Originally Posted by Archaea
No clones. The half dozen people I know personally who bought clones — all of them failed. Some multiple clones failed.
Weird, I've seen the exact opposite problem.
I have 8 clones, all of them work, even driving into 2-ohms in many cases.
I had 2 EP4k's, 1 of them was DOA.
I had 2 XTi4k's, 1 died in use and both exhibited memory and LED/screen problems.
I've seen at least a dozen people say they've had inuke issues/failures on this site.
That said, I've also heard a dozen clone owners have issues on this site.
95% seem to be either DOA on startup or otherwise flawless for years, the other 5% were failure in-use for both.
I have noticed that all reported amplifiers tend to last MUCH longer if they were NEVER clipped (heavily/at-all...)
So I'm not sure what to think other than, S happens...
I do believe the failure rates were higher some 9 years ago when the clones first came out.
I think the success rates are much higher today.
I don't recall anyone ever saying their SpeakerPower died, being a much more expensive amp I would imagine there are less owners of them. You don't see many iTech or K10/20/X8 owners here either...
Most I would imagine are inuke owners (because they are cheapest, and readily available, with full warranty.)
There are probably many many that never bother to post about DOA's as they are talking directly with Parts Express to replace them no questions asked. So the failure rates could be fairly high and we would never truly know...
I bet if you called PE they'd be able to tell you a more accurate number of the whole population (if they desire to disclose such information, or if they track such stuff at all).