Panasonic DVD player won't play CDs music when TV is turn off - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-30-2020, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Panasonic DVD player won't play CDs music when TV is turn off

Mine Panasonic DVD player won't play CDs whenever my TV is off. It would play CDs when TV is on and right after I turned off the TV the DVD player would automatic turn off itself.

To get a better idea; I hooked up hdmi from the DVD player to the tv for watching DVDs also a rca audio cable from the DVD player to my home stereo system. Now there's no point of having TV on when I just listen to CD right?

Could someone please show me how to figure this out.

Thank you

ML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-31-2020, 03:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclovers2 View Post
Mine Panasonic DVD player won't play CDs whenever my TV is off. It would play CDs when TV is on and right after I turned off the TV the DVD player would automatic turn off itself.

To get a better idea; I hooked up hdmi from the DVD player to the tv for watching DVDs also a rca audio cable from the DVD player to my home stereo system. Now there's no point of having TV on when I just listen to CD right?

Could someone please show me how to figure this out.

Thank you

ML
If the DVD player cut itself off after cutting off the TV you have CEC enabled. CEC controls other devices from your TV through HDMI, so if you cut one on you cut them all one, or visa versa for off.

Disable CEC in your player and TV settings. Also check the manual for the player. Does it have both outputs HDMI and analog active at once? Some players don't and it's one or the other.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
post #3 of 6 Old 05-31-2020, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your help, it's sounds very logical. Will try it later and keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-31-2020, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Glangford,

I also have another DVD player question for you sir. This is my different system. So I'm using the old vintage receiver, in order to get sounds from the TV to receiver. I have to use the digital to analogy converter since my receiver doesn't have the Hdmi port.

From TV I'm running Optical cable into the digital to analogy converter and the other end of converter I'm running audio rca into my receiver. Sounds from TV working perfectly with the receiver, and here comes my main question about the DVD player.

Since most of new DVD player the back connections have only Hdmi and coaxial plugs in. So
post #5 of 6 Old 05-31-2020, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Ops I accidentally clicked on post while typing on my little phone..

Continue..

Back of my DVD player I connect Hdmi into the TV port for (watching DVDs) ... also back of the DVD player I connected the coaxial port into my digital to analogy converter coaxial port for (CD listening). Now when l play CD for music listening with TV OFF its works fine but when the TV ON there are no music sounds from the CD player.. The only way I can get audio sounds from the DVD is unplugged coaxial and if I do so I can't get CD audio. How do I get DVD and CD both to work the it should be?

Could someone please help me out on these issues.

Thank you
ML
post #6 of 6 Old 06-01-2020, 02:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 777
If I understand correctly on your other system you run HDMI to the TV and optical (Or coaxial not sure you use both terms) to a dac then use RCA to your receiver.

this sentence confuses me:

Quote:
The only way I can get audio sounds from the DVD is unplugged coaxial and if I do so I can't get CD audio.
So I assume here you are talking about watching a DVD on the TV and you can't get sound unless you unplug the coaxial? Are you talking about getting sound from the TV speakers?

I'm not sure what you mean but this sounds like a classic example of the player only allowing one output at a time active. With the TV off HDMI is inactive so it allows RCA output. With the TV on the player does a HDMI handshake and that output is the active audio channel. Go into the player settings and see if you can disable HDMI audio. That should be an option so that you could watch a movie and listen to the movie through RCA and your receiver and speakers.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page