Multi-disc CD Player System Recommendations? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-18-2019, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Multi-disc CD Player System Recommendations?

Hey guys, I know nothing about audio, I don't listen to music and have never been a big audio guy for movies. Oddly, I married a women who LOVES music. However, she is not an audio aficionado, sound quality doesn't mean all that much, as long as she has her tunes pumping out. She also isn't huge on new music, she loves her "old" stuff....it makes me cringe but she's a boy band fanatic.

Now despite my efforts to get her to digitize her extensive CD library she still just loves popping in her CDs, she still likes having those stacks to sort through. Now although she loves her CDs, she also plays music off her iphone. She rarely buys new CDs, but has no significant desire to switch her old ones over. New music is usually purchased through itunes. She hasn't yet gotten into spotify or any streaming services. We do have a prime account we could use.

With all that said, her 6 CD player recently died and she wants something new for Christmas. I'm hoping you guys can help me find something that brings her into the modern age, while still letting her play her CDs.

We have a big house to ideally a system that would let her play the music throughout the house. I don't want to just blast it from the main floor so secondary speakers would be great. It's an old historic home so I won't be running and cables, it would have to be wireless.

Budget is flexible, around $500. Any recommendations would be very appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-18-2019, 09:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenny View Post
Hey guys, I know nothing about audio, I don't listen to music and have never been a big audio guy for movies. Oddly, I married a women who LOVES music. However, she is not an audio aficionado, sound quality doesn't mean all that much, as long as she has her tunes pumping out. She also isn't huge on new music, she loves her "old" stuff....it makes me cringe but she's a boy band fanatic.

Now despite my efforts to get her to digitize her extensive CD library she still just loves popping in her CDs, she still likes having those stacks to sort through. Now although she loves her CDs, she also plays music off her iphone. She rarely buys new CDs, but has no significant desire to switch her old ones over. New music is usually purchased through itunes. She hasn't yet gotten into spotify or any streaming services. We do have a prime account we could use.

With all that said, her 6 CD player recently died and she wants something new for Christmas. I'm hoping you guys can help me find something that brings her into the modern age, while still letting her play her CDs.

We have a big house to ideally a system that would let her play the music throughout the house. I don't want to just blast it from the main floor so secondary speakers would be great. It's an old historic home so I won't be running and cables, it would have to be wireless.

Budget is flexible, around $500. Any recommendations would be very appreciated!
Let me get this straight...you want wireless powered speakers for the main floor and a secondary 'zone'.
You will also probably need an AVR (2 zones) and a 5-disc cd carousel player.

I'm thinking you are going to need a lot more than $500.

(Main)-Marantz 6012*Outlaw Audio M2200*Rythmik F12 subs*Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
******Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)-Assassin HTPC (movies).
(Bedroom)-Marantz SR5003*Paradigm Studio 40,SE Center,SE One*SVS SB-2000 subs*Sony S6200
(Music room)-Outlaw Audio RR2150*Sierra Two ribbon speakers*Rythmik L12 sub*Yamaha CDR-HD1500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page