A2 sent for warranty service - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-01-2007, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am sending my A2 back to Toshiba - to their service facility in Haverhhill MA. I am located in southern Cal. I am paying to ship this back, but shouldn't I be reimbursed by Toshiba for this? (I sent an e-mail inquiry to them asking how they planned to compensate me for this freight cost.) If I am stuck paying it, I guess it will be worth it if I get a player without any issues in return.

Also, anyone have similar experience with a warranty service return? (My A2 had the freezing issue on about 50% of the discs - either SD or HD - that I tried to play.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-01-2007, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
the way it was explained to me by Toshiba, is that you pay one way, one time. They pay return trip and if it needs to be resent in for the same repair, then toshiba pays both ways.

Tim
post #3 of 8 Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 11
I sent mine in for audio drop outs on CDs. I paid shipping to them they returned it Fed Ex 2-day. Only took them 1-day to work on it.

It wasn't fixed when they returned it. It is going back in and they are mailing me a shipping label.

This is common practice for most electronics I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I received a pre-paid shipping label from Toshiba when I bricked my first A2 with a firmware update. They were unable to fix it and replaced it with a brand-new machine.

PEACE--->Rhoq
post #5 of 8 Old 05-01-2007, 09:59 PM

After owning it for a month my A2 refused to read any type of disc (DVD, HD-DVD, CD). I paid to ship it back to Toshiba and they replaced it with a brand new one.

So far it's been working ok, except for Children of Men.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-02-2007, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hopefully it gets fixed, my A1 was in for service two times under warranty. When I got it back the second time it still wasn't working and they refused to pay for it anymore unless I paid shipping & $99 service support.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-02-2007, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post

After owning it for a month my A2 refused to read any type of disc (DVD, HD-DVD, CD). I paid to ship it back to Toshiba and they replaced it with a brand new one.

So far it's been working ok, except for Children of Men.

Had the same problem too and the same solution as well. But I don't have Children of Men on HD DVD. As soon as I received the replacement, I updated the software to 1.5 ans sine then my A2 has been performing well. Let keep our fingers that it will forever.. I hate to ship and wait for repairs on anything I only have for a few weeks and months.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-02-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go5hole View Post

I am sending my A2 back to Toshiba - to their service facility in Haverhhill MA. I am located in southern Cal. I am paying to ship this back, but shouldn't I be reimbursed by Toshiba for this? (I sent an e-mail inquiry to them asking how they planned to compensate me for this freight cost.) If I am stuck paying it, I guess it will be worth it if I get a player without any issues in return.

Also, anyone have similar experience with a warranty service return? (My A2 had the freezing issue on about 50% of the discs - either SD or HD - that I tried to play.)

I would suggest you call Toshiba not email them. I have my XA1 repaired twice (all shipment paid by Toshiba), the 2nd time around it did fixed the problem. When you call Toshiba and explain the problem, they should create a service request and send you a pre-paid label to Fed-Ex so you won't pay for the shipment. I assume your unit is still under warranty, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD DVD Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page