Beware of Monoprice Cables - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 03-26-2011, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoko2 View Post

Give it time.

I don't follow this:

1) Give it time and the rest will have problems?

Or

2) Give it time and this will go away?

For the record, I do believe that it's ok to leave negative feedback, rip a company either by word of mouth or in a forum like this. Just take the due steps prior to that. You read my posts as an angry guy, I'm quite the opposite. I just feel the OP went overboard himself with the way he handled it. But I guess everyone is entitled to there level of expectations a company should have and there tolerance for that company's faults. I wonder how he handles his screw ups, professional and/or personal? My bet is he doesn't screw up. Not that he's perfect, though don't tell him that, it's just some other person's wrong doing.

btw, I slept great last night, thanks for your concern

dbl

Let's all go to the lobby
....Let's all go to the lobby
........Let's all go to the lobby
............To get ourselves a treat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 03-26-2011, 09:49 AM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Strange thread. The guy got a bum cable, posted his experience on Monoprice, rightfully so, and is getting lambasted for it?

If no one ever went and posted a negative review one would think the cables were all perfect. BTW, it's 1 review out of 11, the rest are mainly positive. Sure, maybe he should have waited until they returned his product, but so what. Monoprice is a big company, they do have some negative reviews but are swamped with positive ones. At the price they sell cables at, I'm surprised there aren't more QC issues, though, maybe there are some more and most people are not posting the negative reviews either. I'd rather see them, and then see that they were dealt with accordingly (maybe the OP can update his review with their great CS).

He also mentioned in his review that he's purchased many cables and this is the first time he's had an issue and still reco's Monoprice. Nothing wrong with that.

As for his title, I agree it may be a little harsh, but those of us with the RCA to XLR cables are rightfully noted to take heed that there may be an issue with it and it may be a good idea to test the pins given both he and Bsoko appear to have had issues.

I think I also had phase issues back when I used those cables, and now will likely check them as I still use two for my MiniDSP to my QSC5050.

My DIY Subs ... https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

post #63 of 67 Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 AM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhillsguy View Post

Just as a heads up...........

I just purchased on of these adapters to connect a qsc pro amp to my AVR. Initially I got no sound. Using a VOM I found xlr pins 2 and 3 were both connected to the RCA center pin.....say what?

So exactly how does one go about testing the pins? I'm not an expert by any means with a VOM.

Thx

My DIY Subs ... https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 67 Old 03-26-2011, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 80
And on the 5 cables I got:

Amp XLR is - #1 pin is ground, #2 pin is negative, #3 pin is hot.

Cable XLR wired - #1 pin is black, #2 pin is copper, #3 pin is white.

XLR (as per amp) to RCA wire connection:

the 2 pin (neg) & 3 pin (hot) were connected to the outer ring of the RCA cable with the 1 pin (ground) to the center pin of the RCA cable. These conections caused my reciever to display (when calibratiing) "out of phase".
post #65 of 67 Old 03-26-2011, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1354 Post(s)
Liked: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc View Post

Strange thread. The guy got a bum cable, posted his experience on Monoprice, rightfully so, and is getting lambasted for it?

If no one ever went and posted a negative review one would think the cables were all perfect. BTW, it's 1 review out of 11, the rest are mainly positive. Sure, maybe he should have waited until they returned his product, but so what. Monoprice is a big company, they do have some negative reviews but are swamped with positive ones. At the price they sell cables at, I'm surprised there aren't more QC issues, though, maybe there are some more and most people are not posting the negative reviews either. I'd rather see them, and then see that they were dealt with accordingly (maybe the OP can update his review with their great CS).

He also mentioned in his review that he's purchased many cables and this is the first time he's had an issue and still reco's Monoprice. Nothing wrong with that.

As for his title, I agree it may be a little harsh, but those of us with the RCA to XLR cables are rightfully noted to take heed that there may be an issue with it and it may be a good idea to test the pins given both he and Bsoko appear to have had issues.

I think I also had phase issues back when I used those cables, and now will likely check them as I still use two for my MiniDSP to my QSC5050.

yup for the simple reason of the title of the thread and the fact that most of us on here have TONS of monoprice cables and have not had a problem with them. Thats enough of a reason for the way the thread turned out. If the title of the thread would have been different, this thread would not have went where it did.

Blasting brown notes for 10 years and counting!

post #66 of 67 Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
FWIW, i have had nothing but good experiences with Monoprice cables.

Doug
post #67 of 67 Old 03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Everyone know monster cables are the only ones perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page