Blockbuster Online is total garbage!!! Here is why... - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 94 Old 08-17-2007, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

I had Netflix for over four years and absolutely loved it. I decided to go to Blockbuster because of Total Access. It is just more movies for about the same money.
I rent only BD movies.
I was having the same issues you where having in the first month with blockbuster. I called CSR and got the same email response, and got all the free coupons too. The only way I corrected this problem was by moving movies that show available to the top of my queue. It seems that Blockbuster has a different queue system than Netflix. Netflix was really good about sending your next "Available" movie no matter where it was in the queue. Blockbuster works much different. They put a huge weight on the movies at the top of your queue. So even if the movies at the top of your queue say short wait,long wait etc., they try and send you those movies at the top of your queue and will even skip a shipment.
I know my solution really sucks because that means you would have to be shuffling your available movie titles to the top of your queue all the time.
So since I started putting only available movies at the top of my queue, they have not skipped any shipments. This also sucks because you might not be able to see new releases for a while but sometimes you can grab those Blu-Ray new releases in store.

But I would never recommend Blockbuster Online to anyone, especially now since they got rid of their unlimited in-store trade in. Go with Netflix, more availability and more obscure titles and music titles. They also just dropped another dollar of their plans.

I agree. Netflix rules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 Old 08-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got the email re: new pricing structure (read increase) The worst part is that it seems they are getting rid of the ecoupons which means no free game rentals. Back to netflix
post #93 of 94 Old 08-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

I still haven't received that e-mail, which is odd as I'm a new customer, not a "preferred" customer who's been with them for 6 years or something. It could be construed as bait-and-switch if they try to hit those of us who signed up specifically for the unlimited in-store exchange right after we signed up… maybe they'll wait a couple billing cycles.

Regardless, I was planning to switch to Netflix as soon as my queue of "Available" titles (oh, about 10 of them… out of 80) was exhausted and/or I'd been through all the in-store titles about which I cared (many of which overlap with the available titles in my queue, so I've been avoiding those in store). I'd estimated another month - maybe two - so that should fit in pretty well.

The coupon might be useful if they had more than about 8 games for the PS3 (though they do have at least 4 copies of each, so getting one is fairly easy), and if I cared about more than a couple of them. *shrug* It's not like there aren't games out for the PS3 that I'd like to try, but Blockbuster is woefully deficient in acquiring them.

Oh, and they finally sent me Weeds - Season 2… the second disc… even though the first disc shows up as "Available" in my queue. Thanks a ficking lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 94 Old 08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxi View Post

Just got the email re: new pricing structure (read increase) The worst part is that it seems they are getting rid of the ecoupons which means no free game rentals. Back to netflix

I have been getting conflicting reports from customer service...

everything from nothing changing for me, to now just allowing 3 in store changes (everything else the same), to full blown new plan with no coupon...

no coupon = no BBO for me.

Paul Taatjes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page