Master Anime on Blu Ray Thread - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 75Likes

post #781 of 785 Old 06-25-2019, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2825 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
You can actually buy the anime now as a regular BD/DVD disc... It's been out since April....

Yeah, gonna see if they have it at my local Fry's, maybe this weekend.....

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 785 Old 07-05-2019, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Fairly exciting news today: According to Blu-ray.com and Anime News Network, Akira will be getting a 4K remaster that will be available next year, in both Japan and America. The blurb on Blu-ray.com indicates it will keep the Japanese Dolby TrueHD "Hypersonic Audio" track from the previous Blu-ray editions. Now I have even more of a reason to invest in 4K hardware than I already had.
aaronwt, jskang, audiofan1 and 1 others like this.

post #783 of 785 Old 07-18-2019, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 403
Sad news about Kyoto Animation Studios in Japan

Kyoto Animation, one of Japan’s most popular anime studios, was reportedly set ablaze this morning in Japan, thirty three were confirmed dead. A man in his 40s was allegedly seen pouring a flammable liquid and setting it on fire. He is currently in police custody. One witness said the suspect was screaming “die” as he lit the fire.

Sankei News reports that 38 employees have been taken to the hospital for major and minor injuries. adds that nine people are unconscious. According to Japanese TV news, there are still people trapped in the studio and there are 20 people who are still unaccounted for. Kyoto Animation CEO Hideaki Hatta told reporters that for the past few years, death threats have often been sent to the company. It was reported that the building had only one exit (???) and most of the employees fled to the rooftop where they were trapped.

Kyoto Animation is perhaps best known for anime like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, K-On!, Clannad, Hyouka, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, Violet Evergarden, A Silent Voice, Liz and the Blue Bird and more recently, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid and Free!, among many others.

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...

Last edited by Jon S; 07-18-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 785 Old 07-19-2019, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^^
Yeah, that is some seriously messed up stuff. There are sick people no matter where you go. This would be unusual anywhere really, but especially for Japan. Maybe it is just the ease of modern communication that makes it so, but it sure seems to me that Japan has become increasingly, well, I won't say dangerous - but having more *issues* than I'm used to hearing about...

Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #785 of 785 Old 09-11-2019, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
Just released on video is Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana o Kazarō (Maquia - When the Promised Flower Blooms)...

The anime is about an isolated race of people called Iorphs who live several hundred years. They weave cloths called Hibial which can be read as thier history of their life. A foreign kingdom called Mezarte invades the Iorphs and captures all the women in attempt to inbreed with the Iorphs to extend their lifespan. Maquia escapes and encounters a abandoned human baby and adopts him as her own. The story continues as she tries to raise him even though she never ages. They are forced to move time and again in order to hide her ancestry as the Mezarte are still looking for more female Iorphs. Basically the story is about how she tries to experience motherhood even though she knows it will end in pain for her.

Saw this recently at a con, I was very impressed and moved. There was a lot of sobbing going on in the room, that's for sure. I went ahead and purchased the BD, definitely worthy of collecting if you ask me. Highly recommend this one.
aaronwt likes this.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Trigun Badlands Rumble , Redline Blu Ray Widescreen , Flcl Complete Series Blu Ray , Evangelion 1 11 You Are Not Alone Blu Ray Widescreen , Summer Wars Blu Ray Widescreen , Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Evangelion 2 22 You Can Not Advance Blu Ray Widescreen , Castle In The Sky Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Howls Moving Castle Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo , Ponyo Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page