Weeds season 2 problems on Samsung BD P1200 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 07-25-2007, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I am using a Samsung BD P1200 and my copy of Weeds season 2 wont start the second time around. I did watch 2 episodes, but when I tried it the day after I cant get the disc to start.

The screen goes black and the display says "play" and then 0000 comes up but never starts counting. The screen just stays black and I have to open the tray for the Samsung to go back. Other discs from Sony, Disney, Fox and even Weeds season 1 from Lionsgate work, and Weeds 2 works flawlessly on my PS3 (a region B player!).

The same goes for disc 2 - wont start, but works on the PS3. I think I've seen something in the forum about problems with Crank from Lionsgate before the fw upgrade.

The disc is prestine and I haven't been messing around with the P1200 either. It has the latest fw upgrade.

Are any one else experiencing problems on Weeds season 2 on the P1200 (or other BD player)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I had the same exact problem now. I finally got around to watching some of season 2 and the next day I tried to watch some more and I get the same exact issue you're describing. I did not try disc 2 but I am sure I will get the same thing.

Any fixes for this?

Thanks Richard

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I have contacted Samsung and they said they issued a fw. I tried to download, but it turned out they were refering to the so far only fw they have released 2007-05-19 BUT it also says 'build date 2007-07-24' which could mean the update has been updated itself. Now, the problem is that when trying to download the upgrade through the P1200s ethernet connection, it won't recognize it as a new firmware or new build. It says I already have installed it and there's no need to upgrade. I downloaded the fw and burnt it onto a CD, and upgraded the P1200 that way and the player accepted the upgrade.

When I tried the Weeds disc it worked - BUT, when I tried the second disc it didn't work. I then went back and tried the first disc again and it did NOT work anymore at all!! So, all the fw did was to restore the problem to square one.

The menus on both seasons of Weeds are really slow and jerky too, much smoother and faster on the PS3 for some reason.

I contacted Samsung again and got a pretty fast reply saying it might be wrong with my player, but they were not sure. Somehow I doubt it since everything else works and several other users experience exactly the same problem on this title.

Please contact Samsung as well and make them aware of this problem too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks,
I sent off an e-mail to them. I guess I know what there reply will now be.

Thanks Richard

post #5 of 11 Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM

I have the exact same problem here. I watched disc one, then tried to put it back in for my wife to watch. Pulled my hair out for half an hour trying to get it to play. At least I rented it from Netflix, and didn't buy it. Guess I'll have to make sure to get disc 2 on DVD...
post #6 of 11 Old 09-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

Hmmm, I just played Season 2 a few days ago on my PS3. No problems.
post #7 of 11 Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhtom View Post

Hmmm, I just played Season 2 a few days ago on my PS3. No problems.

READ.

the headline of the post says Samsung BD-P!200, not PS3.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowryan View Post

READ.

the headline of the post says Samsung BD-P!200, not PS3.

Hey, perhaps it could be the disc!?!? Why would it specifically be Weeds 2!?!? You know, there is more than one variable in this equation.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hey, perhaps it could be the disc!?!? Why would it specifically be Weeds 2!?!? You know, there is more than one variable in this equation.

I suppose there is a chance there is something wrong with the discs but my first viewing of the disc was flawless. Tried to play it again and it was a no go. I have not really seen anyone with any different player reporting a problem with this disc either so I am thinking it's something with the BD-P1200 rather than the disc.

Samsung finally got back to me with a response to call them. I just wish they would release another firmware for this player already.

Thanks Richard

post #10 of 11 Old 09-11-2007, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

As you can read in the initial post Weeds season 2 wont play a second time on the Samsung BD P1200. It plays very well on the PS3. So obviously, there is something wrong with this title on that player.
post #11 of 11 Old 09-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valmont74 View Post

As you can read in the initial post Weeds season 2 wont play a second time on the Samsung BD P1200. It plays very well on the PS3. So obviously, there is something wrong with this title on that player.

Then why ask this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valmont74 View Post

Are any one else experiencing problems on Weeds season 2 on the P1200 (or other BD player)?

Since you asked about OTHER BD PLAYERS, I just wanted to add I had no problems on my PS3. For people complaining about reading comprehension, there sure is a lack from said people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page