CD playback issues through DAC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-28-2019, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 9
CD playback issues through DAC

I have 2 DVD/CD/SACD players in my 2 channel system, one is a Denon DVD-2200 and a Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi.

I recently purchased a Cambridge Dac Magic plus DAC to see what all the DAC hype was and can not figure out why the DAC works fine with the Denon DVD-2200, but will not function with the Pioneer elite , same digital connections used, same RCA output cables, both players are set up the same via on screen settings for 2 channel playback.

The Cambridge shows the incoming sample rate, all filters work , headphones work , can use the Cambridge either as a pre amp or ran through my Adcom pre amp with the Denon DVD-2200 player.

But will not function with the Pioneer DV-59AVi player in any way, I am stumped.

Any suggestions or experience with the Cambridge DAC's would be greatly appreciated!!

Also let me add, I have done all the proper Digital setup in both CD players setup programs , Digital outputs are set,
Both CD players run normal also without the DAC in the equation, only issue is getting the Pioneer Elite to function through the DAC as the Denon player has no issue with.

Last edited by pizzano; 08-28-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-28-2019, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 9
NM after chasing this on/off for a couple weeks,

I figured it out , on the Pioneer Elite CD player in order for the digital outputs to work ,the PURE AUDIO function on the front of the player needs to be "off" (light off), well this whole time the light was off, so I assumed it was not engaged, well I guess my simpleton mind did not figure the light bulb for the PURE signal would be burnt out, replaced the bulb (although all I had to do was just push the button again), but I am kind of anal and want things to function as they should.

All works going through the DAC now.

Something so damn simple!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page