"Official" Olive Thread Opus 4, Opus 6, Melody 2, Olive 2, Olive 4/ 4HD, 06HD - Page 130 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 82Likes

post #3871 of 3885 Old 03-27-2019, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs up Olive

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post
I used to be an Olive HD owner and still have their last version of software and firmware. Too big to email. If you can share a drop box or similar I can upload it.
Many thanks
My e mail is
Paul at thercon dot be as the post is not allowing an e mail adress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 3885 Old 03-27-2019, 04:39 PM

Hi everybody
I have Olive musica device, it worked great about last 10 years and I enjoyed my music until last sunday. Something went wrong with the electric system in my house. After shutdown my Olive musica device doesn't starting. I moved several times for last 10 years and I think I lost the recovery cd. Could you help me in this case? I need the recovery CD for my Olive musica. Can I buy it somewhere or download somewhere. Please help me. Thanks before
post #3873 of 3885 Old 04-04-2019, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceirj1879 View Post
Hi everybody
I have Olive musica device, it worked great about last 10 years and I enjoyed my music until last sunday. Something went wrong with the electric system in my house. After shutdown my Olive musica device doesn't starting. I moved several times for last 10 years and I think I lost the recovery cd. Could you help me in this case? I need the recovery CD for my Olive musica. Can I buy it somewhere or download somewhere. Please help me. Thanks before
G. Martens has put up the files online. https://www.lydo.nl/download/?dir=Olive

Just use a download app like jdownloader, because downloading directly fails a lot. And consider donating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3874 of 3885 Old 04-04-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popol View Post
Many thanks
My email is
Paul at thercon dot be as the post is not allowing an e mail adress
You can find them online here, G. Martens place them there, consider donating. https://www.lydo.nl/download/?dir=Olive

And this are the files clpetersen sent me.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1iP68TAOxGAz7t

Last edited by pablovi; 04-04-2019 at 05:23 PM.
post #3875 of 3885 Old 04-07-2019, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
4HD finally stopped

My 4HD finally stopped working one month ago, at least I noticed it wasn't turning on. it gets stuck on the white screen and says "system is starting up, please wait"
So naturally I thought it was the HD, so today I changed it, and restarted with the down and center buttons pressed. It does not prompt me to insert the USB disk, it remains with the white screen.

Could it be that the mother board isn't working?
post #3876 of 3885 Old 04-13-2019, 07:10 AM

Olive Musica

Many thanks to pablovi for kink on the recovery files. But there is the problems in this files. I can't to open o write it on the CD. I tried many software including UltraISO, IMGBurn and other and all my attempts failed. For example when I tried to open recovery.img file from Google Drive link I see - Invalid file format message. So I still need the Olive Musica recovery disc. If somebody can help me I'll be really appreciate.
post #3877 of 3885 Old 04-13-2019, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceirj1879 View Post
Many thanks to pablovi for kink on the recovery files. But there is the problems in this files. I can't to open o write it on the CD. I tried many software including UltraISO, IMGBurn and other and all my attempts failed. For example when I tried to open recovery.img file from Google Drive link I see - Invalid file format message. So I still need the Olive Musica recovery disc. If somebody can help me I'll be really appreciate.

you are not supposed to open the files. Do not double click on the files. just transfer them to a USB memory stick
post #3878 of 3885 Old 04-14-2019, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmed View Post
you are not supposed to open the files. Do not double click on the files. just transfer them to a USB memory stick
Olive Musica is pretty old device. It can't be restored using USB memory stick only Recovery CD. The file we are talking about is CD image, it should be burned on CD. That's the problem!
post #3879 of 3885 Old 04-16-2019, 03:42 PM

Hi everybody
Tell me please what I did wrong
Please look the video
post #3880 of 3885 Old 04-18-2019, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Did you use the firmware for the Olive 4, Olive 2 or the HD’s?
I don’t think they will work with the older musica’s.

Best regards, Gertjan
post #3881 of 3885 Old 04-24-2019, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 27
For the people that have the older musica units: is the nit the same as the (European) Hifidelio? They look very similar
In that case, you might want to try the software and images from https://www.hifidelio.com/index.php?...nload.software

Gertjan
post #3882 of 3885 Old 04-28-2019, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi guys,
Greatings from Hungary.
This is my first post here, but I’ve read almost the whole forum during the years.
I have two Olive 4HD, and one Olive 4 (Opus).
If I remember well, 5 years ago many of the members of the forum reported, that the internet became “unavailable” in their Olives. That time I haven’t realised this kind of problem. The Internet radio worked flawlessly.
The problems started only two years ago - the pre-set Internet radio stations disappeared from listing, but according the posts, it was a common problem. But probably not for everybody, because one year ago, I’ve bought my second 4HD, which still had the pre-set stations – until now. How could it be possible?
But a few days ago, realised that the Internet became “unavailable”, and the internet radio disappeared from all of my Olives.
What happened now? What was changed? Is there an easy way to repair the Internet radio? (I’m not very familiar with Linux)
post #3883 of 3885 Old 05-06-2019, 08:05 AM

Hello. I'm new to the forum.

I have an original Olive Opus (500GB - black and white screen) that is stuck on the initial Olive start up screen. I'm unable to find my Recovery CD as the box with the Recovery CD for my unit was destroyed during Hurricane Irma.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction where I can download the correct Recovery CD? It looks like many of the Recovery CD's online are for new models.

Thanks in advance!

Mac
post #3884 of 3885 Old 09-08-2019, 11:15 AM

Hi, I’ve owned an Olive 03HD since 2010-2011, and I haven’t had any problem with it, I used to have problems when I left it on standby the first year or so, but after that, I always turn it off with the Switch in the back, and haven’t had a single problem with it. I know it will die eventually, but so far it’s been working, it has the 4.2.0 version, and can’t update online now. Is it worth it to do a manual update? Or I leave I alone if I don’t have any problem? I’ve heard that you can use the USB port as digital out if you update?

I know most people have moved on from these players, and that my main question, is there anything out there that’s like this Olive? That has a CD drive for ripping, and integrated HDD, or you can add an external HDD with ease, and serves as a Music server with preferably a screen? And it’s about the same price($1,000 USD) or even better, cheaper?

I know I can build a music server with a small computer, but I want a turnkey solution, like the Olive. I haven’t been following the audiophile scene for years.

Thanks in advanced.
post #3885 of 3885 Old 09-17-2019, 08:11 AM

How to put an SSD in the Olive 04HD

Hello There,

Can someone explain me how to put a new SSD in the Olive 04HD please.
The olive is working just fine, but i think it is time to change the old HDD.
No back-up needed, i have al the music on the pc.
Thank you in advance.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page