HiFi CD/Cassette combo player - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-12-2018, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello, I’m looking for a HiFi CD & Cassette combo player that’s around or shorter than 9cm (3.5 inches) tall. It is going to be connected on an AV receiver with zone-2 dedicated speakers so there’s no need for it to have built in speakers. Actually, a sleek speakerless design would be preferred. I understand that the height limitation might be what prevents me from finding one but I thought I’d give it a try.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-13-2018, 03:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked: 644
that's going to be hard to find. Given the size of a cassette and the door for loading it the 3.5 inches is going to be almost impossible to meet. The only one I found reference to was a TEAC AD-850 and it's available, but is 5.7 inches tall.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
post #3 of 3 Old 10-14-2018, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
that's going to be hard to find. Given the size of a cassette and the door for loading it the 3.5 inches is going to be almost impossible to meet. The only one I found reference to was a TEAC AD-850 and it's available, but is 5.7 inches tall.
Yeah to be honest I was hoping that maybe something that loads sideways(like the ones in cars used to load) exists but that is seriously so close to what I’m looking for. I’ll try to see if I can do something about the space. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page