Does Anyone Know What A Philips Double Cassette Deck FC315X Is? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-23-2019, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Does Anyone Know What A Philips Double Cassette Deck FC315X Is?

Recently I've been given a cassette tape from my friend to record on. Yes, the tabs are still on the tape, and I have a 3.5mm jack from my laptop going to the cassette deck as RCA red & white in the "in" ports. I press play on the cassette deck, and press record, nothing lights up in response to me pressing the record button. I rewound the tape to see if the record light just wasn't working, and still, no. the song I wanted wasn't playing. I've looked online, and I've turned up with absolutely nothing. The only thing I found was a site for a replacement part. I say part because there's literally only one part for it on that whole site. If anyone has ever used an FC315X, help me out a bit here, or if anyone has a user manual for it, please send it to me. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-24-2019, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 12770
Are you pressing play and record at the same time? (you should be)

Make me grow brainiac fingers, but with more hair!
post #3 of 5 Old 02-24-2019, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post
Are you pressing play and record at the same time? (you should be)
I wasn't last night, but I did so just now. Again, nothing happened.

It's weird because this deck was bought by my grandparents, and they gave it to me so I cant expect that its in any rough condition. I don't see any physical damage on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-24-2019, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 502
It MIGHT be a lot "similar" to the fol. Philips FC650 Double Cassette Deck, [FREE?] Registration allow you to download SERVICE MANUAL:
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...ps/fc650.shtml

Some decks will refuse to Record on Hi-End, i.e. "Metal" Tapes....didja try a "Regular" Cassette Tape??? Or perhaps there is a button to select Hi-End "Metal" Tape. Alternatively, you MAY be using a "Regular" Cassette Tape and it balks at the incompatibility....so you need to take it OUT of Metal mode. [BTW: FC315K, like FC911, may do Tape Type Automatically and hence would NOT have a manual "Tape Type" selection capability.]

I suppose it also possible that TOO many tabs have been broken off....some of them are for Automatically identifying which TYPE of Tape has been inserted. Couldn't find Owner's Manual for YOUR Dual Cassette, but it is likely very similar to fol. for Philips FC911...although missing some of the bells and whistles:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...?page=5#manual

Last edited by holl_ands; 02-24-2019 at 03:09 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-25-2019, 02:42 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked: 12770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce The Fox View Post
I wasn't last night, but I did so just now. Again, nothing happened.

It's weird because this deck was bought by my grandparents, and they gave it to me so I cant expect that its in any rough condition. I don't see any physical damage on it.
Prior, when you hit 'play' by itself before pressing 'record', the tape should have started to spin/play. Did it? A while back I took my cassette deck out of moth balls because I found a cassette I wanted to digitize. The deck didn't work because the rubber drive belt(s) were disintegrated - it had sat for a long time.

Make me grow brainiac fingers, but with more hair!

Last edited by PooperScooper; 02-25-2019 at 02:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page