Join Date: Dec 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I first purchased the unit at the beginning of the year, it arrived dead.
I shipped it back, at my expense, over $200 expecting to get re-imbursed, but never did. It seemed at that time that the screen might not have been working at all, though it sounded like the hard drive did start spinning when you turned it on. I don't know they fixed and returned the unit or sent me a replacement unit.
I am wondering if the front screen is a weak point of the unit. Possibly a poor connection.
Release Notes 4.1.4:
- major performance improvements (browsing speed)
- back navigation performance increase
- loading icon shown on right side for better status indication
- backup with a 2TB external hard drive is now supported
- wifi password support for "-"
- supports gapless 24-bit FLAC music playback
- internet radio favorites can be played using the remote control play button
- multiple albums of one artist are shown within the artwork view
- playlist can be burned within the playscreen
- network setup with only one network and no password protection now works (prompted for password before)
- Cancel button added to the usb-popup and support for the button navigation
- deletion of a track/album no longer blocks the navigation back to the main menu
- CD playback is blocked during ripping
- confirmation popup is not shown any more if playmode is set
- iTunes support is disabled by default - performance increasment
-> can be turned on/off via the settings menu
I do not understand what you are trying to say. I was reporting an admittedly subjective assessment of files ripped on the Olive 4HD. We have no information, as far as I know, of what software the Olive uses to rip files, whether it is bit-accurate, or error-correcting.
What I do know is that music ripped via XLD on my iMac and transferred to the Olive via ethernet sounds more coherent to me; that is to say, more listenable.
I hadn't used my Olive 4 HD for some time. recently I began to use it again, and the screen would freeze. the unit would play in the background, the the screen and the buttons would be unresponsive. I was forced to reset each time. I finally contacted Olive and they advised me to disconnect the power, then do a hard reset. this got it to work but still froze. I recently upgraded to 4.1.4, thinking that this would fix it, but it hasn't. Today it again froze. I tried to backup, but the screen froze. I couldn't determine the progress of the backup. So I tried it again and it seems like it is backing up. I feel that all of my issues began after upgrading to 4.1.3. I have misplaced my recovery CD, so I don't know what to do.