• 1 Post By holl_ands

post #1 of 7 Old 02-10-2018, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 39
HD/Wifi Radio

I am looking around to buy a new radio for the house. Is there, or has there ever been, a combination HD/Wifi radio? I am anticipating that there hasn't because they are competing formats, but maybe there is, or was, one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-16-2018, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2336 Post(s)
Liked: 4445
Seems like there were a couple of higher-end receivers that did both. But I think you're looking for a table radio, right?

Most HD radio stations stream, now, so if data isn't an issue, I'd think a streaming radio would access both sets of programming just fine. Don't know because I don't own one. I have an old phone I jack in to the whole-house music system. Same for a BA HD Radio.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-16-2018, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Liked: 528
Apparently only in high-end AVR's:
https://hdradio.com/get-a-radio
DrDon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-26-2018, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I picked up a Yamaha AVR from www.accessories4less.com with a HD-Radio and WiFi. They go fast, but you can sign up to get notified when they are available.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-26-2018, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 39
HD/Wifi Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonk View Post
I picked up a Yamaha AVR...
Which one did you get?
post #6 of 7 Old 02-26-2018, 11:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
I am looking around to buy a new radio for the house. Is there, or has there ever been, a combination HD/Wifi radio? I am anticipating that there hasn't because they are competing formats, but maybe there is, or was, one.
Like you, I was looking for this as well, at a REASONABLE Price. And I wanted a Tabletop/Clock Radio/Transferable to places like the beach, etc...

I had to make some compromises, since to find EXACTLY what I am looking for, does not exist. Here are the best options I found. One found on EBay, and one found on Amazon(these are both the cheapest places I could find them).

Now the first one DOES NOT have HD Radio capability, but it is a GREAT Tabletop radio, and has FM/AM, and a DIRECT CONNECTION for either an older 30 pin Apple Iphone(up to a 4s), or any of the newer iphones with a lightening connector. So this allows STREAMING from any app on the Iphone/Ipad(TuneIn Radio/IHeart/SiriusXM/etc...). Audio from pretty much any app. Plus, since the phone "sits" on the connection it is not only transferring the audio to the radio, it is constantly being CHARGED/RE-CHARGED which is nice. And it has an external AM Radio Antenna, a Single Wire FM Antenna, a AUX Input(3.5mm plug), 20 FM Presets/10 AM Presets. It is a really good radio for the bedroom. Comes with a remote as well. Here is a link to it on EBay, where it can be found for the cheapest price USED. Just make sure it has all it's accesories if/when you buy it, and I WOULD NOT pay any more than $30 for it(shipping included). But that is me. I do not think it is worth anymore than that. But you will see some people are asking INSANE prices for it because, it is, UNIQUE/ONE OF A KIND:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...15IPN&_sacat=0

The next one, can be found at AMAZON for just a little over $100. It has built in HD RADIO/FM/AM/WeatherBand/Bluetooth/Aux in/And I "think" a USB connection for CHARGING a phone/Pad while PLUGGED IN/Can be run on Batteries if you take it to the Beach or elsewhere, or the power goes out.

It is the SPARC SHD-ITR2BT.

I DO NOT have this radio. I ordered it about 2-3 weeks ago from AMAZON, but have not gotten it yet. If I do not get it in the next few weeks, I will cancel my order. It seems like they have a VERY LIMITED SUPPLY of these available, and when they get them, they go quickly. Or they may not have them at all anymore.

I will know more in a few weeks from Amazon. It is available there for just over $102/with shipping. But it states it takes 1-4 weeks to ship. I am on the start of WEEK 3, and it STILL has not SHIPPED. They may not have it. But I will give it at least 2-3 weeks since I am in no hurry.

This radio comes the ABSOLUTE CLOSEST of what you want, at a reasonable cost:

https://sparcradio.com/product/shd-itr2bt/

The above is a link to it's Website home. Type in the Radio's product name/tag at Amazon, and it will come up. Read about what it can do. It has an online manual available. It may suit your needs.

Good Luck.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-27-2018, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1348 View Post
which one did you get?
rx-a1040
Sponsored Links
Advertisement