Digital audio player and WiFi streaming - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-22-2019, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Digital audio player and WiFi streaming

So I’m looking at a digital music player, and what’s holding me back is a very strange question someone might know the answer to.

On a digital audio player that’s able to stream through WiFi, are you able to connect to public WiFi that would normally have a acknowledgement screen? For example, at my gym there is WiFi, and my phone can connect by going to a page that accepts terms, but could a pioneer xdp 300r or similar do that? Another example would be perhaps the airport where you have to accept terms of service.

If not, there isn’t any point to me getting one with WiFi, as I’d never be streaming from my home network, and I would look for less expensive units.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, I just haven’t been able to find an answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-23-2019, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 178
I would think the only requirement for connecting to a public Wifi source with an acknowledgement page is a device with a web browser (like your phone). That pioneer you inquired about is an Android based device with a host of apps already there, including Chrome. It's basically a smart phone without the phone part, and a fancy audio amp circuitry. So I don't see why you couldn't get to an acknowledgement page.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/e...rmanual_en.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page