Marantz CD6006 UK Edition - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-20-2020, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Marantz CD6006 UK Edition

Does anyone know if there is any problems with using this player in the U.S.? Currently it is over a hundred dollars cheaper shipped to the U.S. through Amazon.uk and it’s supposed to have slightly better innards than the states version. Here’s a review from WhatHiFi:

https://www.whathifi.com/us/marantz/cd6006-uk-edition/review
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-20-2020, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked: 4099
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhikingboots View Post
Does anyone know if there is any problems with using this player in the U.S.? Currently it is over a hundred dollars cheaper shipped to the U.S. through Amazon.uk and it’s supposed to have slightly better innards than the states version. Here’s a review from WhatHiFi:

https://www.whathifi.com/us/marantz/...edition/review
Don't recommend, different voltages. You'd have to rely on a step-down transformer, hoping it works flawlessly.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

"I watch a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing." - Daniel Lugo
post #3 of 6 Old 01-20-2020, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. When I was researching this, I was doing it on my phone and it was making it difficult to find a definitive answer. I was under the impression that most "modern" electronics can use a large range of voltages. Going on that info I was intrigued by the review on the UK version and was even more intrigued when I could get it shipped here for over a hundred dollars less than buying from an online seller based in the U.S. I'll admit there was a cool factor of having a special UK branded, Japanese CD Player that might actually sound better than it's international counterpart.

Gear Front Stage: Polk LSiM 707s Ctr: LSiM 706c
Srd: LSiM 703s Ht: 700-LS Rears: Cheap Infinity book shelves
Amps: Marantz SR6014 and MM7055
Sony Ubp-X800M2, Xbox, Sony 75" X900F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-21-2020, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. When I was researching this, I was doing it on my phone and it was making it difficult to find a definitive answer. I was under the impression that most "modern" electronics can use a large range of voltages. Going on that info I was intrigued by the review on the UK version and was even more intrigued when I could get it shipped here for over a hundred dollars less than buying from an online seller based in the U.S. I'll admit there was a cool factor of having a special UK branded, Japanese CD Player that might actually sound better than it's international counterpart.
FYI I visited the current US and UK Marantz websites. Both US and UK Edition CD6006 describe the same DAC and headphone amplification. Perhaps you should contact Marantz US to possibly allay any fears of the UK Edition being better. Good luck.

Panasonic TC65CX850U Yamaha RX-V1079 Technics SU-V650 Panasonic DMP-UB900 Sony UBP-X800 Polk Audio SDA-2B

post #5 of 6 Old 01-21-2020, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

The differences in the two models are listed in the article from WhatHiFi. Not much of a difference.
Quote from the article, “ Marantz isn’t particularly forthcoming regarding the internal differences between the standard and UK Edition, but we know they centre on improvements to the power supply of the digital-to-analogue circuitry and upgrades to the analogue output stage.“

Gear Front Stage: Polk LSiM 707s Ctr: LSiM 706c
Srd: LSiM 703s Ht: 700-LS Rears: Cheap Infinity book shelves
Amps: Marantz SR6014 and MM7055
Sony Ubp-X800M2, Xbox, Sony 75" X900F
post #6 of 6 Old 01-21-2020, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The differences in the two models are listed in the article from WhatHiFi. Not much of a difference.
Quote from the article, “ Marantz isn’t particularly forthcoming regarding the internal differences between the standard and UK Edition, but we know they centre on improvements to the power supply of the digital-to-analogue circuitry and upgrades to the analogue output stage.“
After reading seemingly related quotes at an Australian dealer's website, I suspect there's a mix-up here, and reference may be to improvements from CD6005 to CD6006. I suggest again that you contact Marantz US to clarify. Good luck.

FYI:

http://usa.marantz.com/us/ContactUs/...ContactUs.aspx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page