Radio Stations and Programs you like? Also are they on the internet? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-24-2020, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Radio Stations and Programs you like? Also are they on the internet?

This is a thread for discussion and suggestions for RADIO Stations and programs you like to listen to. Also, if possible indicate if other people can hear them on the internet, either live and/or on demand. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-24-2020, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

For Big Band sounds I like KSER(dot)org 90.7 FM in Everett, WA. Especially 9 A.M. pacific time Saturdays and for two-weeks thereafter "On-Demand" program Big Band Bandstand. Also, ditto 10 a.m. Saturday etc. program USAF Airman of Note. Public radio.

For Jazz KNKX FM HD1 and HD2 from Tacoma, WA USA and on internet. Jazz 24/7 is the hd2 subchannel. Public radio.

For years on internet and TuneIn I have listened to WWOZ FM community radio of New Orleans, Louisiana USA. Jazz, blues, cajun etc.

KEXP-FM-HD Seattle, WA washington state USA. Also on internet. Hip and cool.

KIXI AM 880 Mercer Island WA also simulcast on a FM HD3 from Bremerton, WA. As cool now as it was then. Oldies. Also on internet.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2020, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

For folks in internet-land that might be curious about the local Seattle alternative music scene in year 2020 try the stream of 107.7 KNDD-FM-HD1 Seattle. Especially the program "Locals Only" at 8 p.m. pacific each Sunday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2020, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Other FM Public Radio stations of interest include:

KUVO Denver, Colorado usa

WRTI Temple University in Philadelphia, PA.

They have plenty of jazz. WRTI also has classical.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2020, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
KSER sounds interesting. I’ll have to see whether I can get an internet stream from them.

KLO in the Salt Lake City area plays old-time radio programs for an hour or two each night. I can receive their AM transmission fairly well after sunset. They offer an internet stream, but generally I can’t get it to play. I don’t love streaming radio anyway, as compared to actual radio, and I can’t afford streaming data anyway.

I like jazz, and KJZZ here plays jazz on their HD-2 channel. They also produce a local jazz program that they play on HD-1 in the evenings. They are an NPR station, and they stream both their HD-1 (which is talk other than the evening jazz program and a weekly blues program) and HD-2 channels on the internet.

I also like NHL hockey, and all the Arizona Coyotes’ games are on local radio. AM 910 broadcasts them and they used to broadcast in HD, but they power down at night. The good part is that KESZ FM broadcasts all the games (live) on their HD-2 channel. During the sports shutdown, they were broadcasting previous-season games in lieu of the cancelled games. That was neat. They don’t stream the NHL games, of course. You need an NHL account for that.

There’s an interesting station in Tucson that’s locally owned and operated that I like. I can hear their AM broadcast on 830 AM (KDRI) during the day west of Phoenix. At night they power down so KLAA overpowers them. They stream over the internet, though. The music skews a bit older than I am, but the DJs are entertaining.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-26-2020, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page