Which DTS-X titles have DIALOG CONTROL enabled in the metadata? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-28-2016, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2269 Post(s)
Liked: 1487
Which DTS-X titles have DIALOG CONTROL enabled in the metadata?

As asked... Which DTS-X titles have Dialog Control enabled in the metadata?

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-28-2016, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked: 3176
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
As asked... Which DTS-X titles have Dialog Control enabled in the metadata?
Only can be found on the demo disk. I think Marc explained why you're likely to never see this "feature" enabled.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #3 of 8 Old 06-28-2016, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Only can be found on the demo disk. I think Marc explained why you're likely to never see this "feature" enabled.
Have a copy of that along the way, but I recall there is one title where it is enabled.

I'll have read Marc's comments. This would be a great feature for many.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-28-2016, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
Quoted: 7382 Post(s)
Liked: 6457
Don't know if there are any whole features with adjustable dialogue control (can't imagine studios would allow that), but there are a couple of tracks on the 2016 DTS demo disc. 'All I Want Is to Be Your Girl' by Holly Miranda (you can increase her vocals, just her vocals, by up to 6dB). Also, the DTS:X channel check, where a female voice calls out all 11 speakers (you can increase the dialogue level of her voice). If you don't have the DTS demo disc, then you can still get the DTS:X channel check in the extras section of 'The Last Witch Hunter' Blu-ray.

Sanjay
post #5 of 8 Old 06-28-2016, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
Don't know if there are any whole features with adjustable dialogue control (can't imagine studios would allow that), but there are a couple of tracks on the 2016 DTS demo disc. 'All I Want Is to Be Your Girl' by Holly Miranda (you can increase her vocals, just her vocals, by up to 6dB). Also, the DTS:X channel check, where a female voice calls out all 11 speakers (you can increase the dialogue level of her voice). If you don't have the DTS demo disc, then you can still get the DTS:X channel check in the extras section of 'The Last Witch Hunter' Blu-ray.
Got it. Thanks for the informative response.

post #6 of 8 Old 06-29-2016, 07:35 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 5986 Post(s)
Liked: 5117
Quote:
It actually isn't adjustable on the 11.1ch channel check. It was another DTS:X demo (generic DTS:X demo) on the disk that had an announcer and that clip had the adjustable dialog.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-30-2016, 12:50 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 5986 Post(s)
Liked: 5117
Quote:
This was the clip with adjustable dialog.

post #8 of 8 Old 12-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

Mind linking to Marc's explanation?

Living Room: Kef Q900/Q600c/Q100, SVS SB2000, Denon AVR-X3500H.
PC Setup: Infinity R152, Sunfire XTEQ8, DIY 3e-Audio TPA3255 amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page