USB Audio Reader with audio output - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-09-2015, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question USB Audio Reader with audio output

Greetings.

I have MANY older flash drives that I'd like to use for music. With car stereos and the such coming with USB ports, it makes sense that I'm not the only one seeing that old 8 gig flash drive as a music holder.

I'm looking for a device - probably about the size of a 4-pack of AA batteries - which would have a USB jack on one side and a 1/8" audio jack on the other. It should be internally (battery) powered, but you could also have a power input jack on it as well. Basically, the box would have no outward cables (they'd all be separate).

It would have to have a forward and a back control, as well as a play/pause. The output volume could be line level only.

I've seen these readers built into FM transmitters for the car (bought several years back... photo attached), but I don't want to use it as a transmitted signal - I'd rather have it so that I could plug it into my car stereo's aux input or I could use it to play music through a PA system.

Basically, I'm looking for a portable MP3 player with a USB jack for external storage... does anyone know of a unit that accomplishes this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mp3-Car-FM-Radio-Transmitter--5-12-X1-77-X1-18--_56865911.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	931906   Click image for larger version

Name:	player head.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	931914  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-10-2015, 05:27 AM
FMW
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 1710
Here are some.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I'm the proud owner of a Micca Speck, which does appear on FMW's link above. It's made primarily for HDMI output, but it does have an analog "AV" jack. It's not self-powered, but is so small that you could put it and a 4xAAA battery clip into another box, and not be much larger than a clip of AA batteries. It has USB for flash drives and a SD card port. I have a lot of leftover SD cards too.

The problem that I see is in controlling the thing. If you're driving, I don't think it would be too safe to try to operate any of those tiny radios, any more than it's safe to operate a smart phone while driving. Good luck though!

You get what you pay for.  For professional advice, pay the professional rate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Tags
input , mp3 , music , player , portable

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page