How to display playlist on the Marantz cd 6006 for flash drive? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-29-2019, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How to display playlist on the Marantz cd 6006 for flash drive?

Hi ,

Is there any possibility of have a playlist displayed on the TV for the tracks on the flash drive connected on the USB port in the CD 6006. Also I cannot press any specific track no. while using the usb port although it works while playing cd's. Have to use the forward button to navigate to the particular track for a thumb drive.
The main issue is I have folders & sub folders on the flash drive with no option to navigate with the remote. I use the cd drive & usb port extensively hence need some help here.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-30-2019, 03:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 655
There is no video output for this CD player. You should be able to navigate folders and subfolders with the unit's display. Select folder/enter, then scroll to select subfolder, then select first song and it should play the folder's contents. I suggest maybe rearranging your folder structure to get rid of subfolders. I just use folders and each folder is an album.

If you want at TV display I'd sugget a BD player that plays music from USB. I don't like to do that as my TV is an OLED and I don't want screen burn in from static images.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
post #3 of 5 Old 10-30-2019, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks a lot glangford for the quick reply. The sound from this unit sounds better than the bluray player which nicely shows the play list on TV which one can see from far. But I guess one can't have everything in life. Can you select & play any track number randomly from the flash drive ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-31-2019, 02:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkan View Post
Thanks a lot glangford for the quick reply. The sound from this unit sounds better than the bluray player which nicely shows the play list on TV which one can see from far. But I guess one can't have everything in life. Can you select & play any track number randomly from the flash drive ?
That I don't know. I'd have to refer you to the manual, but I'd be surprised if it didn't have a a shuffle feature.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
post #5 of 5 Old 10-31-2019, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

It has a shuffle feature at least for cd's. Will try it out for the tracks on a flash drive. Actually the issue is if you are using a flash drive then you cannot play any particular track selectively in the order of your preference.
Thanks anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page