Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-17-2014, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
SE-R0251 Remote Issues

Hi all,

A few years ago I purchased a used HD-A1 from an eBay seller for like $30 shipped. The unit arrived with a black HD-XA2 remote, though. The remote worked fine with the A1 so I thought nothing of it. Then one day after I changed the batteries in the remote it stopped working with the A1. I have numerous A1s, D1s, and XA1s but nothing else besides first generation HD DVD players so I couldn't test the remote with any other type of unit. The remote would light up but none of the buttons worked. Later that particular A1 died on me so I boxed it up and tossed it in the attic but kept the remote out. I just now rediscovered the remote and put fresh batteries in it.

Once again the remote lights up but doesn't function with any of my A1s, D1s, or XA1s. Also the backlight does not turn itself off. It is on all the time. I can press and hold the backlight key but it doesn't force the backlight off. Does anyone know how to force the backlight off of an XA2 remote as well as how to get it to work with first generation HD DVD players? It's very odd to me that the remote once worked perfectly with the A1 it shipped with only to stop working after a battery change. And now this constant backlight on has me wondering if the remote is somehow broken.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 74
might be a short in the remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD DVD Players