AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/153-cd-players-dedicated-music-transports/)
-   -   "Official" Olive Thread Opus 4, Opus 6, Melody 2, Olive 2, Olive 4/ 4HD, 06HD (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/153-cd-players-dedicated-music-transports/1091695-official-olive-thread-opus-4-opus-6-melody-2-olive-2-olive-4-4hd-06hd.html)

Popol 03-27-2019 09:59 AM

Olive
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by clpetersen (Post 57808400)
I used to be an Olive HD owner and still have their last version of software and firmware. Too big to email. If you can share a drop box or similar I can upload it.

Many thanks
My e mail is
Paul at thercon dot be as the post is not allowing an e mail adress

ceirj1879 03-27-2019 04:39 PM

Hi everybody
I have Olive musica device, it worked great about last 10 years and I enjoyed my music until last sunday. Something went wrong with the electric system in my house. After shutdown my Olive musica device doesn't starting. I moved several times for last 10 years and I think I lost the recovery cd. Could you help me in this case? I need the recovery CD for my Olive musica. Can I buy it somewhere or download somewhere. Please help me. Thanks before

pablovi 04-04-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceirj1879 (Post 57814384)
Hi everybody
I have Olive musica device, it worked great about last 10 years and I enjoyed my music until last sunday. Something went wrong with the electric system in my house. After shutdown my Olive musica device doesn't starting. I moved several times for last 10 years and I think I lost the recovery cd. Could you help me in this case? I need the recovery CD for my Olive musica. Can I buy it somewhere or download somewhere. Please help me. Thanks before

G. Martens has put up the files online. https://www.lydo.nl/download/?dir=Olive

Just use a download app like jdownloader, because downloading directly fails a lot. And consider donating.

pablovi 04-04-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popol (Post 57812158)
Many thanks
My email is
Paul at thercon dot be as the post is not allowing an e mail adress

You can find them online here, G. Martens place them there, consider donating. https://www.lydo.nl/download/?dir=Olive

And this are the files clpetersen sent me.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1iP68TAOxGAz7t

gmed 04-07-2019 02:41 PM

4HD finally stopped
 
My 4HD finally stopped working one month ago, at least I noticed it wasn't turning on. it gets stuck on the white screen and says "system is starting up, please wait"
So naturally I thought it was the HD, so today I changed it, and restarted with the down and center buttons pressed. It does not prompt me to insert the USB disk, it remains with the white screen.

Could it be that the mother board isn't working?

ceirj1879 04-13-2019 07:10 AM

Olive Musica
 
Many thanks to pablovi for kink on the recovery files. But there is the problems in this files. I can't to open o write it on the CD. I tried many software including UltraISO, IMGBurn and other and all my attempts failed. For example when I tried to open recovery.img file from Google Drive link I see - Invalid file format message. So I still need the Olive Musica recovery disc. If somebody can help me I'll be really appreciate.

gmed 04-13-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceirj1879 (Post 57895930)
Many thanks to pablovi for kink on the recovery files. But there is the problems in this files. I can't to open o write it on the CD. I tried many software including UltraISO, IMGBurn and other and all my attempts failed. For example when I tried to open recovery.img file from Google Drive link I see - Invalid file format message. So I still need the Olive Musica recovery disc. If somebody can help me I'll be really appreciate.


you are not supposed to open the files. Do not double click on the files. just transfer them to a USB memory stick

ceirj1879 04-14-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmed (Post 57896772)
you are not supposed to open the files. Do not double click on the files. just transfer them to a USB memory stick

Olive Musica is pretty old device. It can't be restored using USB memory stick only Recovery CD. The file we are talking about is CD image, it should be burned on CD. That's the problem!

ceirj1879 04-16-2019 03:42 PM

Hi everybody
Tell me please what I did wrong
Please look the video

GJ1970 04-18-2019 10:57 AM

Did you use the firmware for the Olive 4, Olive 2 or the HD’s?
I don’t think they will work with the older musica’s.

Best regards, Gertjan

GJ1970 04-24-2019 01:30 AM

For the people that have the older musica units: is the nit the same as the (European) Hifidelio? They look very similar
In that case, you might want to try the software and images from https://www.hifidelio.com/index.php?...nload.software

Gertjan

Bandi54 04-28-2019 11:50 AM

Hi guys,
Greatings from Hungary.
This is my first post here, but I’ve read almost the whole forum during the years.
I have two Olive 4HD, and one Olive 4 (Opus).
If I remember well, 5 years ago many of the members of the forum reported, that the internet became “unavailable” in their Olives. That time I haven’t realised this kind of problem. The Internet radio worked flawlessly.
The problems started only two years ago - the pre-set Internet radio stations disappeared from listing, but according the posts, it was a common problem. But probably not for everybody, because one year ago, I’ve bought my second 4HD, which still had the pre-set stations – until now. How could it be possible?
But a few days ago, realised that the Internet became “unavailable”, and the internet radio disappeared from all of my Olives.
What happened now? What was changed? Is there an easy way to repair the Internet radio? (I’m not very familiar with Linux)

macchiles 05-06-2019 08:05 AM

Hello. I'm new to the forum.

I have an original Olive Opus (500GB - black and white screen) that is stuck on the initial Olive start up screen. I'm unable to find my Recovery CD as the box with the Recovery CD for my unit was destroyed during Hurricane Irma.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction where I can download the correct Recovery CD? It looks like many of the Recovery CD's online are for new models.

Thanks in advance!

Mac


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.