Switching out HD-XA2 for HD-A30 - Questions (remote compatibility) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-17-2019, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2751 Post(s)
Liked: 2649
Switching out HD-XA2 for HD-A30 - Questions (remote compatibility)

Hello....hello....hello...hello.....

Just testing the echo in here

In case anyone sees this thread, please let me know if you have an answer for the following.

I currently use an Onkyo DV-HD805 which has been in service, along side my Blu-Ray player, since around 2007 and it's still going strong. As I had accumulated many HD-DVDs, around the death of HD DVD I picked up a new-in-box Toshiba HD-XA2 and a cheaper HD-A30. I have to shed some equipment so I'm thinking of getting rid of that spare XA2 and just keeping the A30 as my back up (it's box is smaller for my storage).

So my questions:

Are the remote control commands the same between the various HD DVD players, such that my universal remote which has the XA2 commands would work for the A30 as well?

Also: I presume there is no reason to expect any picture quality difference with HD DVDs between the XA2 and X30, correct?

I know the XA2 was particularly lauded at the time for it's handling of DVDs, but I don't really watch those anymore.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-19-2019, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

post #3 of 4 Old 01-21-2019, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

If anyone answers this, please quote me so I get an email alert of the response. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-22-2019, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
Hello....hello....hello...hello.....

Just testing the echo in here

In case anyone sees this thread, please let me know if you have an answer for the following.

I currently use an Onkyo DV-HD805 which has been in service, along side my Blu-Ray player, since around 2007 and it's still going strong. As I had accumulated many HD-DVDs, around the death of HD DVD I picked up a new-in-box Toshiba HD-XA2 and a cheaper HD-A30. I have to shed some equipment so I'm thinking of getting rid of that spare XA2 and just keeping the A30 as my back up (it's box is smaller for my storage).

So my questions:

Are the remote control commands the same between the various HD DVD players, such that my universal remote which has the XA2 commands would work for the A30 as well?

Also: I presume there is no reason to expect any picture quality difference with HD DVDs between the XA2 and X30, correct?

I know the XA2 was particularly lauded at the time for it's handling of DVDs, but I don't really watch those anymore.

Thanks!
-Yes the remote commands are the same for all the players as far as I know. I have one each of the Toshiba players (A1, XA1, A2, A20, XA-2, A3, A30, A35) and the Onkyo 805 and have always used either the XA-1 remote or a universal for all of them.

-To my eyes all the players have the same picture quality.

-Don't know about the DVD capabilities, didn't start collecting discs until HD-DVD and Blu-ray came about so only have a few stray DVD's that play back fine on whatever player I choose.

-If I were to keep 1 player it would be the XA-2, the 3 series just looks/feels cheaper to me even though I haven't had any issues with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD DVD Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page