Tuner, CD & MP3 player suggestion? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-25-2019, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Tuner, CD & MP3 player suggestion?

I have a great home theater sound system, but my Anthem MRX 1120 does not have a radio tuner built in. Looking for a dedicated CD player and tuner without having to buy another AVR. What are some good options?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-26-2019, 04:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinrazrback View Post
I have a great home theater sound system, but my Anthem MRX 1120 does not have a radio tuner built in. Looking for a dedicated CD player and tuner without having to buy another AVR. What are some good options?
Are you sure about that. My anthem MRX-520 has a radio tuner. According to the anthem site, the 1120 does as well. (FM only) The picture of the rear clearly shows hook up for a FM antenna. I never listen to local radio and didn't even plug mine into the receiver.

As far as CD players go, there are many options. What is your budget? Your blu ray player (assuming you have one should do an admirable job via the same hdmi connection you have to your receiver. If you truly want a dedicated CD player (connect via RCA connections) look at Marantz they have them that run the gamut of budgets (from a few hundred to about 7000). Are you playing SACD? Then maybe a universal player like the Pioneer LX-500 or Sony's X800M2 or x1100es, all these would connect via hdmi, although the Pio and x1100es have two channel analog available if you desire to connect that way.

So your cost for this is as little as zero by plugging in the FM antenna and selecting FM from the anthem's input selector and using your current blu ray player for CDs).

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650

Last edited by glangford; 12-26-2019 at 04:24 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-01-2020, 08:51 AM

Location: North Shore of central Long Island, NY (Stony Brook)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Are you looking for a CD player and a Tuner (2 devices)? Byw, I Googled Anthem MRX 1120 and a look at the back shows an antenna connection. And, btw, it's called a receiver on Anthem's site! And, since it has HDMI inputs, I would get the Sony ubp-x800m2 player; it supports all audio disc formats as well as video and is only $200.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page