Insignia - Tabletop HD Radio - Black $34.99 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-10-2017, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Insignia - Tabletop HD Radio - Black $34.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia...?skuId=4888900

I don't really need another radio, but at this price I might just get another one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-12-2017, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
I don't really need another radio, but at this price I might just get another one!
You should get it. It looks really nice! I have the older version of that same radio, NS-HDRAD. But I'm letting my mom keep that once as I take my smaller SPARC Portable HD Radio with me up north to Gainesville.

Owner of a SPARC SHD-TX2 Portable HD Radio with Miami - Fort Lauderdale stations (along with an Insiginia Tabletop HD Radio, temporarily).

Roly Ortega - https://about.me/itsroly (@itsRoly4266 | E-mail: [email protected])
Writer and blogposter of "The Changing Newscasts Blog" and "Public Media Fans" (PM me on where to find either service)
post #3 of 3 Old 12-24-2018, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased an Insignia model HDRAD2 tabletop HD radio last year at Christmas time. I got it for my wife to use in the kitchen. She and I both have been very pleased with it.

Pros: twin 3" speakers, stereo sound, excellent channel sensitivity, compact size, dual AC / DC power capability, many preset channel locations, switches between regular and HD signals automatically.

Cons: Display is small and dim, control markings are impossible to see as they are black on black, uses battery power even when AC adapter is attached and providing power so it drains batteries when they are installed for backup power., loses settings during power failure, no AM capability.

Don't let the long list of cons fool you. We do really like this radio. I believe there is nothing in the retail market that can come close to matching it especially for the performance you receive at the price you pay.

I browse a local Best Buy retail store three to four times a year. The store receives about ten radios when they reorder and the stock sells out pretty quickly.

If you are like me and don't have a vehicle equipped with a HD radio there is no better way to discover HD than to purchase this product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page