Is "Fulfillment by Amazon" 3rd party vendor an "Authorized Dealer"? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 10-04-2019, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Question Is "Fulfillment by Amazon" 3rd party vendor an "Authorized Dealer"?

Hi Everyone,

My senior parents want to buy a couple Bose Wave IV's. Full price from Bose is $499. I see on Amazon there are many for sale by 3rd party vendors for about $375. Some of these 3rd party vendors are "Fulfillment by Amazon" vendors. For those types of vendors, does that automatically mean they are official authorized Bose dealers? I am asking because I want to be sure the manufacturer's warranty will be valid. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-05-2019, 03:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 656
I would look up the list of authorized vendors from the Bose site, and if that vendor is authorized then no problem. I might hesitate if they are not on the list and go elsewhere.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
post #3 of 12 Old 10-05-2019, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
I would look up the list of authorized vendors from the Bose site, and if that vendor is authorized then no problem. I might hesitate if they are not on the list and go elsewhere.
Yeah, I hear you. I don't know if it's my computer but when I go to the Bose authorized dealer webpage, it doesn't show ANY dealers on it.
I tried with Chrome and with Firefox and it's the same thing either way. Do you see any dealers on this webpage?
https://www.bose.com/en_us/landing_p...ed_dealer.html

Also, I talked to an Amazon customer service person he said that, regardless of what product you buy from Amazon, if the 3rd party seller offers "Fulfillment by Amazon" service, the seller is an Authorized Dealer of the brand they are selling. But, I'm still skeptical of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-06-2019, 01:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraya77 View Post
Yeah, I hear you. I don't know if it's my computer but when I go to the Bose authorized dealer webpage, it doesn't show ANY dealers on it.
I tried with Chrome and with Firefox and it's the same thing either way. Do you see any dealers on this webpage?
https://www.bose.com/en_us/landing_p...ed_dealer.html

Also, I talked to an Amazon customer service person he said that, regardless of what product you buy from Amazon, if the 3rd party seller offers "Fulfillment by Amazon" service, the seller is an Authorized Dealer of the brand they are selling. But, I'm still skeptical of that.
I didn't see anything either. I did find this on their site.

Quote:
Contact us to inquire whether a dealer is authorized. If you reside in the US, call 1-800-999-2673, or email us at [email protected]. If you reside outside the US, go to Bose Worldwide to find your country's contact information. A Bose representative will check the name of the dealer or website from which you are considering a purchase and let you know whether it's an authorized Bose dealer.
I checked all the amazon resellers on amazon of the bose wave iv system. None of them have their own store, they are just amazon marketplace sellers. Highly suspicious. If you want it that bad, I'd just shell out MSRP and buy from someone you know is authorized. Most of those sellers are probably 'grey market' sellers. But you can call above to find out.

Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650

Last edited by glangford; 10-06-2019 at 02:14 AM.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-06-2019, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Authorized, or not, the ONLY way I’d buy from a 3rd party vendor on Amazon is if it was fulfilled by Amazon.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-06-2019, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 550
If you contact Bose I suggest doing so via email so that you have their reply in writing.

Music room: Cary SLI-80 tube integrated amplifier, McIntosh MA6500 integrated amplifier, Quad 99 preamp, Quad 909 power amp, Acoustic Research AR9 loudspeakers, Yamaha CD-N500 CD player, Teac UD-503 DSD DAC, Phase Linear 8000II linear-tracking turntable.
Theater room: Panasonic 65S60 plasma television; Yamaha RX-A2020 (preamp section); Adcom GFA-5503 and GFA-5400 amplifiers; Polk LSi25, LSiC, and LSiF/X loudspeaker system; Velodyne FSR-18 servo-subwoofer.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-06-2019, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Guys.

crn: Agreed.

Glangford: Yeah, I too am suspicious that they are grey market sellers.

Alex: Yes, I did email Bose and asked them to email me a list or give me the link to a list of their Authorized Dealers. I also said in the email that the Bose "Authorized Dealer" webpage is blank. Hopefully, they will get back to me. If they do get back to me, I will let you guys know what they say.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-07-2019, 03:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, Guys.

crn: Agreed.

Glangford: Yeah, I too am suspicious that they are grey market sellers.

Alex: Yes, I did email Bose and asked them to email me a list or give me the link to a list of their Authorized Dealers. I also said in the email that the Bose "Authorized Dealer" webpage is blank. Hopefully, they will get back to me. If they do get back to me, I will let you guys know what they say.
Please do. They aren't the only ones whose authorized dealers list is hard to fine, particularly those companies who also have their own store front.

post #9 of 12 Old 10-08-2019, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Bose emailed me back with the following list of Authorized Dealers. Here is what they sent me:

Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to us, and I'm glad to know that you're interested to buy our products. Also, I understand that you want to know our authorized resellers in the US so let me help with you that.

For your reference, below is the list of our authorized resellers:

2001 Stereo Systems (Futuretronics)
A-1 Appliance & Electronics
A Tech Easy Livinbg
ABC Warehouse
ABT Electronics
Accurate Audio Video
Adorama
American TV & Appliance
Apple Computer
Audio Craft Co. Inc.
Audio Video Innovators
B & H Photo
Baillios
Beach Sales Inc.
Belmont TV
Best Buy
Bill Smith
Bjorn's Audio Video
BJ's Wholesale Club
Brandsmart USA
Camera Stop Video & TV
Carey's Electronics
Circuit City (Online Only)
CompUSA (Online Only)
Computer Stores Northwest
Computer Supercenter
Conn Appliances
Costco
Crutchfield
Dell
Dyckman Electronics Center, Inc.
Electronic Expo
Electronics Express
Flint Audio Video
Fred Meyer
Fry's Electronics
Futuretronics
Great Northern Stereo Warehouse
Greenlaws Music & Audio
Guitar Center
HH Gregg
Home Appliance
Home Entertainment Systems
HP Shopping
Huppin's Hi Fi Photo & Video
Incentive Concepts
J & R Music
J D Enterprises Thrilling Audio
Jetson's
King's Great Buys Plus
Las Fabricas
Microcenter
Military Sales & Service
Musicians Friend
Nebraska Furniture Mart
New Orleans Audio
Newegg, Inc.
NFM
P C Richard & Son
Paul's TV
Percy's
Pieratt's
Prime Time
Radio Shack
R C Willey
Risley's Electronic Inc.
Royal Home Entertainment
Saks Fifth Avenue
Sam's Club
Schaefer's TV & Appliance
Sears
Sharper Image
Smarthome
Spencer's TV & Appliance
Standard TV & Appliance
State Street Discount
Stereo Advantage
Stereo First by Bemis
Stereo North
Superco Audio Video
Systemax
Target
Tekserve Corporation
The Superstore Electronics
Tigerdirect
The Big Screen Store
Universe Electronics
Van Vreede's Corporation
Vann's Appliance & Electronics
Verizon
Video Only
Wizard Electronics
Your Electronic Warehouse

I hope this helps. Have a great day and take care!

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Angelo
Product and Technical Support Team
-------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation
US Service Telephone: (800)-367-4008
CA Service Telephone: (800)-465-2673
US Sales Telephone: (800)-444-2673
CA Sales Telephone: (800)-869-2114
International Tel: (508)-766-1099
Phone Hours: M-F: 9AM-9PM/Sat 9AM-7PM EST
post #10 of 12 Old 10-08-2019, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Just referenced a half-dozen "Fulfilment by Amazon" sellers against the above list. None of them are on the list. So, it looks like what the Amazon customer service rep told me was wrong. I guess they are grey market sellers.
post #11 of 12 Old 10-08-2019, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

I just got an email from another Bose customer service rep where is he talking about Amazon:

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. Don't worry, I'd be glad to provide help.

I understand that you want to know the authorized dealers on Amazon. Please be advised that the only authorized dealers or resellers in Amazon whos sold Bose products are us (Bose). We can only accommodate the warranty of the products if they have been purchased directly in our listings.

For your reference, here's our own product listings in Amazon: https://********/2jBIJk2

As much as I would love to send you the list of the authorized dealers or resellers on Amazon, I'm afraid that we don't have this kind of list. Please know that any dealers or resellers fulfilled by Amazon is not affiliated with us, since we're the only authorized to sell our product.

Amazon has a different way of determining and validating their vendors. Even though these 3rd party vendors sell Bose products, it doesn't mean their products are counterfeit. There are some instances that they might buy it from a different point of purchase to sell. But to protect the warranty of the product, we highly recommend to always purchase it directly from us.

Your kind understanding of this matter is highly appreciated. I hope this makes everything better for you.

Thank you for reaching Bose Corporation.

Mikee

Product and Technical Support Team

-------------------------------------------------

Bose Corporation

US Service Telephone: (800)-367-4008

CA Service Telephone: (800)-465-2673

US Sales Telephone: (800)-444-2673

CA Sales Telephone: (800)-869-2114

International Tel: (508)-766-1099

Phone Hours: M-F: 9AM-9PM/Sat 9AM-7PM EST
post #12 of 12 Old 10-08-2019, 03:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 5433 Post(s)
Liked: 3561
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

My senior parents want to buy a couple Bose Wave IV's. Full price from Bose is $499. I see on Amazon there are many for sale by 3rd party vendors for about $375. Some of these 3rd party vendors are "Fulfillment by Amazon" vendors. For those types of vendors, does that automatically mean they are official authorized Bose dealers? I am asking because I want to be sure the manufacturer's warranty will be valid. Thanks!
FYI anyone can sell something on Amazon and have it be fullfillment by Amazon. That only means that you, as a seller, pack and send your product to amazon to ship. Then it's fullfilled by them and shipped prime. It doesn't give any more credence to the actual product, itself. In fact, a seller is probably screened more if they are not fullfilled by Amazon. In those cases, amazon has to trust you enough that you will ship the product and not generate a bunch of complaints due to not shipping the products paid for through Amazon. Fullfillment by Amazon is much less risk for Amazon because they have the product and control if/when it gets shipped.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page