The New PQ Tier thread for Blu-Ray - Discussion - Page 850 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3863Likes

post #25471 of 26429 Old 02-14-2019, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 2370
Bohemian Rhapsody (1080p)

WOW!!!

My wife and I just watched this and we were both thoroughly impressed with the fantastic PQ/AQ. PQ-wise this one had it all...bold/punchy colors (in spite of some strong color-grading at times...orange hues...to fit the era), mesmerizing details, striking depth, and black levels to-die-for. Oh, and in the few night scenes the shadow details were simply incredible (check out a scene outside of Freddie's home in the rain at the 90 minute mark). AQ-wise, this has to be one of the very best when it comes to rock songs in a movie. There was zero distortion and the precision in every channel of my 9 speakers (and dual subs) was beyond amazing. The last scene, at the LIVE AID SHOW in London, was spectacular!!

Tier Recommendation: Tier 0* (.33)

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...Panasonic DP-UB820...LG UHD UBK90...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25472 of 26429 Old 02-15-2019, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Is anyone aware of any sites (other than this one!) or reviewers that specifically compare the PQ of the 4K vs. 1080p versions of different movies? I'm very intrigued by @djoberg 's ^^ description of Bohemian Rhapsody, and I'm trying to debate whether it'd be worth springing for the 4K version. I'm one of the few remaining holdouts on the Netflix disc service, so I'll be able to watch the 1080p version at no additional cost if I want, but for those eye candy movies I'm willing to spring for that extra PQ.
post #25473 of 26429 Old 02-15-2019, 10:18 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 4820 Post(s)
Liked: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by dla26 View Post
Is anyone aware of any sites (other than this one!) or reviewers that specifically compare the PQ of the 4K vs. 1080p versions of different movies? I'm very intrigued by @djoberg 's ^^ description of Bohemian Rhapsody, and I'm trying to debate whether it'd be worth springing for the 4K version. I'm one of the few remaining holdouts on the Netflix disc service, so I'll be able to watch the 1080p version at no additional cost if I want, but for those eye candy movies I'm willing to spring for that extra PQ.
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/reviews.html

-Bill
dla26 likes this.

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25474 of 26429 Old 02-15-2019, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Thief (Criterion)

recommendation:
Tier 1.75*

Black levels are excellent in all the night shots. Shadow detail and the many reflections off the perpetually wet pavement show up great. Details are nice and even except for a few shots that look limited by the source material. Colors and flesh tones are also good.
Phantom Stranger likes this.

LG OLED55C7P -- OPPO UDP-203 -- Denon 1613 -- BIC America F12 Sub -- SVS Prime LCR

I find your lack of schadenfreude disturbing.
post #25475 of 26429 Old 02-15-2019, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
doblu.com
dla26 and Phantom Stranger like this.
post #25476 of 26429 Old 02-15-2019, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here's another one for you:

https://www.avsforum.com/bohemian-rh...lu-ray-review/
dla26 likes this.

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...Panasonic DP-UB820...LG UHD UBK90...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
post #25477 of 26429 Old 02-15-2019, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Road House 2

recommendation: Tier 2.5*

Ha, I bet many of you weren't even aware they made a Road House sequel back in 2006 without Patrick Swayze. MVD has now put it out as part of their Marquee Collection line, though it's a stretch justifying this b-movie's Blu-ray unless you are a Road House fanatic.

The movie is licensed from MGM. Interestingly enough, it appears that MVD uses the older 2006 HD transfer struck by Sony from when they distributed the movie's original DVD. What we get is a so-so film transfer from the 2000s with some ringing. The film elements are in excellent condition, so at least that is not a problem. Detail is on the soft side, albeit with generally strong clarity. Road House 2's cinematography doesn't really pop except in a few exterior scenes in the bayou, leading to underwhelming definition.

The AVC encode does a satisfactory job of handling the mild granularity of the film. While a new film scan would likely improve this movie's picture quality on Blu-ray, this is generally a serviceable catalog presentation. Shadow delineation could be better. Interiors have a hint of crushing.
AmerCa likes this.

Blu-ray Picture Quality Tiers (updated through July 13, 2017)
post #25478 of 26429 Old 02-16-2019, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
https://forum.blu-ray.com
dla26 likes this.

EQUIPMENT:LG OLED77C8PUA (ISF calibrated by Jeff Meier)-OPPO BDP-203 blu-ray player-OPPO DV-983H dvd player-Pioneer CLD-99 laser disc player-Marantz 7703 Preamplifier-200x3 Acurus amplifier-150x2 Acurus amplifier-Emotiva UPA-2 amplifier-Outlaw Model 5000 amplifier-2 Mythos 4-1 Mythos 8-2 Mythos BPX-2 NHT Super Zeros-4 SVS Prime Elevation speakers-Hsu VTF-2 MK3 subwoofer-Elite-Xbox One S-Roku Ultra streaming player
post #25479 of 26429 Old 02-18-2019, 11:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Overlord II: Season Two

recommendation: Tier 2.25*

Overlord II was recently released by Funimation back in January. The 2015 anime doesn't offer the most vibrant or lively color palette. Its serviceable animation feels a little cheap at times and only noticeably improves during a few battle scenes. This has no connection to the recent theatrical movie named Overlord.

Funimation doesn't have a great reputation as a Blu-ray label when it comes to pure video quality, as Japanese releases of the same anime are often superior. This is an adequate 1.78:1 presentation with minimal banding, spreading the series over two discs. I'm placing it lower than I normally would for recent anime but the picture quality has rather average qualities for the genre. Colors don't pop off the screen and black levels are somewhat muddled.
AmerCa likes this.

post #25480 of 26429 Old 02-21-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've been extremely busy lately and in minutes we are leaving for the Twin Cities (in Minnesota) until Monday, but once I get back I hope to abandon my "Blu-ray Fast" and rent (or buy) a few recent movies. I should be posting some reviews Monday thru Thursday.

I just have to say that I'm really encouraged by the "new-comers" (in the last year or so) that have become, for the most part, regular contributors. For too long Phantom and I were the major contributors (even though we longed for and solicited newcomers). Thanks to all who have joined us and "keep those reviews coming!"
dla26, Phantom Stranger and AmerCa like this.

post #25481 of 26429 Old 02-24-2019, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Purgatory Road

recommendation: Tier 2.0*

A terrible movie any way you slice it, but the video quality has that clean digital touch unhampered by its low-budget origins. Released a couple weeks back by Unearthed Films, the horror movie has startingly crisp detail and strong definition. It would have easily qualified for Tier One a few years ago with its superior resolution. The drab color palette and cold flesh-tones limit a better score.

On another matter entirely, I look forward to reviewing Here Comes Peter Cottontail for the thread. Its Blu-ray release came out unannounced and has shown up at Walmart in recent days. The Rankin-Bass Easter special has been MIA on Blu-ray all these years.
djoberg and AmerCa like this.

post #25482 of 26429 Old 02-25-2019, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Overlord (1080p)

Okay, I got home somewhat late today due to a severe blizzard in Minnesota yesterday (ALL roads from Minneapolis to the Iowa border were CLOSED). I went to Redbox online and after perusing the recent releases I was intrigued by the reviews on this title, so I reserved it. They said it was a Nazi war film like no other and they weren't kidding!! I'll say no more lest I find myself guilty of issuing "spoilers."

PQ-wise, it was a gem! Most every scene took place at night and for the most part blacks were fantastic, as were shadow details. They was some NOISE at times and blacks did become a bit murky, but 90% of the time there was striking clarity with amazing details. It was in early scenes that I noticed flaws and inconsistencies...as the movie progressed the PQ got better and better! Contrast was generally strong, flesh tones were accurate, and depth was pleasing (at times).

AQ-wise, the Dolby Atmos mix ROCKED. Fact is, it rocked TOO MUCH at times, for the bass was so heavy it ended up compromising the dialogue and even some of the action in the surrounds. The first scene (where paratroopers in a plane were forced to jump early due to heavy bombing) was crazy good; I just sat there with a smile on my face as waves of energy rolled over my home theater recliner!

Tier Recommendation: 1.0*

PS I could see some placing this in Tier 0 but I felt the negatives listed above were enough to lower it to Tier 1.

post #25483 of 26429 Old 02-25-2019, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 2059
^=°=^°^
Excellent, Djoberg. Now you've watched all three early contenders for bass/audio mix of the year (Hunter Killer, The Cloverfield Paradox, and Overlord). People have raved about these three films left and right about the audio.

Be on the lookout for Aquaman and Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse which are shaping to feature more fantastic audio. And Aquaman I'm betting to be the 4k HDR film of the year, and quite possibly to set the standard. It's being an exciting early start for HT enthusiasts

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk
djoberg and Phantom Stranger like this.

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
post #25484 of 26429 Old 02-26-2019, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Equalizer 2 (1080p)

Yet another "Reference Quality" Blu!!!

This is a STUNNER! Whether we're talking CLARITY, or DETAILS, or DEPTH, or FLESH TONES, or COLORS, or BLACK LEVELS, this release "delivers in spades." Except for a very few fleeting shots that weren't quite as crisp, this one had me riveted to the screen. Outdoor, daytime scenes were especially a visual feast, but indoor shots and night time scenes were still "reference quality."

The 1080p version comes with a DTS HD mix (which is up-mixed courtesy of my Denon AVR) and it was also "Reference Quality." The precision in every channel was "audio nirvana," including some SUPER SONIC explosions that tested my dual subs to their limit. Thankfully they "passed the test" and I was grinning from ear to ear. If this were an audio thread I'd place it in the Top 20!!

Tier Recommendation: Tier 0* (.5)

PS Ralph Potts, in his review, said the 4K version takes this up a notch. I may just have to buy this once the price goes down (though I wasn't all that crazy about the movie...it was "good" but "not great").
AmerCa and SteveC356 like this.

post #25485 of 26429 Old 02-26-2019, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Girl in the Spider's Web (1080p)

We have ANOTHER WINNER! I've said this before and I'll say it again, "We are becoming very spoiled these days with an endless turnout of either "Reference" or "Demo" material. This one is, without a doubt, "Reference Material."

DETAILS are astounding and the main highlight, though DEPTH and BLACK LEVELS aren't far behind. Regarding details, you can see every nuance in clothing, buildings, roads, cars, trees, etc., etc. I was especially impressed with the details in Claire Foy's face (texture galore, including freckles) and skin (tattoos). COLORS were muted but when primaries rose to the occasion (Two Examples: Claire's BLUE EYES and in her sister's RED DRESS) they did NOT disappoint. CLARITY was striking with the rare exception of a few quick soft shots (in poorly-lit interiors).

The DTS HD mix (upmixed to Neural:X) was VERY GOOD! I can't say it was as precise as in Equalizer 2 or as bass/LFE heavy as in Overlord, but it was still an exceptional "demo mix" you would be proud to show off to your friends. (Check out, in the last scene, a high-powered sniper rifle where each shot blasted its way through brick walls and left your ears yearning for more!)

Tier 0* (.66)
Ralph Potts, AmerCa and SteveC356 like this.

post #25486 of 26429 Old 02-27-2019, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Widows (1080p)

I was somewhat reluctant to rent this (due to a very slow-paced first half...as reported by reviewers on Amazon) but after reading reviews by well-known and respected reviewers who said "your patience will be rewarded," I decided to "go for it." I was rewarded! The acting was very good, the character development was welcomed, and the last act was more than expected and filled with "poetic justice." This movie is most definitely a commentary on modern-day Chicago (its politics, its racial tension, its crime rate, etc.).

PQ-wise, this was...yet another....WINNER! This was much like Overlord in that the PQ got better and better with each scene. It featured exemplary details and texture, along with amazing contrast and black levels. This has the "look of film," yet there were no instances of "noise." Colors were rich and vibrant when they appeared, though these were "few and far between." Flesh tones were spot on....depth was appreciable in many scenes....and clarity was superb throughout.

PS This is another release that may find its way into Tier 0 (though I think it will be towards the bottom).
AmerCa likes this.

post #25487 of 26429 Old 02-27-2019, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Up next: The Nun. It's been way too long since I watched something from the Horror genre!

post #25488 of 26429 Old 02-27-2019, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Nun (1080p)

I've always been a fan of The Conjuring Franchise so I had to give this "prequel" a look. The movie wasn't as impressive as the "sequels" but the PQ was just as impressive, if not more. Clarity was off-the-charts...details were exemplary...flesh tone were as natural as one could desire...and contrast and depth were to-die-for. The only "negative" was in some less-than-stellar black levels in the last two acts, where they became a bit murky resulting in compromised details and depth.

The Dolby Atmos mix was spectacular! Action in the surrounds was fantastic; dialogue was intelligible throughout; overhead effects were spot-on; and bass/LFE was amazing!

Tier Recommendation: Tier 0* (.75)
Phantom Stranger and AmerCa like this.

post #25489 of 26429 Old 02-27-2019, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Deadpool 2 [Theatrical + Extended] (2018 - Fox)

Tier Recommendation: 1.5*

"Par for the course" video presentation, and not much to add. A handful of fantastic good looking scenes/shots, but for the most part this is merely a satisfying presentation. The overabundance of soft CGI hurt the PQ, and extended version suffers the most for it. Both cuts do the job, but videophiles won't be particularly pleased. I have yet to see a David Leitch film that is reference quality, as neither John Wick or Atomic Blonde were.

The DTS-MA 7.1 track delivers, but somehow I expected something more punchier and refined. It's pretty good, but I've heard better tracks in the last few months, I expected a little bit more, but that's just me nitpicking.

This movie has the particularity that both cuts are different enough to watch either of them for different reasons. Unlike most extended cuts that only add or shift some scenes, here both feature different, additional or extended scenes, as well as different jokes and music, and even starting and ending post credits scenes. The movie is still 90% the same, but such differences justify actually having (and watching) both cuts.

I actually liked this movie a lot more than the first film, but some fans weren't keen on it. This one comes recommended, if you know what you're getting into...probably this isn't for you, Djoberg.

Phantom Stranger likes this.

Vizio 43" D Series 2017 || Onkyo TX383 7.2ch || Fronts: Sony SS-CS5 || Center: Pioneer SP-C22 || Sub: Polk HTS 12 || Surrounds: Micca MB42
post #25490 of 26429 Old 02-28-2019, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Halloween (2018...1080p)

I've never been a real fan of the Halloween Franchise (I normally despise "slasher movies"), but I was somewhat drawn to renting this after reading a number of reviews. It still had the "gratuitous violence" (which I could turn away from ), but it also had a decent cast with good performances along with a new "psychiatrist" that was enamored with Michael (to a degree you have to see to believe).

The PQ was EXCELLENT in all daytime scenes (especially outdoors and even in indoor settings with good lighting). There was striking clarity, very good details, warm colors, accurate flesh tones, strong contrast and substantial depth. Night time scenes were another matter, for it lacked deep blacks and thus it came across as soft and lacking details/depth in many shots. I suppose this was the director's intent, but for purposes of this thread it must be penalized. Thankfully it was void of other anomalies such as noise or banding.

It has a DTS:X mix that was rather "tame" except for those "moments" where you would expect the walls to rattle (and they did! ). Dialogue was clear, but there was very little action in the surrounds and height channels.

PS My Blu-ray Feast has officially come to an end as of tonight! I must confess that I am quite satiated. It seems these days it's either "feast or famine" for me.

post #25491 of 26429 Old 03-01-2019, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1704 Post(s)
Liked: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
Bohemian Rhapsody (1080p)

WOW!!!

My wife and I just watched this and we were both thoroughly impressed with the fantastic PQ/AQ. PQ-wise this one had it all...bold/punchy colors (in spite of some strong color-grading at times...orange hues...to fit the era), mesmerizing details, striking depth, and black levels to-die-for. Oh, and in the few night scenes the shadow details were simply incredible (check out a scene outside of Freddie's home in the rain at the 90 minute mark). AQ-wise, this has to be one of the very best when it comes to rock songs in a movie. There was zero distortion and the precision in every channel of my 9 speakers (and dual subs) was beyond amazing. The last scene, at the LIVE AID SHOW in London, was spectacular!!

Tier Recommendation: Tier 0* (.33)
After having watched this multiple times, I have to concur with everything you wrote. WOW!!! Is about all that needs to be stated. A MUST BUY on disc.
djoberg likes this.

Sony XBR75X940C & XBR65A1E Samsung UBD K8500
My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps(Video), My Recommended Daytime Settings Apps, My non-HDR and HDR Settings, Setting HDMI to show no overscan
Sony XBR75X940C, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, DirecTV RVU and C61K, Chromecast Ultra
post #25492 of 26429 Old 03-01-2019, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I had said my "Blu-ray Feast" was officially ending, but I just learned I have two small grandchildren coming for the weekend so I have rented Ralph Breaks the Internet and purchased A Dog's Purpose. We will be watching the first one for sure, but the second one may be too mature for them. I'll weigh in with a review either tonight or tomorrow. From what I've read about RBtI it should be a Top Ten contender in Tier Blu!

post #25493 of 26429 Old 03-01-2019, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liz and the Blue Bird

recommendation: Tier 1.5*

The latest anime movie from the creators of A Silent Voice!, this is a very fine Blu-ray release from Shout Factory that comes out next week. It's devoid of compression issues and has some stunning animated moments, especially when the fairy tale narrative within the wider school narrative plays. A sly homage to Snow White is included.

The transfer is free of problems that sometimes plague anime imported over to the States from Japan. Black levels are crisp and the nearly pastel art colors have finely rendered saturation. The animation isn't quite as fluid as more lavishly drawn productions but makes its own visual impact.

The 1080P video is shown at its native 1.78:1 aspect ratio.
djoberg and AmerCa like this.

post #25494 of 26429 Old 03-01-2019, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ralph Breaks the Internet (1080p)

First of all, I LOVE the movie! I even learned a few things about the internet.

I just went to the Rankings Thread to see where the first installment was sitting at currently, but the thread wouldn't load. I counted as many as I could before it I reached the end of where it wouldn't load. I counted 78 titles and Wreck It Ralph was not listed. Soooo, I can safely say this new release is most definitely light years ahead of that one. I can't say it belongs in the Top Ten, but I'm sure it's good enough to be in the Top 20.

It started out kind of SOFT, but after the first two scenes CLARITY reigned supreme and DETAILS and TEXTURE came to life. And my, what dazzling COLORS there were in the Internet!! BLACK LEVELS, though limited, were also excellent, as were SHADOW DETAILS.

Tier Recommendation: Tier 0* (somewhere in the Top 20)

PS I was underwhelmed by the audio mix, for like most (or all) Disney releases you have to crank it up to near reference to actually enjoy it. Even then, the explosions didn't produce the wall-shaking bass/LFE that one hopes for.

Last edited by djoberg; 03-02-2019 at 10:39 AM.
post #25495 of 26429 Old 03-01-2019, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tier 0 - Blu

Planet Earth II UHD Video: HEVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 5.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | BBC
The Secret Life of Pets Video: AVC | Audio: 7.1 Dolby TrueHD | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
The Angry Birds Movie Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Moana Video: | Audio: | AR: | Disney
The Good Dinosaur Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.39:1 | Disney
Rio 2 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Fox
Kung Fu Panda 3 Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Trolls Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Ice Age: Collision Course Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
Monsters University Video: AVC | Audio: 7.1 Dolby TrueHD | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
The Smurfs 2 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Sony
Toy Story 3 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
Sing Video: | Audio: | AR: | Universal
Big Hero 6 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | DreamWorks
Zootopia Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Storks Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Inside Out Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Finding Dory Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
The Croods Video: AVC | Audio: 7.1 DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | DreamWorks
Legend Of The Guardians: Owls Of Ga'Hoole Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Warner
A Christmas Carol (2009) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Turbo Video: AVC | Audio: 7.1 DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | DreamWorks
Black Sails: The Complete First Season Video: AVC | Audio: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Starz / Anchor Bay
A Bug's Life Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Disney
Avatar Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Fox
Life Of Pi Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
The Adventures Of Tintin Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.35:1 | Paramount
Avatar (Extended Collector's Edition) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Fox
The Incredibles Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Cars 2 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Up Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Coraline Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
Home Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.85:1 | DreamWorks
Despicable Me 2 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
Tomorrowland Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.20:1 | Disney
Finding Nemo Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Astro Boy Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.39:1 | Summit Entertainment
Birdman Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
Kung Fu Panda 2 Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 2.35:1 | DreamWorks
Kung Fu Panda Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.35:1 | DreamWorks
Frozen Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.35:1 | Disney
Get On Up Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
Ratatouille Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Ice Age: Continental Drift Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Fox
Rio Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Fox
Planes Video: AVC | Audio: 7.1 DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Cars Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Tangled Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney | 2-D Version
Ninja II: Shadow of a Tear Video: AVC | Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Millennium Media
Tai Chi Zero Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Well Go USA
Monsters, Inc. Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
Toy Story 2 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Toy Story of Terror! Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Rise of the Guardians Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | DreamWorks
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi Video: AVC | Audio: Dolby Atmos | AR: 2.40:1 | Paramount
Rango Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Paramount
Hugo Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Paramount
Allegiant Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Master, The (2012) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Weinstein
The Thin Red Line Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Criterion
Tinker Bell And The Great Fairy Rescue Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax (2012) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
Despicable Me Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
Hello, Dolly! Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.20:1 | Fox
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 2.35:1 | Disney
Rescue 3D Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Image Entertainment | IMAX
A Serious Man Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
Escape From Planet Earth Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Starz / Anchor Bay
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Redline (2009) Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 1.78:1 | Starz / Anchor Bay
Chicken Little Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Samsara Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | MPI
Boss: Season One Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Lionsgate
Fantastic Mr. Fox Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Criterion
Fantastic Mr. Fox Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
Puss In Boots Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 2.35:1 | DreamWorks
The Wild Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
Man on Fire Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Fox
Bee Movie Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 1.85:1 | Dreamworks
Penguins of Madagascar Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | DreamWorks
Open Season Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 1.85:1 | Sony
Tinker Bell Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Tinker Bell And The Lost Treasure Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78 | Disney
Arabia 3D (IMAX) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Image Entertainment
Peanuts Movie, The Video: | Audio: | AR: |
I, Robot Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Fox
Lone Survivor Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Universal
Monsters Vs. Aliens Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.39:1 | DreamWorks
Paddington Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Starz / Anchor Bay
The Art Of Flight Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Red Bull Media House
The Host Video: VC-1 | Audio: PCM | AR: 1.85:1 | Magnolia
LEGO Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom! Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Warner
Live Free or Die Hard Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Fox
Tell No One Video: VC-1 | Audio: PCM 2.0 | AR: 2.35:1 | MPI Media
Epic Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Fox
Exodus: Gods and Kings Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Fox
Sin City Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
Wreck-It Ralph Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Company Men, The Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Starz / Anchor Bay
Mary And Max Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | MPI Media
Meet the Robinsons Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
The Three Musketeers (2011) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Summit Entertainment
How to Train Your Dragon 2 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.35:1 | Fox
The Martian Video: AVC | Audio: | AR: |
Allied Video: | Audio: | AR: |
LEGO Batman: The Movie Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Warner
Youth Without Youth Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.35:1 | Sony
Secret World Of Arrietty, The Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
Hot Fuzz Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Universal
Criminal Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Shrek Forever After Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 2.35:1 | DreamWorks
Florence Foster Jenkins Video: | Audio: | AR: |
The International Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.40:1 | Sony
The Tale of Despereaux Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Universal
TMNT Video: VC-1 | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
Becoming Jane Video: VC-1 | Audio: PCM | AR: 2.35:1 | Disney
Pina (French Import) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | France Télévisions Dis. | Region B only?
Planet 51 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Sony
Red Cliff: The Special Edition (UK Import) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Entertainment In Video | Parts I & II
Bait Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Starz / Anchor Bay
Skyfall Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Fox
Alice In Wonderland (1951) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.33:1 | Disney
Book of Life, The Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Fox
Watchmen: Director's Cut (UK Import) Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.40:1 | Paramount
Grand Canyon Adventure: River At Risk (IMAX 3-D Edition) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Image Entertainment
Jurassic World Video: AVC | Audio: | AR: | Universal
Transporter 2 (Japan Import) Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.35:1 | Sony
The Help Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
Corpse Bride Video: VC-1 | Audio: DD | AR: 1.85:1 | Warner
Revenant, The Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Winnie The Pooh Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Wall-E Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Bolt Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Disney
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Sony
Hobbit, The: The Battle of the Five Armies Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
Hotel Transylvania Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Sony
In Time Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Fox
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
The Ultimate Wave: Tahiti (IMAX) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Image Entertainment
The Wind Rises Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA Mono | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
Brave Video: AVC | Audio: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Grand Canyon Adventure: River At Risk (IMAX) Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Image Entertainment
King Kong (2005) Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Universal
Noah Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.85:1 | Paramount
Planes: Fire and Rescue Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Wolf Creek 2 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Image Entertainment
Transporter 3 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Lionsgate
Agora (French Import) Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.35:1 | Warner | locked to Region B
Born To Be Wild (IMAX) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Warner
Dragon Hunters Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Phase 4 Films
Gnomeo & Juliet Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
Happy Feet Video: VC-1 | Audio: DD EX | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
Toy Story Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA ES | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Baraka Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.20:1 | MPI Media
A Woman, A Gun and A Noodle Shop Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Sony
Lonely Hearts (Japan Import) Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.35:1 | Sony
Tokyo Motor Show Video: MPEG-2 | Audio: DD 2.0 | AR: 1.78:1 | Topics Entertainment | 1080i
How To Train Your Dragon Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.35:1 | DreamWorks
Real Steel Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.35:1 | Disney
Wallace & Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death (UK Import) Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 1.78:1 | 2 Entertain | 1080i / 50Hz
9 Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
Domino (UK Import) Video: VC-1 | Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner | better PQ than domestic BD
Horton Hears A Who! Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
Mars Needs Moms Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Sleeping Beauty Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.55:1 | Disney
Transformers: Age of Extinction Video: AVC | Audio: Dolby Atmos | AR: 2.40:1 | Paramount
Braveheart Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.35:1 | Paramount
The LEGO Movie Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
Arthur Christmas Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Sony
Crank 2: High Voltage Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.85:1 | Lionsgate
Lawrence of Arabia (4K Japanese Import) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.20:1 | Sony | better than domestic BD
Lion King, The Video: avc | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Sword Of The Stranger Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 1.78:1 | Bandai
Everest Video: | Audio: | AR: |
The Ides Of March Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Sony
Fighting Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
Short Peace: Complete Collection Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Sentai Filmworks
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Warner | animated movie
Hobbit, The: An Unexpected Journey Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie - Rebellion Video: AVC | Audio: | AR: 1.78:1 | Aniplex of America
The Smurfs Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Sony
Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
Watchmen: Theatrical Version (UK Import) Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.39:1 | Paramount
Gamer Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.85:1 | Lionsgate
I Spit On Your Grave (2010) Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.35:1 | Starz / Anchor Bay
The Shallows Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Risen UHD Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Tale of Tales Video: | Audio: | AR: | Shout Factory
Lawrence of Arabia Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2:19:1 | Sony
Lucy Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Universal
Sabotage Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
The Nut Job Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Universal
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl Video: AVC | Audio: PCM | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate Video: AVC | Audio: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Funimation
Red Cliff: Part I Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Magnolia
Red Cliff: Part II Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Magnolia
Patton (remaster) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2:19:1 | Fox | 2012 version with new transfer
My Fair Lady (50th Anniversary Edition) Video: | Audio: | AR: | remastered
Immortals Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
Sex Drive Video: AVC | Audio: DD 5.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Summit Entertainment
Domino Video: VC-1 | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
Hop Video: VC-1 | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Universal
Rushmore Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Criterion
The Hateful Eight Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.75:1 | Starz / Anchor Bay
Spartacus: Blood And Sand - Season 1 Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD | AR: 1.78:1 | Starz / Anchor Bay
Beauty And The Beast Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney
The Huntsman: Winter's War Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (IMAX) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: mixed | Paramount
Tree Of Life, The Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
LEGO Justice League Vs. Bizarro League Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Warner
Gravity Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
Transformers: Dark of the Moon Video: AVC | Audio: TrueHD 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Paramount
Need for Speed Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
Hobbit, The: An Unexpected Journey (Extended Edition) Video: AVC | Audio: 7.1 DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
The Impossible Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.35:1 | Summit Entertainment
After Earth Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Sony
Great Gatsby, The (2013) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Warner
Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies Extended Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Host, The (2013) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Universal
Stand Up Guys Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Lionsgate
The Quiet Man Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA mono | AR: 1.37:1 | Olive Films
Frankenweenie Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 1.85:1 | Disney
John Wick: Chapter 2 (UHD) Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Maleficent Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Disney
Ant-Man Video: | Audio: | AR: | Disney
Ender's Game Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Summit
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Warner
House of Cards: Season One Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.00:1 | Sony
The Sessions Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
The Jungle Book (2016) Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Mechanic, The: Resurrection Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Begin Again Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Starz/Anchor Bay
The Agony and the Ecstasy Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.20:1 | Fox
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Wolverine 3-D, The: Unleashed Extended Edition Video: AVC | Audio: 7.1 DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Fox
Archer: The Complete Season Four Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Fox
Need for Speed (UK) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Entertainment One | UK Region B release
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) Video: AVC | Audio: Dolby Atmos | AR: | Paramount
Age of Adaline, The Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Furious 7 Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: | Universal
Seventh Son Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Chappie Video: | Audio: | AR: | Sony
Picnic At Hanging Rock (2018) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Acorn Media
Kubo and the Two Strings Video: | Audio: | AR: | Universal
Still Mine Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Disney | double feature
The Wolf of Wall Street Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Paramount
Magnificent Seven, The (2016)Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Get Hard Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Admiral, The: Roaring Currents Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | CJ Entertainment
House of Cards: Season Two Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.00:1 | Sony
Theory of Everything, The Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Universal
Mad Max: Fury Road Video: AVC | Audio: | AR: | Warner
Poltergeist (2015) Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: | Fox
Amazing Spider-Man 2, The Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Sony
Marco Polo: The Complete First Season Video: | Audio: | AR: | Starz
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Video: AVC | Audio: | AR: | Disney
Hacksaw Ridge Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Interstellar Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: Various | Paramount
AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie Video: AVC | Audio: | AR: 1.78:1 | ANIPLEX OF AMERICA
Man of Tai Chi Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Starz/Anchor Bay
Equalizer, The Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 7.1 | AR: 2.40:1 | Sony
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part 1: Beginnings Video: AVC | Audio: | AR: | Aniplex
Young Justice Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA 2.0 | AR: 1.78:1 | Warner Archive
Pawn Shop Chronicles Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.78:1 | Starz/Anchor Bay
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World Video: | Audio: | AR: | Criterion
X-Men: Apocalypse Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 1.85:1 | Fox
Great Wall, The Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The Video: | Audio: | AR: |
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Video: | Audio: | AR: |
The Island Video: AVC | Audio: DTS-HD MA | AR: 2.40:1 | Paramount
dla26, artur9, AmerCa and 1 others like this.

post #25496 of 26429 Old 03-01-2019, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've posted Tier 0 here for those who say it's getting difficult to load the entire PQ Tiers. I have noticed things load a wee bit easier when adblocking is employed, ymmv. I realize loading it on most phones is getting tougher.

Wreck-it Ralph appears about one-third of the way down from the very top.
djoberg likes this.

post #25497 of 26429 Old 03-01-2019, 09:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks for posting the Rankings Thread list for Tier 0 titles Phantom!

post #25498 of 26429 Old 03-02-2019, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Hunger Games, The: Mockingjay - Part 1 (UHD)

recommendation:
Tier 0* (0.9)

Sharp details throughout and black levels/shadow details are excellent.

LG OLED55C7P -- OPPO UDP-203 -- Denon 1613 -- BIC America F12 Sub -- SVS Prime LCR

I find your lack of schadenfreude disturbing.
post #25499 of 26429 Old 03-03-2019, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

A Dog's Purpose (1080p)

A very "squeaky clean" release with glossy clarity that features plenty of details, depth, and natural colors/flesh tones. Black levels were also very pleasing.

The audio was nothing to brag about....so I won't!

The movie had some thematic elements that were a bit too heavy for my 6 and 3 year old granddaughters, so I ended up Fast-Forwarding 3 (relatively short) scenes. I found it quite charming in most instances, but it was also somewhat "disjointed."

AmerCa likes this.

Last edited by djoberg; 03-03-2019 at 04:49 PM.
post #25500 of 26429 Old 03-03-2019, 10:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018 - Universal)

Tier Recommendation: 1.5

Snell (1.0): https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...php?p=56744308

I agree on a lot of things with Snell, especially on the fact that a newer release should look superior to an older release. There's been lots of talk about how this movie sucks, but the real disappointment doesn't comes from the story or acting, but from the technical specs. The movie has its moments, sure, but in my eyes it's just looks fine. There are parts in which it looks superior to the original, and there are as many parts in which it doesn't. The CGI is decidedly inferior to the first one, but also most of it it's shown on daylight, so it's more difficult for it to look pristine and super detailed, BUT...it's pretty damn good.

Now, the audio... Hmmm. It's solid, yet disappointing, if that makes sense. Bass is inconsistent and very often lacks weight. The lack of bass extension doesn't necessarily has to be a bad thing, but the inconsistency of it and the harshness of the mix makes it a very tiring experience. I listened at -12 and next time I'll probably stay at -15 or less, and bump the sub trim levels. It's not a bad mix, it's simply not stellar, and then on screen action deserved so.

As for the movie itself, I liked it more than expected, and had a lot of fun watching it. I liked the main characters, and the action and visuals were so good that I could forgive the A/V shortcomings. Not a demo disc, but it's good for an afternoon of mindless fun.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , High Definition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page