my new HD-A1 but I have a few questions.... - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-26-2019, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
my new HD-A1 but I have a few questions....

I just recently bought a Toshiba HD-A1 hd dvd player with remote for $5 with 20% off (total of $4.22 with taxes) at a resale shop. Before buying it I powered it on and tested it with both a cd and a regular dvd (didnt have any hd dvds there or with me to test). The player did recognize both discs. I'm trying to find out what firmware it has but it seems it doesn't have a menu to go to. If I start the player up with no disc in it, it just shows "no disc" on the screen. The remote doesn't have any buttons on it to go to a menu of the player either. Does anyone know how to find the firmware on a HD-A1 player? I'm also trying to find an iso of the 4.0 firmware for this player. Every download I have seen is either down or is corrupted when downloaded. Any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-27-2019, 01:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 516
There should be a setup button on the remote that takes you to the menu, unless it's not an original remote and some replacement.

The thing with the firmware updates is they appear corrupted so you have to burn them to a disc. Even the disc will be unreadable but if you do the update, it will recognize it.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-27-2019, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 502
You should Download Toshiba HD-A1 SPEC as well as OPERATING MANUAL from fol. Toshiba Support Website:
https://support.toshiba.com/support/...eeText=2805946

On pg 57, you will find Instructions for using HD-A1's Ethernet connection to your Internet Router to Download Updates.

Or you can TRY the *.iso file found on the "Drivers and Updates" Tab. I had no problem downloading v.4.0 WinZip file, which was recognized by my WinZip app. But I don't have an HD-A1 to try it on.
BTW: WinZip is NOT usually supported by Windows without some additional unpacking software, such as:
https://www.onmsft.com/news/winzip-n...ortana-support

If you have an OLD version of WinZip [ver 17.5 & earlier] that is NOT compatible with Win10, you can Upgrade for 1/2 Price:
https://www.winzip.com/win/en/upgrade.html

Last edited by holl_ands; 04-27-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-09-2019, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks I did eventually find there is a slide "door" on the bottom of the remote where the setup button is. I have tried to connect my hd-a3 to the net to update but it wont work. I havnt tried the hd-a1 yet. I do know that the hd-a1 that I have has the 1.4(?) firmware.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-16-2019, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik732007 View Post
Thanks I did eventually find there is a slide "door" on the bottom of the remote where the setup button is. I have tried to connect my hd-a3 to the net to update but it wont work. I havnt tried the hd-a1 yet. I do know that the hd-a1 that I have has the 1.4(?) firmware.
Don't think the network updates have worked since Toshiba got out of the HD-DVD business or shortly there after.

I seem to recall updates on the 1 and 2 series was done by disc Toshiba sent to the registered owners. My collection of 1 series update discs goes 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 3.0, 4.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD DVD Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page