MassFlix UHD BR (and other discs) rental service - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 31 Old 12-30-2017, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR View Post
Not much right now. Of what's available, I'd of course pick the highest disc(s) -- if it's getting passed along from another user, you'll get it no matter where it is... Anyone that doesn't want that can let me know, and I'll try to make sure it's how you want.

Many options I'm considering -- to set whether you care about Queue order (how strongly...?), or just want anything equally (I remember Blockbuster had this option; don't recall seeing it with Netflix).

What to do about unavailable discs -- skip them, or wait for them and block others. What does need to happen for sure, and doesn't yet, is movies from a series that are related should be "locked together," in order, by default, unless you choose to break them apart and allow them to be sent independently.

An option to only consider discs in the top N positions (customizable, of course) -- e.g. have a single digit number to really control the few you want to get (at the expense of being passed over for others, of course; longer waits; etc.), or set to like 50 if you have tons and don't want to get something from way down.

Of course this all needs to be considered in some sort of "scoring" system to progmatically decide what to send where, when... Dunno! It's basically "dumb" right now, haha.

P.S. 3 of them are now available that didn't show when you added them.
Hmm... sending the top 'N' that are available where 'N' is the number I say I want to have out at a time with the ability to lock series so they come in order seems like it would be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page