Netflix BD disc rental discussion thread - Page 325 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 133Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9721 of 9750 Old 06-13-2019, 07:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post
Got my discs today. Still Columbus (I live in Indy). Services was one-day when they had the Indianapolis center open. Went to three days when it switched to Columbus, then back down to two days after they optimized things. Now it's three days again.


I've dropped to one-out, effective when my monthly billing occurs. I'm at 5/month with 3D BluRayRentals.
Thanks for sharing your turnaround time. I live in Chicago and used to get next day delivery when getting shipment from the Carol Stream, IL. The three day delivery from Columbus, Ohio will make me rethink about my 2 disc plan.

I can stomach getting throttled, but if the distribution center next to Chicago is closed, I maybe better off getting my bluray rentals elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I dropped the disc service several months ago .. the turnaround just was not what it used to be .. Redbox and the local Family Video suit my current needs .. the nice thing about Family Video is when you rent a new Movie on certain days of the week, you get a free older stock title .. and, if they don't have something I want to watch, they can get it pretty fast ..

Good, worthwhile new releases have been fairly thin these days, anyway .. I'm not missing the disc service ..
I restarted my Netflix disc plan last November, and the turnaround was pretty quick except for the Christmas/New Year time. Then again, I get next delivery from the distribution center right next to Chicago. For now, I'm hoping that I'm just getting throttled. Three day delivery is hard to accept, and it might just make using Redbox more cost effective.

I wish there's a Family Video closer to me. I would have never thought that on 2019, I'm wishing that Blockbuster or Hollywood Video are around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post
And they are getting DVD only for lots of TV series like Killing Eve. Yuk
Netflix isn't even buying the Star Trek Discovery blu rays..
cardcrusher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9722 of 9750 Old 06-14-2019, 04:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Marc_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis Metro Area
Posts: 1,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardcrusher View Post
...


Netflix isn't even buying the Star Trek Discovery blu rays..

Yes, this is the biggest problem with the service for me. I can take slow service, but the fact that many series are not carried in DVD makes it unusable. Killing Eve season 2 is about to come out, and no BluRay. Discovery. No BluRay. I think even recent Doctor Who seasons (at least 11) are DVD only.


They seem to be actively killing the service for BluRay folks. It's hard to understand how anybody could watch a DVD today now that decent HD TVs have been ubiquitous for a decade. Ugghhh.

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Marc_G is offline  
post #9723 of 9750 Old 06-14-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,333
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked: 3818
Well, although BD is beginning to reach a 50/50 point, DVD still outsells and the general disc sales trend has been down for some time now ..

aaronwt likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9724 of 9750 Old 06-14-2019, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jawaburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 515
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 197
I tend to use the DVD Netflix for older titles, and harder to find titles. I get most of my new releases from Redbox or my local library.

Sharp LC-80LE844U | Marantz BD8002 | Marantz AV8003 | Marsh Sound Design A400s (FL/FR) | Marantz MM7055 (C/SL/SR) | Phase Tech PC 9.1 (FL/FR) | Phase Tech PC 3.1 (C/SL/SR) | Dual PSA S1811 Subs
Jawaburger is online now  
post #9725 of 9750 Old 06-14-2019, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,333
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked: 3818
ST :: Discovery / Killing Eve, etc are all available on BD Rental at ::

https://www.store-3d-blurayrental.com/default.asp
aaronwt likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #9726 of 9750 Old 06-14-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Marc_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis Metro Area
Posts: 1,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
ST :: Discovery / Killing Eve, etc are all available on BD Rental at ::



https://www.store-3d-blurayrental.com/default.asp
Yup I got season 1 of KE and season 2 is pending release at 3DBR
mgkdragn likes this.

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Marc_G is offline  
post #9727 of 9750 Old 06-14-2019, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,333
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked: 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post
Yup I got season 1 of KE and season 2 is pending release at 3DBR
Back when 3DBR first started, I wondered how long it would last, but they seem to be doing pretty good .. I don't use them a lot, but it's good when they have what you want ..
aaronwt likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #9728 of 9750 Old 06-15-2019, 01:19 PM
Member
 
PhoenixCoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Did the Phoenix Netflix distribution center close down in the past month? The past three weeks, it’s taken 3-4 days to receive blu-Ray discs from Netflix. And the discs have all come from Santa Ana instead of Phoenix. Normally, I’ll mail back discs on Friday or Saturday. On Monday, Netflix distribution center here in Phoenix would receive them and mail out that week’s new releases at the top of queue. They’d arrive on Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. But now, i’m I’m not receiving the discs until Friday or Saturday, and not even getting the new releases. This stinks! I’ve been subscribing to Netflix by mail since the first year they started up. But with it now looking like the Phoenix distribution center is gone, I may finally cancel and start using Redbox.

Last edited by PhoenixCoyote; 06-15-2019 at 01:26 PM.
PhoenixCoyote is offline  
post #9729 of 9750 Old 06-15-2019, 01:24 PM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 24,468
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4605 Post(s)
Liked: 4441
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardcrusher View Post
Has anyone been receiving shipments from the Carol Stream, IL distribution center the last week and a half?

Just received my second disc from Columbus, Ohio. I'm just wondering if the distribution center right next to Chicago has been closed or I'm getting throttled.
My returns were to Carol Stream for a long time. Recently switched to Minneapolis.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
wmcclain is online now  
post #9730 of 9750 Old 06-15-2019, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
andyross63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 3,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I'm in the Chicago area, and my latest disc came from Columbus. Took at least 2 days to get here. Not sure if my previous disc was from Columbus or not, I didn't think to look at the return address.
andyross63 is offline  
post #9731 of 9750 Old 06-23-2019, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,770
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Does Netflix ship disks on Saturday or Sunday? I activated my plan late Friday afternoon, updated my queue, and have not seen a shipped notice yet. It's Sunday late afternoon here on the west coast.

Jack
JackB is online now  
post #9732 of 9750 Old 06-23-2019, 04:33 PM
Member
 
shimonmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Does Netflix ship disks on Saturday or Sunday? I activated my plan late Friday afternoon, updated my queue, and have not seen a shipped notice yet. It's Sunday late afternoon here on the west coast.
Netflix hasn't shipped discs on Sat or Sun for many years now: https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...717-story.html

-Shimon
shimonmor is online now  
post #9733 of 9750 Old 06-28-2019, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
mzs22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 348
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 91
After having netflix dvd subscription for over ten years I think its time to cancel. Do not understand why they send regular dvds when there is a blu ray version ? Price increases every year and they are still sending regular dvds ?
mzs22 is offline  
post #9734 of 9750 Old 06-28-2019, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,333
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked: 3818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzs22 View Post
After having netflix dvd subscription for over ten years I think its time to cancel. Do not understand why they send regular dvds when there is a blu ray version ? Price increases every year and they are still sending regular dvds ?
The trend continues to drop .. I don't think NF sees any future in BD Rental and, long term, perhaps disks in general ::

mzs22 likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
post #9735 of 9750 Old 07-05-2019, 05:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Krispy Kritter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzs22 View Post
After having netflix dvd subscription for over ten years I think its time to cancel. Do not understand why they send regular dvds when there is a blu ray version ? Price increases every year and they are still sending regular dvds ?
Have you verified your profile? I'm pretty sure there is a disc preference option. You can also manually change the disc type of items in your queue.
Krispy Kritter is offline  
post #9736 of 9750 Old 07-05-2019, 06:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Marc_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis Metro Area
Posts: 1,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 60
It's not that they "don't ship the bluray" it's that they don't STOCK the bluray. So many series lately, I've wanted to get the blurays, but they only stock the DVD version. Killing Eve season 2 is the latest example on my end, but they just don't seem to be buying them anymore for all but the most popular shows. This is accelerating the downward trend of their disc/BD subscriptions for sure. I've gone from 3-out to 1 out and am likely to discontinue disc entirely from NF, as now I mostly use 3D-Blurayrental.com, because they actually stock the discs in bluray format.


This week, NF skipped over a new release bluray, and a recent (1 month ago) release (bluray, not showing any wait), and two DVD cartoon titles (Looney Tunes , the only DVDs I would rent), and pulled from I think slots 5-6 or so. By the time I'm at slot 5 generally it's stuff I added to the queue a long time ago and am no longer strongly interested in. Garbage.

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Marc_G is offline  
post #9737 of 9750 Old 07-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Senior Member
 
mzs22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 348
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post
Have you verified your profile? I'm pretty sure there is a disc preference option. You can also manually change the disc type of items in your queue.
For some reason some movies they just don't have in bluray. That is why I cancelled them !
mzs22 is offline  
post #9738 of 9750 Old 07-11-2019, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tlogan6797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 5,341
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 168
I've been noticing that more DVD-only titles are showing up. So far they have been titles that really don't bother me, but I am watching this trend. Also, I finally got a recent release title shipped that is the longest I ever had to wait for one. I think this is the 4th week it's been #1 in my queue, so I am watching this trend as well.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends

Need motivation? Get LOGANED
The Yellow Dog Cinema and Draft House
tlogan6797 is offline  
post #9739 of 9750 Old 07-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Krispy Kritter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzs22 View Post
For some reason some movies they just don't have in bluray. That is why I cancelled them !
Which is fine, but not what you stated.
Krispy Kritter is offline  
post #9740 of 9750 Old 08-11-2019, 05:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 12
9 months after resubscribing to the mail in program, I canceled my plan again. It's not due dissatisfaction of the service, but it's more akin to feeling very full when one eats at an all you can eat restaurant. I gorged on the titles that highlight home theatre strength (okay subwoofer) like "San Andreas", "Pacific Rim", and the opening of that new Blade Runner movie, and felt that watching blu-rays improved the audio aspect tremendously and to a slightly smaller extent, the visuals as well. As the hot summer continues, the feeling of having my fill grew stronger. It might just be the summer heat, but I won't rule out resubscribing in six months or more as the new tentpole flicks I haven't seen add up.

A decade ago, cancelling the mail program of Netlfix might have been absurd to a cord cutter who enjoys home theatre, but 2019 is a different story. Binge watching is a thing and streaming quality has come a long way. Amazon Prime used to disappoint me due to the anemic bass of the "Expanse", but it has improved in that aspect. The selection of Prime Video is another topic altogether. I don't count myself as a Netflix streaming customer even though a distant relative offered one profile on his 4k account for just $35 yearly. At that price point, the streaming service is acceptable, but at a higher price point, I don't see it offering enough value to keep 12 months a year. This might seem like a a knock on the Netflix streaming service, but I've enjoyed it as background noise when doing chores, cooking, or just surfing the net.

I'm just curious, do disc rental customers also subscribe to the streaming plan at the same time?
cardcrusher is offline  
post #9741 of 9750 Old 08-11-2019, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,770
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardcrusher View Post
9 months after resubscribing to the mail in program, I canceled my plan again. It's not due dissatisfaction of the service, but it's more akin to feeling very full when one eats at an all you can eat restaurant. I gorged on the titles that highlight home theatre strength (okay subwoofer) like "San Andreas", "Pacific Rim", and the opening of that new Blade Runner movie, and felt that watching blu-rays improved the audio aspect tremendously and to a slightly smaller extent, the visuals as well. As the hot summer continues, the feeling of having my fill grew stronger. It might just be the summer heat, but I won't rule out resubscribing in six months or more as the new tentpole flicks I haven't seen add up.

A decade ago, cancelling the mail program of Netlfix might have been absurd to a cord cutter who enjoys home theatre, but 2019 is a different story. Binge watching is a thing and streaming quality has come a long way. Amazon Prime used to disappoint me due to the anemic bass of the "Expanse", but it has improved in that aspect. The selection of Prime Video is another topic altogether. I don't count myself as a Netflix streaming customer even though a distant relative offered one profile on his 4k account for just $35 yearly. At that price point, the streaming service is acceptable, but at a higher price point, I don't see it offering enough value to keep 12 months a year. This might seem like a a knock on the Netflix streaming service, but I've enjoyed it as background noise when doing chores, cooking, or just surfing the net.

I'm just curious, do disc rental customers also subscribe to the streaming plan at the same time?
I do but probably only until I work through me top ten requests. Once that is done I'll probably go with occasional Redbox instead.

Jack
JackB is online now  
post #9742 of 9750 Old 08-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
I do but probably only until I work through me top ten requests. Once that is done I'll probably go with occasional Redbox instead.
Redbox is a good option for tentpole flcks and those recent releases with longer wait at Netflix. Never have I encountered a new-ish release blu-ray not available within walking distance from my home (Avengers coming out might change that this month). Their frequent discounting doesn't hurt as well. There's tons of them within 1 mile of my place, but I can see others hating renting from them when one has to drive a bit to return the next day.

How long have you been a disc rental customer?
cardcrusher is offline  
post #9743 of 9750 Old 08-11-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,770
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1416 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardcrusher View Post
Redbox is a good option for tentpole flcks and those recent releases with longer wait at Netflix. Never have I encountered a new-ish release blu-ray not available within walking distance from my home (Avengers coming out might change that this month). Their frequent discounting doesn't hurt as well. There's tons of them within 1 mile of my place, but I can see others hating renting from them when one has to drive a bit to return the next day.

How long have you been a disc rental customer?
Since the beginning.

Jack
JackB is online now  
post #9744 of 9750 Old 08-11-2019, 11:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 1,363
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Netflix member since 2003.

Considering dropping because of fewer 1080 movies in their library and no UHD. I need to figure out a better way to watch DVDs I don't want to purchase. Netflix has been convenient for a long time but is becoming increasingly less useful. I have a lot of Red Box boxes close by and 3drentals would likely work for non current rentals. I'd like to save my Netflix queue somehow.



Cheers,

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
dnoonie is online now  
post #9745 of 9750 Old 08-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Ron
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Canton, Mi
Posts: 1,039
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
Netflix member since 2003.

Considering dropping because of fewer 1080 movies in their library and no UHD. I need to figure out a better way to watch DVDs I don't want to purchase. Netflix has been convenient for a long time but is becoming increasingly less useful. I have a lot of Red Box boxes close by and 3drentals would likely work for non current rentals. I'd like to save my Netflix queue somehow.



Cheers,

Also in since the beginning - DISC RENTAL, that is! I hate streaming. Hate it with a passion. I partake of amazon just because I'm a prime customer, but I hate how to get all the shows you might want to watch that you have to subscribe to 37 different streaming services. UGH! And it's not like streaming has recent movies! What's up with that?? And even if I'm out of touch and if some do have current releases now, there's still the problem of "you have 48 hours to finish this rental"...UGH! If something comes up I can put the disc aside and get back to it next weekend...but not with streaming! Not to mention most operators' FF and REW suck! And pause! I want ONLY the picture on the screen when I pause, no overlays, and at least for Roku, that's apparently not possible. I guess I'm spoiled by my Tivos.
Ron is offline  
post #9746 of 9750 Old 08-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
Netflix member since 2003.

Considering dropping because of fewer 1080 movies in their library and no UHD. I need to figure out a better way to watch DVDs I don't want to purchase. Netflix has been convenient for a long time but is becoming increasingly less useful. I have a lot of Red Box boxes close by and 3drentals would likely work for non current rentals. I'd like to save my Netflix queue somehow.



Cheers,
Netflix says that the profile and queue will be saved for 10 months if I ever come back (likely will happen), but the only way I could make a copy of my queue was through copy and paste. The document was quite long and unwieldy. Is there another way to copy a Netflix queue in a format that is better than a word processor file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Also in since the beginning - DISC RENTAL, that is! I hate streaming. Hate it with a passion. I partake of amazon just because I'm a prime customer, but I hate how to get all the shows you might want to watch that you have to subscribe to 37 different streaming services. UGH! And it's not like streaming has recent movies! What's up with that?? And even if I'm out of touch and if some do have current releases now, there's still the problem of "you have 48 hours to finish this rental"...UGH! If something comes up I can put the disc aside and get back to it next weekend...but not with streaming! Not to mention most operators' FF and REW suck! And pause! I want ONLY the picture on the screen when I pause, no overlays, and at least for Roku, that's apparently not possible. I guess I'm spoiled by my Tivos.
I hate the 48 hour thing on digital formats as well. Due to that, I've rarely rented on demand even with heavy discounts. What's worse is kiosk rentals that have to be returned the next day in inclement weather. For me, a roundtrip walk of six blocks in snow is not a big deal, but there are people who have to drive through inclement weather. That's why I understand that Netflix disc rental is still valuable to those into home theater even if streaming services are convenient and fast (minus the selection aspect which you brought up).
cardcrusher is offline  
post #9747 of 9750 Old 08-19-2019, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Marc_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis Metro Area
Posts: 1,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Another DVD only casualty at Netflix: American Gods season 2. It is only DVD on NF but available in BluRay elsewhere.

Who can we complain to about this crap? No wonder their BR service is in the crapper, if they don't buy the content.

Seriously, what is the current way tonlodgeba complaint?

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Marc_G is offline  
post #9748 of 9750 Old 08-19-2019, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 1,363
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post
Another DVD only casualty at Netflix: American Gods season 2. It is only DVD on NF but available in BluRay elsewhere.

Who can we complain to about this crap? No wonder their BR service is in the crapper, if they don't buy the content.

Seriously, what is the current way tonlodgeba complaint?

By phone.


Go to American Gods Season 2 on Netflix. Scroll to the bottom. Click on Service Code. Call the 1-800 phone number and give them the service code they will ask how that can help.


By the way, I ended up purchasing Season 1 on BD because I had time to watch it and Netflix didn't have it to rent on BD yet. I'll likely do the same for Season 2 when it comes out. Season 2 was not as well liked at Season 1. I really enjoyed Season 1!


Cheers,

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
dnoonie is online now  
post #9749 of 9750 Old 08-19-2019, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Marc_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Indianapolis Metro Area
Posts: 1,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 60
season 2 on BR releases this week on 3D BluRayRental.com. short wait at the moment.
aaronwt likes this.

Sometimes, I see dead pixels...
Marc_G is offline  
post #9750 of 9750 Old 08-19-2019, 07:41 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,797
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9196 Post(s)
Liked: 5912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_G View Post
season 2 on BR releases this week on 3D BluRayRental.com. short wait at the moment.
I don't miss Netflix disc rentals at all. I joined Netflix in 1999 and used it for many years. But 3d-blurayrental has easily been much better than Netflix for me these past seven years. Between the 3D BD, 2D BD, and UHD BD rentals I get from them, Netflix doesn't even come close. Netflix only has a fraction of what I've rented from 3d-blurayrental.
Marc_G, 84lion, tcramer and 1 others like this.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Software

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off