Blockbuster Online is total garbage!!! Here is why... - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Been scouring the internet and reports of this type of thing are starting to flood in. LOTS OF PEOPLE haven't had new movies shipped in the last 2 weeks. Personally its been 11 days now since I returned all 4 movies to a store and each time I call they tell me they had some major technical glitch that was just resolved by IT and my new movies should ship and to wait one more day.

| PS4 - headshotwi |
| Klipsch RF-82, RS-62, RC-64 | 2 X HSU ULS-15 DualDrive | Onkyo PR-SC5507P | Sony XBR75X940D | Emotiva XPA-5 & UPA-2 |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethhobrin View Post

Been scouring the internet and reports of this type of thing are starting to flood in. LOTS OF PEOPLE haven't had new movies shipped in the last 2 weeks. Personally its been 11 days now since I returned all 4 movies to a store and each time I call they tell me they had some major technical glitch that was just resolved by IT and my new movies should ship and to wait one more day.

I just got off the phone. The guy I talked to told me the problem is being fixed and my movies should begin to ship in 48 hours. Then he refunded me this months fee, 2 months at half off, and will send me coupons. So I can deal with it. I just used the refund to get netflix for this month. If they don't have their stuff together by then, then I'll be forced to leave. We're good for now!
post #63 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnickersonjr View Post

I just got off the phone. The guy I talked to told me the problem is being fixed and my movies should begin to ship in 48 hours. Then he refunded me this months fee, 2 months at half off, and will send me coupons. So I can deal with it. I just used the refund to get netflix for this month. If they don't have their stuff together by then, then I'll be forced to leave. We're good for now!

That is way more than they gave me. Guess I'll be calling them again considering still no new movies shipped.

| PS4 - headshotwi |
| Klipsch RF-82, RS-62, RC-64 | 2 X HSU ULS-15 DualDrive | Onkyo PR-SC5507P | Sony XBR75X940D | Emotiva XPA-5 & UPA-2 |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just cut my membership. Pure crap for customer service. It was taking four or five days for them to ship my next titles after returning current titles to the store.

Member of the Purple format, 360, PS3 and SXRD camp. I Love them all!
post #65 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have been w/BB total Access for a month and a half and all of a sudden no movies are shipping out. I received the same lame email as the first poster regarding movies in qeue. Total BS, I had 1/3 of my qeue showing available including my #1 movie on my list. Well after a week and before thay could bill me, I quit their service. All they had to do was ship me 1 movie and I would have stayed and I was on the 3movie plan. They never said they would ship me a movie on my list, kept up the qeue BS. They did offer to give me a discount plan for 6 months if I would come back, but why pay a dime if they are not going to ship out movies and never did address the issue that they are aperrantly really having, they are unable to fill orders. BB Total Access has tanked and they are not letting their customers know about the situation.

Well Lets Give NETFLIX a Try!! So long BB!!
post #66 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

I have been with BBO total access for a couple months. Absolutely LOVE the combination of online and returning in store to browse, plus getting an x360 game rental free each month.

Until about a week and a half now. I have had nothing shipped for almost two weeks, both movies out shown returned for a full week now. Nothing but canned responses for CS. Can't get the phone number to work on the website...always busy.

I mean it went from the greatest thing ever for me, to completely taking my money. I would welcome a compensation for a delay and go back, but this is insane.

Anyone have a phone number that works? I just get busy signals.

Paul Taatjes
post #67 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaaty View Post

I have been with BBO total access for a couple months. Absolutely LOVE the combination of online and returning in store to browse, plus getting an x360 game rental free each month.

Until about a week and a half now. I have had nothing shipped for almost two weeks, both movies out shown returned for a full week now. Nothing but canned responses for CS. Can't get the phone number to work on the website...always busy.

I mean it went from the greatest thing ever for me, to completely taking my money. I would welcome a compensation for a delay and go back, but this is insane.

I would call right when they open. That's what I did!
post #68 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 06:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

WOW. I've been waiting forever for Luck # Sleven and Departed to ship from BB online. Since they've been released! I signed up for netflix Early this morning and they both are shipping out today! Not to mention BB has "coming soon" for new releases a week after they have been released. Why is this?
post #69 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I spoke with CSR again today and they gave me 3 more coupons and refunded the rest of my monthly fee. The lady said that all of the managers were in a big meetings regarding the major glitch with their system. She told me that the problem should be resolved within 48 hours and she gave me her direct email if I had questions in the meantime.

I would say to everyone having this issue with no new movies being shipped in the last week or two to call that number until you get though and talk to someone and demand a monthyl refund and coupons and either wait a few more days or just cancel if you choose not to deal with them. I will let you guys know the minute I get new movies shipped. So far its been 15 days.

| PS4 - headshotwi |
post #70 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaaty View Post

Thats why I said enough is enough. You can't even get a hold of anybody because the phone is just busy all the time.

Member of the Purple format, 360, PS3 and SXRD camp. I Love them all!
post #71 of 94 Old 03-06-2007, 09:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Another score for Netflix. At least to me. Watch movies on your PC now, and it's included in your membership. It's great for trips. You can stream movies in your hotel room instead of paying for rentals at the motel. Or at the airport! Use you imagination.
post #72 of 94 Old 03-07-2007, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

WOW. I've been waiting forever for Luck # Sleven and Departed to ship from BB online. Since they've been released! I signed up for netflix Early this morning and they both are shipping out today! Not to mention BB has "coming soon" for new releases a week after they have been released. Why is this?

Movies arrived today. Pretty quick!
post #73 of 94 Old 03-08-2007, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I am now up to 18 days since the last movies have shipped out. Here is the lately correspondance from BBO

Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:04 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Allocation

I have just received an email stating we have all the KNOWN issues taken care of by tomorrow and the customer's should start seeing the product to be shipped by no later than Friday morning. I wanted to make sure you did not have to call in anymore about this issue. If there are any more questions feel free to email me and I will try and help you in a better time frame. Thanks for your patience.

Erika Johnson

| PS4 - headshotwi |
post #74 of 94 Old 03-08-2007, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 33
After getting tired of waitin for my movies (which haven't shipped in a week) I cancelled my membership and now with the money that I was paying BB I'll upgrade my Netflix account so that I can get more movie. Even though I loved the option of returning the movies at store but without any new movie being shipped, it had become completely useless.
post #75 of 94 Old 03-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Just called...waited 20 minutes before I finally spoke with a person. They told me movies should resume shipping in 24-48 hours (after a 2 week hiatus) and that I will get 4 ecoupons and a half month credit back to my credit card.
post #76 of 94 Old 03-08-2007, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I've had no problems with Blockbuster (knock on wood). I switched from Netflix to Blockbuster for the All Access thing. I never pay for rentals anymore, other than the $14.95 a month. Which is pretty damn good since I rent a lot of movies.

The Mole is here.
post #77 of 94 Old 03-08-2007, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I just received an email that a "Prime" has been shipped. This movie was 10th on my queue and 7 movies above it have the status "available"..... WTF !!! Oh and not to mention.... I cancelled my membership YESTERDAY...and even website shows my membership as cancelled and still a movie was shipped..............now that shows how garbage BB's sytem is....

Off to Netflix again........
post #78 of 94 Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

More reports of this sysem outage:

http://www.hackingnetflix.com/2007/0...uster_bug.html

| PS4 - headshotwi |
post #79 of 94 Old 03-08-2007, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well BB online shipped 3 movies today! So I guess they have their stuff together.
post #80 of 94 Old 03-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I have been with BB for over 2 happy uneventful years but have just now received the same crappy treatment as David. I had nothing out and nothing was sent for 12 days. Everything I had sent back had been received by them that entire time! I have around 200 movies of all types in my Q. They finally shipped one out today. I'm still short 2 movies on my three out plan!!! It's back to Netflix for me.

Jim
Mow, fertilize, and properly water the grass and it will grow a nice deep green!
post #81 of 94 Old 03-08-2007, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

They shipped me 4 movies today so problem must finally be resolved.

| PS4 - headshotwi |
post #82 of 94 Old 03-19-2007, 10:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

BB has got it together. I returned 3 movies Sunday night right before closing. Monday, 3 movies shipped. That's more like it. I have all six movies in my shipped list too. What's up with that?
post #83 of 94 Old 08-13-2007, 10:15 AM
TCB
Advanced Member

BB Online is up to its old tricks again. They are not shipping out movies that are returned to stores. I returned two on Wednesday...it is now Monday and they still haven't shipped out new titles. This has been going on for about a month now.

My responses from CSR are lies. Netflix got into serious trouble for this type of activity...looks like Blockbuster is copying more than just the legitimate parts of their business plan.

Almost ready to pull the plug (except I like the instore return/exchange).

Check out my Simon and Garfunkel tribute duo:
Feelin' Groovy: The Music of Simon and Garfunkel or my music at
My Music Website
post #84 of 94 Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB View Post

BB Online is up to its old tricks again. They are not shipping out movies that are returned to stores. I returned two on Wednesday...it is now Monday and they still haven't shipped out new titles. This has been going on for about a month now.

My responses from CSR are lies. Netflix got into serious trouble for this type of activity...looks like Blockbuster is copying more than just the legitimate parts of their business plan.

Almost ready to pull the plug (except I like the instore return/exchange).

I am going through the same thing right now, I returned a movie to the store 8 days ago and a new one hasn't shipped out for it yet.

With Netflix on the other had I put 2 movies in the mail on Friday, one in the mail Saturday and on Monday I see the following titles are shipping today -

Wild Hogs
Vacancy
The Lookout

So not only is the turn around dramatically faster but I am getting new releases almost every week.
post #85 of 94 Old 08-13-2007, 06:17 PM

I am having no problems. I returned two last tuesday, got email wednesday that they shipped, and on Friday they were in my box. Returned another on Friday and it already says that Vacancy has shipped today

Gonna return two more tomorrow

"I need it. Buy it. Store it." - Tony Stark
post #86 of 94 Old 08-15-2007, 11:26 PM

Returned two yesterday, two more were shipped today, however I have 15 blu-ray titles in my queue and they are all LONG WAITS or worse so I got two crappy SD DVDs I didnt really want

Blockbuster needs to get more inventory of BDs. I had the Prestige as number 1 for about 6 montsh until I just bought it last week.

"I need it. Buy it. Store it." - Tony Stark
post #87 of 94 Old 08-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurms View Post

Returned two yesterday, two more were shipped today, I got two crappy SD DVDs I didnt really want

I've said this before, but to be happy with Blockbuster (and I guess Netflix), you really have to pare down your queue to only titles you really want, even if it means having a nearly empty queue. For my Netflix queue, I keep it completely empty and when I mail back a movie, I go and add one or two movies that I want to watch. There shouldn't ever be a case where you get a crappy movie since you added them to the queue yourself.
post #88 of 94 Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

I've only been with BBO for about a month, and have yet to experience a delay in shipping titles (except around weekends, when they'll acknowledge receipt of a DVD - proving that someone is working there that day - but still won't ship out another until the "next business day"). I guess it helps that I have 82 titles (and counting) from which to choose. It also helps that I'm on the 1-at-a-time plan, and even if I take a disc back to the store as soon as I get it, it's still not as big a drain as those with 3-at-a-time constantly back and forth.

However, I often get titles mailed out of order. I've had Weeds Season 2 sitting at the top of my queue since I signed up, and on at least two occasions it was "Available" when they mailed me something lower in my queue. Most recently they did the same thing with Artie Lange's Beer League; I wonder if the fact that they're multi-disc titles has anything to do with it?
post #89 of 94 Old 08-16-2007, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurms View Post

Returned two yesterday, two more were shipped today, however I have 15 blu-ray titles in my queue and they are all LONG WAITS or worse so I got two crappy SD DVDs I didnt really want

Blockbuster needs to get more inventory of BDs. I had the Prestige as number 1 for about 6 montsh until I just bought it last week.

Blockbuster video is a joke.......when it comes with br movies. Lucky I am a format neutral so all my hd dvd movies in queue are available.....Blockbuster video is a joke......it is all BS. my BD movies are the same with you, they used this BS marketing just to say blu ray is winning the format war, if they really support Blu ray then where are the BD movies.........nada, nothing, zero...........kaput, I think they got paid substantially to promote BD.

Peter
Enjoy HD no matter what......
post #90 of 94 Old 08-16-2007, 02:26 PM

I had Netflix for over four years and absolutely loved it. I decided to go to Blockbuster because of Total Access. It is just more movies for about the same money.
I rent only BD movies.
I was having the same issues you where having in the first month with blockbuster. I called CSR and got the same email response, and got all the free coupons too. The only way I corrected this problem was by moving movies that show available to the top of my queue. It seems that Blockbuster has a different queue system than Netflix. Netflix was really good about sending your next "Available" movie no matter where it was in the queue. Blockbuster works much different. They put a huge weight on the movies at the top of your queue. So even if the movies at the top of your queue say short wait,long wait etc., they try and send you those movies at the top of your queue and will even skip a shipment.
I know my solution really sucks because that means you would have to be shuffling your available movie titles to the top of your queue all the time.
So since I started putting only available movies at the top of my queue, they have not skipped any shipments. This also sucks because you might not be able to see new releases for a while but sometimes you can grab those Blu-Ray new releases in store.

But I would never recommend Blockbuster Online to anyone, especially now since they got rid of their unlimited in-store trade in. Go with Netflix, more availability and more obscure titles and music titles. They also just dropped another dollar of their plans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page