Blockbuster Online is total garbage!!! Here is why... - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 94 Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethhobrin View Post

Well I have added more titles to my queue. I now have 45 movies in my queue. 25 of them report as available now. Still NO NEW SHIPMENTS. It has now been 5 days since I returned all 4 of my movies to a store which should have immediately triggered a shipment. I have contacted customer service several more times and each time they just tell me that I do not have enough titles in my queue. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I am 100% convinced that I am being throttled because I have a 4 out at a time plan and promptly watch movies and return them to stores.

I'm having the same problem. Everything was going great for about 1 1/2 months. Then none of my movies were shipping. So I gave it another day, and sure enough nothing shipped. I email them, and got the same B.S. responces you'll got. I have over 60 movies in my queue. What the hell do I need 40 "available" titles in my queue for, if I can only have 3 out at a time? Dumb asses! I love total access but this isn't worth it. It's been 5 days my shipped movie list has been BLANK. 5 days!!!!!!! If this doesn't improve before my next billing, it's back to netflix!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It is now exactly 7 days from the exact time I returned all 4 of my movies to a blockbuster store and blockbuster has STILL NOT sent new movies from my queue.....

| PS4 - headshotwi |
| Klipsch RF-82, RS-62, RC-64 | 2 X HSU ULS-15 DualDrive | Onkyo PR-SC5507P | Sony XBR75X940D | Emotiva XPA-5 & UPA-2 |
post #33 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Wow, this is appalling. I had no idea this was happening to so many people. Almost this exact thing has been happening to me for about 2 months now. I posted about my experience in another thread about a month ago, here is the text:

-------------------------------
My problem with BBO is worse than this. I have the 3 at a time option and I can't get them to send me movies. I keep 20+ movies in my queue, most of which show as available. Many times when I send movies back to them they will register as having been returned, but they just won't ship out any new ones! It's ridiculous and I've complained about it 4 times now, but all I ever get is "for best service, you should keep 30 titles in your queue at all times". I don't WANT 30 titles that they have. I rely on new movies to populate my list, and can NEVER find more than 20 or so that I want. The worst part of it is, there are certain movies they will literally NEVER send me. For instance, I've had "The Omen 2" at the #1 spot in my queue for all of 8 MONTHS now, its shown up as "available" the entire time, and it will not ship. I've complained about this, referencing this very title to the CS reps, and they do NOTHING. Worse yet, any title actually showing up as "Short Delay" or worse will never change status. I've not had this happen yet. Eventually I simply remove them from my list because they just sit there for months (except The Omen 2, that one I'm keeping in there for comic purposes).

I'm so fed up with them. I'm probably going to get my money's worth out of this month and switch back to Netflix. Hopefully they've fixed the throttling issue that hit me bad about 2 years ago.

Just wanted to share my terrible experience with BBO.
---------------------------------------

What burns me the most about all this is that it REALLY is false advertising. When I signed up for this service, I didn't sign up to "receive 3 movies at a time as long as I have upward of 30-40 titles in my queue" I signed up to "receive 3 movies at a time"...PERIOD. This was not a stipulation of the signup agreement, so it should NOT apply to service. Coupons also do NOTHING. I don't even bother taking my movies back into the stores anymore since 60-80% of their stock is always checked out (likely on account of the coupons and trade-ins)!

I've been a little too complacent lately, but with this post I'm going to print this month's coupons and quit my membership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 11:31 AM

I am sorry to hear so many with problems. I have not had the problem re: longer and longer wait times, they usually send me movies next day, and even when it says 'long wait' or 'short wait' if I remove all 'available' movies from my list they get those out to me very quickly. I have only had one with scratches, and they usually email me response to any problem I have within literally hours. I don't think I've ever had a subscription service for anything that came close to the service I get with this company. It's odd how service can vary so dramatically, they should work on that b/c rarely do people believe positive reviews when there are so many negative ones.
post #35 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 11:41 AM

I live in Dallas, the home of Blockbuster, so the largest distribution center is here. Also, they have been shipping disc out of the stores for over a year now.

I too am experiencing this, and it's even more absurd in my case, as I have 344 movies in my queue. Here is the email that I sent to customer care -

"In my queue, it presently says "To have movies shipped, just make sure
you have added movies to your queue that are Available Now. There's
nothing else to do. We will ship your next available DVD's within 1
business day"

There are presently 344 movies in my queue. I can't give a complete
count of the # that are Available Now, but it's well over 200.

Just how many do I have to have to get a movie to ship. This is now
the second day that I have nothing out, so your note on the website is
a lie.

I just recently joing Total Access, after 2+ years with Netflix. I am
beginning to think that I have made a mistake. I also have a blog, and
would hate to have to mention this to the entire internet. Plz address this
asap."

Can't wait to see their response to this

Dirkmaster
post #36 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 11:57 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Campbell View Post

I've been a little too complacent lately, but with this post I'm going to print this month's coupons and quit my membership.

Exactly what I did yesterday. Used my last coupon, then went home and cancelled. I had over 50 movies in my queue with over 30 available now. Re-opened my Netflix account yesterday, and 2 of the first 3 movies arrived today.

In 4 months with the 3 at a time plan with BB online, I received a total of 34 movies. Double that (using the return for a rental), comes out to 68 movies in 4 months or 17 movies per month.

Last October, my last month with Netflix on 3 at a time, I received 26 movies.
post #37 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Blockbuster is just evil for many reasons. For example, they tried to blackmale studios into giving them an exclusive 6 month renting window on DVDs. Studios told Blockbuster to go screw itself and it's been whimpering ever since.

If there's one thing Blockbuster is good for, it's screwing over consumers. I hope they go under quickly.
post #38 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
netflix was awful and i kept it for over an year before i stopped. Netfix never eVar sent me new releases for least 3months after it was released. Blockbuster has by far been much better and I've had them for 2 years now.
post #39 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I spoke with them yesturday and today regarding my account with 50+ movies in my queue and at least half reporting as avaiable. I am being told that there is a problem with there system and new movies are not being shipped and it is affecting a lot of customers. They claim there IT dpeartment is working on the issue and when I asked for a partial refund they immediately agreed to refund me half of my monthly fee and offered me more coupons.

| PS4 - headshotwi |
| Klipsch RF-82, RS-62, RC-64 | 2 X HSU ULS-15 DualDrive | Onkyo PR-SC5507P | Sony XBR75X940D | Emotiva XPA-5 & UPA-2 |
post #40 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic View Post

Blockbuster is just evil for many reasons. For example, they tried to blackmale studios into giving them an exclusive 6 month renting window on DVDs. Studios told Blockbuster to go screw itself and it's been whimpering ever since.

If there's one thing Blockbuster is good for, it's screwing over consumers. I hope they go under quickly.

They show "School for Scoundrels" as an BB exclusive rental!
post #41 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I spoke with them yesturday and today regarding my account with 50+ movies in my queue and at least half reporting as avaiable. I am being told that there is a problem with there system and new movies are not being shipped and it is affecting a lot of customers. They claim there IT dpeartment is working on the issue and when I asked for a partial refund they immediately agreed to refund me half of my monthly fee and offered me more coupons.

WOW you got through. Everytime I call I get a busy signal. I'm about fed up too. I'll try to call them on monday. I'm going to go over to nextflix until this problem is resolved and my local BB begins to rent HD movies. Everyone enjoy, and netflix is rumored to be working on a download service too! Then BB goes and buys www.movielink.com, go figure
post #42 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnickersonjr View Post

WOW you got through. Everytime I call I get a busy signal. I'm about fed up too. I'll try to call them on monday. I'm going to go over to nextflix until this problem is resolved and my local BB begins to rent HD movies. Everyone enjoy, and netflix is rumored to be working on a download service too! Then BB goes and buys www.movielink.com, go figure

Who would want to download and watch a movie to there computer when they can watch it on an HDTV with a nice sound system. I don't see how downloading movies is going to be that popular....

| PS4 - headshotwi |
post #43 of 94 Old 03-02-2007, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Who would want to download and watch a movie to there computer when they can watch it on an HDTV with a nice sound system. I don't see how downloading movies is going to be that popular....

It's convenient. They have been downloading hd movies on XBOXLIVE. People seem to like the PQ just not the price! https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post9713929
post #44 of 94 Old 03-04-2007, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

APPARENTLY SOMETHING BIG IS GOING ON WITH BLOCKBUSTER ONLINE'S SYSTEM. PLEASE DIGG THIS STORY AND CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.digg.com/business_finance...ver_a_week_now

| PS4 - headshotwi |
post #45 of 94 Old 03-04-2007, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

APPARENTLY SOMETHING BIG IS GOING ON WITH BLOCKBUSTER ONLINE'S SYSTEM. PLEASE DIGG THIS STORY AND CHECK IT OUT!!!

Well I'm calling Monday to get my refund. This should make it pretty easy! Thanks for the post.
post #46 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

UPDATe: 10 Days now and still now movies being shipped with 52 movies in my queue and 31 showing as available now.

Called blockbuster online and I am still being told they are working on this mysterious "glitch."

| PS4 - headshotwi |
post #47 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

I understand that you are upset, but did you read the article you want us to digg?

Guy put a dvd in the mail and returned one to the store on 1/16, it showed they came up in his queue on 1/18 and no movies had shipped out that day. Not exactly a huge problem. Plus the post is from 1/18, I almost buried it as innacurate
post #48 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Downloading to a PC is stupid, but I think XBOX is onto something with their download service. I don't have it personally, but I can see it as a viable option.

I would like to have a disc I can keep and not have to wait 8 hours for it to download, but if speeds and storage get better it might be something to look at in a few years.
post #49 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 11
I recently tried blockbuster again ( i have them before with good results) got the first 3 movies in 1 day wow amazing, I return 2 of them they get them the next day they ship the next two in my que a week later nothing, i report it and its been 2 weeks and nothing yet, i returned the last movie a week after i started they barely got it 2 weeks later and the location is in a city 20 minutes away from me.

I have a big feeling they are porpusele pretending to barely get the movies when they have had them for a while and say they have shipped them but put them on some kind of que that they ship later on.

needless to say i have canceled them

Subwoofers: Dual svs pb 13 ultras Receiver:Pioneer elite SC-LX701 Main speakers:svs ultra bookshelfs Surrounds: svs satellite
post #50 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
If you're a heavy renter, don't go anywhere close to Netflix. It took them less than 1 month to throttle me and after that, I never received a movie that had been out for less than 2 months and it routinely took 4 to 5 days to send me new titles. While this was happening, I had over 200 titles in my queue and at least 3/4 of them were listed as "Available Now". I had one "Available Now" title at the #1 position in my queue for 3 months and never received it. My 4 months with Netflix were the most frustrating customer service experience of my life.
post #51 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Downloading to a PC is stupid, but I think XBOX is onto something with their download service. I don't have it personally, but I can see it as a viable option.

I would like to have a disc I can keep and not have to wait 8 hours for it to download, but if speeds and storage get better it might be something to look at in a few years.

HTPC/MCE, look it up, ignorance is bliss but it is hell on the rest of us.
post #52 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffylush View Post

HTPC/MCE, look it up, ignorance is bliss but it is hell on the rest of us.

Why downloading is stupid:

1) The datastream can get corrupted, making an entire download useless

2) It takes hours and hours and hours....AND HOURS!

3) As far as I know, there are no HD downloads of full-length films and if there are, I'm sure they aren't 1080p.

4) Do these downloads I'm so ignorant about have uncompressed audio? Doubtful.

5) No extras....at all.....as in "none".

Yeah, that's SO MUCH BETTER than buying the BD for $17.50.

I'll say it again "Downloading is stupid".
post #53 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

http://www.usenet.com/

1 - par files

2 - wire speed, 6mb for me

3 - alt.binaries.hdtv - broadcast stuff plus all the liberated HD DVD content

4 - Not sure if there is BD content, so probably not LPCM - So that is one

5 - some are exact copies of the discs some aren't, but if I could avoid downloading the extras I don't want I would.

All that being said, there does need to be a better legit method, the HD iTunes is a start, but they have a long way to go (and so does the xbox).

ps. AFAIK a pc will be the only way to record hd content, play BD and HD DVD, and download content in one box, ever. Not to mention all the other things that a PC could do.

All that being said, I use an S3 and a PS3 (got rid of my htpc). I don't download true HD content, I find it easier for me to use Blockbuster. That doesn't make downloading stupid, just means I choose not to do it.
post #54 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:

http://www.usenet.com/

.......And the purpose of this link is......?
post #55 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

.......And the purpose of this link is......?

sorry, was involved in a lengthy edit, scroll back up
post #56 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 01:56 PM

I was talking about legal ways to watch HD. I could rob a Best Buy and technically make off with a better deal than anywhere else. That doesn't make it a legitimate way to watch HD.

And you answered you own question by pointing out Netflix is a better deal anyway. And it's not even against the law.
post #57 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I was talking about legal ways to watch HD. I could rob a Best Buy and technically make off with a better deal than anywhere else. That doesn't make it a legitimate way to watch HD.

And you answered you own question by pointing out Netflix is a better deal anyway. And it's not even against the law.

The "downloading is stupid" comment set me off, just because it isn't worth it to you doesn't make it stupid.

Is that so hard to see? Move it to PM if you want to continue, I have taken this OT enough for today.
post #58 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:

The "downloading is stupid" comment set me off, just because it isn't worth it to you doesn't make it stupid.

Is that so hard to see? Move it to PM if you want to continue, I have taken this OT enough for today.

Stealing IS stupid. I make no apologies for that self-evident fact.
post #59 of 94 Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFTony View Post

If you're a heavy renter, don't go anywhere close to Netflix. It took them less than 1 month to throttle me and after that, I never received a movie that had been out for less than 2 months and it routinely took 4 to 5 days to send me new titles. While this was happening, I had over 200 titles in my queue and at least 3/4 of them were listed as "Available Now". I had one "Available Now" title at the #1 position in my queue for 3 months and never received it. My 4 months with Netflix were the most frustrating customer service experience of my life.

So is online rental taking a blast. Too many subcribers for them to handle? It's been 8 days and not one of my movies have shipped. Then the billed me on 2/25 then back doored and charged me again on 3/2. WTF? So I emailed them demanding a refund for the 3/2 charge and told them to cancel my subcription.
post #60 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 03:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hello Curtis,

Thank you for contacting BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Care.

I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. I understand that your wondering why your credit card didn't work when we try to charge it, Curtis & Brandie. Unfortunately, BLOCKBUSTER Online does not receive notification of the specific reason. Please contact your credit card company or banking institution for additional information.

However, I would like to inform you that if your payment card is declined on the scheduled billing date, BLOCKBUSTER will automatically continue to make attempts to charge your payment card for your convenience. During this period, you may still have access to your account to continue your benefits. Please be advised that there are a couple of things to know regarding our automatic charges. First, our billing system cannot force additional attempts on a specific day. And second, your scheduled billing date each month will not change as a result of successful billing.

Now if you would like to update your payment card or its expiration date, you may do so by signing in to your My Account page navigating to the Update My Credit Card Information page. Once you have updated your credit card information, the system should initiate your billing the same evening.

Here's how you can cancel your account online: Just go to www.blockbuster.com and log in to your account. Make sure you log in with the e-mail you used when you signed up, then click on My Account. Under the Billing Information area, you will see your Online Membership listed and a blue link to the right to cancel. Your next bill date is on March 29, 2007 remember to cancel at least one day before this date so we don't bill you for another month. Also, if you still have any movies out on the day you cancel, please remember BLOCKBUSTER Online must have them back within 30 days to prevent possible charges for not returning them on time after the account is closed. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, and I'll be happy to help if I can.
Customer (Curtis) 03/05/2007 11:32 PM
I had a the free trial then I was charged on 2/25 then again on 3/02? Why is this. Not to mention I haven't had a movie shipped for 7+ days now. Can you explain to me why I was charged back to back. Last week It showed my next billing was to be on 3/25! Then it goes and charges me on 3/02.

it is clear you'll are having some sort of system issue. I would like for you to refund my $19.00 charged on 3/02 and cancel my account. One whole week with no movies shipped, and you're over charging me on top of that. No thank you. I would like out!

I didn't ask why my credit card didn't get charged when they try to charge it.

Who are the idiots reading these emails? Well @ 8am when they open, i'm calling the number to get my refund!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page