In search for a small multi-CD player - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By glangford

post #1 of 3 Old 09-04-2019, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question In search for a small multi-CD player

I still have thousands of CDs and would like to buy a good but not expensive CD player that can hold multiple CDs. I have a shelf space problem and the player couldn't have more than 28cm (11'') deep. I used to have a small multi-CD player in my car, but now I can't find a small one in the online shops. Does this product exist?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-05-2019, 03:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 656
You best bet would be to rip your CDs and use a small media player, even an ipod or an integrated or receiver that can play files from USB. Most blu ray players can do this, but in today's world most blu ray players have dropped analog connections and you need to use hdmi connections to a receiver or integrated wtih HDMI (which are becoming more common. The Sony x1000ES and 1100 models can play from USB and you can use an iphone app to navigate the drive and they have retained two channel analog connections.
zeuspaul likes this.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
post #3 of 3 Old 09-06-2019, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 359
The small-frame CD changers were the ones that used cartridges. The two primary competing systems were Sony- or Pioneer based. With other brands you could tell which it was by the type of cartridge it used. The small footprint was nice, but many felt it was a hassle changing discs in and out of the cartridges.

The Nakamichi Music Bank player were another, totally different system. It used no cartridges but front-loaded the discs in a single drawer and internally stacked the discs vertically. The MB-1, 2, 3, and 4 models were notoriously unreliable (ask me how I know). The later MB-10 would probably be a better option.

With any of these, you’ll have to ebay a used one.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Equipment List
"A nice mid-fi system," according to an audiophile acquaintance.

Reviews and Tech Articles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Tags
multi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page