So long story short, can I return this movie to any Redbox? Or does it have to be at the location I retrieved it from?

post #461 of 466 Old 11-27-2019, 01:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Was in a hurry this evening and reserved a movie from Redbox using their phone app. I went to my normal location and there was no record of it. I was like you have to be kidding me. So I checked the confirmation page of the app, and lo and behold I used a different location. Son of a biscuit. So long story short, can I return this movie to any Redbox? Or does it have to be at the location I retrieved it from?
Yes...

post #462 of 466 Old 11-27-2019, 09:44 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 9531 Post(s)
Liked: 6222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
That's one of the best things about RedBox. The disc can be returned to any location.

Although one time I had an issue returning a title. I kept running into Redbox locations that were full, and could not accept any more returns. Finally at the fifth location, I was able to return it.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #463 of 466 Old 11-27-2019, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
That's one of the best things about RedBox. The disc can be returned to any location.

Although one time I had an issue returning a title. I kept running into Redbox locations that were full, and could not accept any more returns. Finally at the fifth location, I was able to return it.
Interesting...never had that experience in the Detroit market.

post #464 of 466 Old 11-27-2019, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2414 Post(s)
Liked: 2046
I've never had a problem returning a disc or heard of a kiosk being "full". At one time there were 11 Redbox kiosks within two miles of me. They finally figured out that was a little much and cut back to 6 by removing the under performing ones.

I see "Angel has Fallen" is available 4K.
post #465 of 466 Old 11-27-2019, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 7232 Post(s)
Liked: 16446
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Thanks. Good to hear. Makes it much more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
I've never had a problem returning a disc or heard of a kiosk being "full". At one time there were 11 Redbox kiosks within two miles of me. They finally figured out that was a little much and cut back to 6 by removing the under performing ones.

I see "Angel has Fallen" is available 4K.
That's what I rented.

post #466 of 466 Old 12-03-2019, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Thanks for pointing this out!

I was not aware that this was a service they even offered, and it turns out they do in my area.

Because streaming has gotten so good, I haven't visited a Redbox in years. It'll be nice to get those movies that are one's we'd like to see with the best sound/picture but don't necessarily want to own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page