p.o.s. 360 addon and Transformers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, I got a bunch of movies at CC with the BOGO but none of them work! Knocked Up seems to have trashed my 360 drive so now it freezes during any HD movie. Any ideas? Should I try to delete all the cookies? When I tried to play knocked up, it downloaded a cookie for it and all hell broke loose after that. Now my non-combo movies crap out. I need to save up a bit of money for a REAL HDDVD player........... microsoft products are so unreliable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It seems that on any of the web enabled disc it wants to download a cookie and the add on takes a LOOOOOONG time to do this simple task. I thought mine had locked up the first time I put Heroes disc 2 in and I rebooted my xbox and deleted the cookies and that helped. When I went to watch Knocked Up it took the add on circa 7 minutes to download the dang cookie and start playing. I got impatient with Evan Almighty and pushed the power button on the 360, waited a minute and powered it up and Evan Started in about 2 minutes after that. I have never tried watching any of the web enabled discs on tha A1.

"People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be."
--- Abraham Lincoln
post #3 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hmm never had one problem with mine. I would try deleting the cookies and see if that works.

LG OLED65B6P
Oppo UDP-203
Denon AVR-X4200W
PS4 Pro
Xbox One X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The 360 HD DVD drive never acted up for me and I've played knocked up in it.

Perhaps you should go to the system blade and go to system items and see if you can delete the patches applied to the HD DVD drive; or delete all of the cookies and try. They are cookies; it's not like they really matter.
post #5 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

yea, transformers took about 10 minutes to download that stupid cookie, really pissed me off, because there was a cancel button but I couldnt select it without freezing the player.
post #6 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I deleted the cookies and Transformers worked up until the chopper scene. It froze up and the light on the drive itself shut off. Would it be best to delete everything off the drive and NOT play a movie while it's connected to the internet? I can't believe that a non-combo movie doesn't work.
post #7 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 11:14 AM

I popped in the disc at 12:30a this morning, it downloaded the cookie in about 2 minutes. I then proceeded to download the H.U.D. and that took about 3 minutes then when I went to play the movie with the feature the screen went black for about 10 seconds and then everything played normally.

Seems problems with the 360 add-on are hit and miss. I've yet to have any "serious" (read: extremely long load times or failing discs) problems with mine, I expected to have a delay in playing the disc which is why i loaded it last night to make sure everything worked for the viewing party I'm having this evening.

I'm hoping there is an update in the Fall Update that's coming soon that tightens up the add-on functionality, but overall I'm impressed with this player at a cost of $130 (Best-Buy pricing mistake).
post #8 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 11:25 AM

Is this only happening to users that have the 360 connected to the internet? I've yet to have a problem, but I do not have my 360 hooked up to the web, either. I'm wondering because I have Transformers at home (from Netflix), and am starting to worry if it will play properly on my add-on. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
post #9 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It didn't work. I deleted eveything, didn't download any cookies for transformers and it'll play for about 10 minutes then freeze. It doesn't matter if I skip chapters. Once it plays for 10 minutes, it craps out. worthless p.o.s.
post #10 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochild3180 View Post

Is this only happening to users that have the 360 connected to the internet? I've yet to have a problem, but I do not have my 360 hooked up to the web, either. I'm wondering because I have Transformers at home (from Netflix), and am starting to worry if it will play properly on my add-on. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

mine isn't working on or off the net. Hopefully you don't have any problems.
post #11 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 AM

Try going to your System blade and removing the HD-DVD player, restart your 360, put the movie into the HD-DVD player and it should ask to update. Do so and hopefully that will work. Last thing you can try is exchanging it for a different copy.
post #12 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I've set mine to deny all cookies.
post #13 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

I've set mine to deny all cookies.

Probably a good idea. I need to set mine to that tonight before we watch it.
post #14 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Never had a single problem with my 360 Addon.
Try this. On the Dashboard, go to the system blade, go to MEMORY then you'll see the HD-DVD drive, go in there and delete everything.
Restart system, and try again.

I popped in Disc 1 at 11:21pm and took several minutes to clear the Loading Update screen, after that everything was flawless.

Using old ass Add-on Drive and a 360 Elite.
post #15 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:02 PM

I have no problems watching the Transformers HUD but I cant use any of the downloadble content which sucks. It keeps saying I cant connect to the Net
post #16 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:04 PM

I put tranformers in my xbox add-on and all it does is say reading when I try to play the hddvd. Any ideas?
post #17 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcsnkman View Post

I have no problems watching the Transformers HUD but I cant use any of the downloadble content which sucks. It keeps saying I cant connect to the Net

Did you enable network access? Press Display on the remote (or press a button on the controller) go to ADVANCED and one of the icons is the NETWORK icon, make sure it's enabled.
Also make it accept all cookies. Eject and re-insert disc and check it out.

Also do you have xbox live? either gold or silver. as long as your 360 can go to the marketplace and download game demos and what not, it should work
post #18 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjy View Post

Try going to your System blade and removing the HD-DVD player, restart your 360, put the movie into the HD-DVD player and it should ask to update. Do so and hopefully that will work. Last thing you can try is exchanging it for a different copy.

What do you mean removing your hDdvd player? Do you just mean deleting eveything?
post #19 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyorder1 View Post

I put tranformers in my xbox add-on and all it does is say reading when I try to play the hddvd. Any ideas?

Oh man, this isn't sounding good. I am going to buy Transformers on lunch here in a few and am getting a little nervous about the addon for the 360.

Other than deleting your HD-DVD player from the System blade or trying a new copy, I am not sure what you can do. Maybe this problem is critical enough that MS will send out an update soon.
post #20 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:17 PM

Just remember, more often than not only the negative is reported so don't be afraid to pick it up just because of some failing, that doesn't mean they all are.

From what I've seen though, reinstalling the HD player, clearing the memory, and the extreme of boiling the discs seem to remedy most problems before going to the store to replace the discs.
post #21 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Sounds like the problems with Heroes. Don't they test these things? It's not as if there are that many models of HD DVD players out there.

(I'm worried because my projector is where I want to play Transformers, and that's where my 360 is. My A2 is on the other TV.)
post #22 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

If it won't play, I trust that microsoft will issue an update for it.
I had knocked up and it played fine. I knew to just let it sit there and update. Deleting in the middle screws things up.

I know in the knocked up thread you had to find the cookie, delete it, then restart the disc, let it finish downloading, and all was good.

This doesn't seem to work for transformers.
post #23 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:40 PM

I started having issues with my drive last night. My wife was using it with a Standard DVD and when it froze about 10 minutes in. We tried playing another SD DVD and it started playing but froze up again, and when I tried an HD-DVD(Underworld Evolution - import) last night it wouldn't play it at all. I tried the same HD-DVD today again at lunch and it played for a few minutes and then it froze again.

I will try removing it from the system blade as some of you have suggested and see what happens.
post #24 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I have the 360 HD DVD addon and Transformers and the only issue I have is that it freezes at chapters 17(1 hour and 41 minutes to be exact) and 18. If I skip past them, the rest of the movie plays fine. I even finished the movie then went into the chapter selection and selected 17 and fast forwarded to 1:41 and it froze again. I'm wondering if this is a player issue or if a software update will fix it. I had a similar problem with 300 and the add-on.
post #25 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
What happens is if you abort the cookie download, then a corrupted cookie for that movie is in the cookie cache, and it will lock the player when that movie is loaded. DO NOT ABORT THE COOKIE DOWNLOAD. Just be patient. Since the movie just came out today, even though it would normally only take maybe 2 minutes to download, it might take 10 to 15 minutes.

If you've bombed the cookie download, then you need to flush the cookies before attempting to play the movie again. Then, let it finish the download (one time thing per movie, until you flush the cache again).

I Bet You Wish You Could! - Roger Wilco

Directions for updating your Onkyo xx5 receivers firmware. **Newly updated 7-22-2009**Re-uploaded 2-23-2015**

Something from damninteresting.com
post #26 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 PM

Okay, wow.. just had the biggest dumb momemnt ever. I realized I had disc 2 in and it wasn't playing, for whatever reason that may be. Once I put disc one in, the main feature, the movie works just fine. Picture is amazing. Wish the sound was better.

Bottom line.. make sure you don't have a brain fart like me.
post #27 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 01:33 PM

Quote:

Okay, wow.. just had the biggest dumb momemnt ever. I realized I had disc 2 in and it wasn't playing, for whatever reason that may be. Once I put disc one in, the main feature, the movie works just fine. Picture is amazing. Wish the sound was better.

Change your audio settings to the DTS for 1.5MBs. The audio is coming out 5 stars on every review.

K-Dawg

"People vote with their dollars!"
post #28 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 01:46 PM

Yeah, took about 10 mins for the cookie download. Playing just fine. Even skipped to Chapters 17 and 18 to check on what was mentioned earlier and had no issues. It looks fantastic.

XBL GT= lJesse Custerl | PSN= lJesseCusterl
HD-DVD titles: 15 | BluRay titles: 13
post #29 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 01:47 PM

damn..now I'm worried!
post #30 of 216 Old 10-16-2007, 02:08 PM
kyo

Quote:

Mine also does the same thing with disc 2 on the add on. It just says reading. Anyone get disc 2 to work with the add on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD DVD Software

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page