Cambridge Dac magic plus & Denon DVD-2200 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-16-2019, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Cambridge Dac magic plus & Denon DVD-2200

I have 2 DVD/CD/SACD players in my 2 channel system, one is a Denon DVD-2200 and a Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi.

I recently purchased a Cambridge Dac Magic plus DAC to see what all the DAC hype was and can not figure out why the DAC works fine with the Denon DVD-2200, but will not function with the Pioneer elite , same digital connections used, same RCA output cables, both players are set up the same via on screen settings for 2 channel playback.

The Cambridge shows the incoming sample rate, all filters work , headphones work , can use the Cambridge either as a pre amp or ran through my Adcom pre amp with the Denon DVD-2200 player.

But will not function with the Pioneer DV-59AVi player in any way, I am stumped.

Any suggestions or experience with the Cambridge DAC's would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-16-2019, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Be certain the Pioneer's digital output is set to "On" in the setup menu (see page 63 in the user manual below).

Try both coaxial and optical connections.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p...20DV-59AVi.pdf

Music room: Cary SLI-80 tube integrated amplifier, McIntosh MA6500 integrated amplifier, Quad 99 preamp, Quad 909 power amp, Acoustic Research AR9 loudspeakers, Yamaha CD-N500 CD player, Teac UD-503 DSD DAC, Phase Linear 8000II linear-tracking turntable.
Theater room: Panasonic 65S60 plasma television; Yamaha RX-A2020 (preamp section); Adcom GFA-5503 and GFA-5400 amplifiers; Polk LSi25, LSiC, and LSiF/X loudspeaker system; Velodyne FSR-18 servo-subwoofer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page