There's a new sheriff in town! Inuke DSP 12000 - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 58Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #421 of 431 Old 03-02-2019, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,046
Mentioned: 603 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3772 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
d_c multiple clones failed
HuskerOmaha multiple clones failed (or same one failed multiple times. I can’t remember)
Gorilla83 clone failed
popalock clone failed
lukeamdman clone failed

I think that’s all the guys I personally know with clones. These guys arent no name novices on the forum. 100% failure rate among these guys I know personally. Maybe it is just bad luck— but I wouldn’t buy one based on these friends’ experiences.
Gorilla83 likes this.
Archaea is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #422 of 431 Old 03-02-2019, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Luke Kamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,492
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 257
@Archaea
Stop, its fine. Seriously have you not learned with the chairs? Finish the Vette thats been sitting for a decade, leave the theater alone!
The gains would be minimal, the um18 is pretty compressed and done at 90 volts per databass. Look at the compression sweeps and his comments. Its not worth the hassle. I have seen a few reports of burnt coils from abusers with dubstep type music on your setup of a channel of 6k to um18. I cant quickly find notnyts measuements, the thread is quite larger, but I thought the inuke was good for 70 or 80 volts? Like I have repeatedly said, change to large low tuned enclosures if you want more output.

Like was stated, I dont think the 12000 had much more power than 6k when testsd, its just 2 ohm stable and didnt test to have much power difference going from 4 ohm to 2 ohm from my recollection.
Luke Kamp is offline  
post #423 of 431 Old 03-02-2019, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lukeamdman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burnsville, MN
Posts: 3,789
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Kamp View Post
@Archaea
Stop, its fine. Seriously have you not learned with the chairs? Finish the Vette thats been sitting for a decade, leave the theater alone!
The gains would be minimal, the um18 is pretty compressed and done at 90 volts per databass. Look at the compression sweeps and his comments. Its not worth the hassle. I have seen a few reports of burnt coils from abusers with dubstep type music on your setup of a channel of 6k to um18. I cant quickly find notnyts measuements, the thread is quite larger, but I thought the inuke was good for 70 or 80 volts? Like I have repeatedly said, change to large low tuned enclosures if you want more output.

Like was stated, I dont think the 12000 had much more power than 6k when testsd, its just 2 ohm stable and didnt test to have much power difference going from 4 ohm to 2 ohm from my recollection.
Yep.

My tests showed the 6k could output 71.4vrms at 5hz and 79.2vrms at 80hz.

Impressive 4ohm numbers.
lukeamdman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #424 of 431 Old 03-03-2019, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
MKtheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY
Posts: 18,390
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2375 Post(s)
Liked: 2334
Should be plenty for the UM18.

Remember guys the box at data bass is small for the UM18 so you can dump more power into it but you start heating things up. Anyways, when we usemultiples we don't even come close using all that we have.

Audio Design Associates/Outlaw
Speakerpower SP1-4000
subs-Re audio XXX 18 IB(LT).
DIY speakers-mktheater-S10/S12s
MKtheater is online now  
post #425 of 431 Old 03-03-2019, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern Okan range (NW Cascades region)
Posts: 10,641
Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3679 Post(s)
Liked: 4176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
I have owned 6 EP 2500s, 4 EP4000s, 2 sanway FP14k, one 10qK, 2 Inuke 6000s, and a speakerpower sp1 4000, all were good. I have had problems with higher end amps though, go figure.
Except for the SpeakerPower unit, I believe the rest of those are all made-in-China, so it is of no real wonder why the QC/BQ might be unoptimal.

The difference being the EP's and Inuke's having warranties, the clones not...
BassThatHz is online now  
post #426 of 431 Old 03-03-2019, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
MKtheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hartford, NY
Posts: 18,390
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2375 Post(s)
Liked: 2334
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post
Except for the SpeakerPower unit, I believe the rest of those are all made-in-China, so it is of no real wonder why the QC/BQ might be unoptimal.

The difference being the EP's and Inuke's having warranties, the clones not...
Yeah, I was just mentioning the ones discussed here, I have owned much more. I was just saying all my amps worked great, BUT, I used them without clipping the crap out of them. Once my inuke started showing some red LEDs on my RE drivers I bought the speakerpower. I also built a baffle wall(small IB) so I won't need rated power to drive these to x-max. What is funny is that the REs will clip the amps from 30-80hz, not down low due to my wall. I need two more REs though, If we could buy that SAB 24 in small quantites I would have tried a couple by now.

Audio Design Associates/Outlaw
Speakerpower SP1-4000
subs-Re audio XXX 18 IB(LT).
DIY speakers-mktheater-S10/S12s
MKtheater is online now  
post #427 of 431 Old 03-03-2019, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern Okan range (NW Cascades region)
Posts: 10,641
Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3679 Post(s)
Liked: 4176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
d_c multiple clones failed
HuskerOmaha multiple clones failed (or same one failed multiple times. I can’t remember)
Gorilla83 clone failed
popalock clone failed
lukeamdman clone failed

These guys arent no name novices on the forum. 100% failure rate among these guys
popalock was pushing 32 18's with 1 clone well into VPL/CPL on 20a breaker that was undervolting. So of course the amp will be in trouble.

I've seen Luke's videos of his SPL levels with the SPL-LAB meter I recommended to him, and him levitating his ceiling with the bass, so I'm sure he-too was pushing those clones VERY HARD.

Probably the same for all the others.

The clones are intended for touring Chinese rock concerts or whatever, not sinewave car-basshead bass.
Live music has at least a 10db crest factor and doesn't generally go below 40hz.

I'm not making excuses for Sanway, nor do I own stocks in that company. But I know an over-stressed amp when I see one.

I've broken reputably named jackhammers by trying to crack 2ft thick military-grader reinforced concrete slabs by running them for 8 hours continuously in direct sunlight. Anything is breakable if you red-line it to death.

Generally it has been my experience that if an amplifiers can survive its first exposure to -3db output, then generally it will last many many years (if NOT abused thermally or with sinewaves, test tones or basshead content). *
Otherwise I consider the product Factory-Defective/DOA.
I always test each amp as soon as I get it, for exactly that reason.

*That is asking too much from us bassheads.

All that said, I've done some pretty stupid things to my clones. Like clipped it with continuous sinewaves, 2-ohms 1-ch driven, car-basshead music, 1-5hz signals... as per my various YT vids over the years (that are still uploaded/viewable.)
All my clones are (somehow) still alive.

To be fair though my subpanel is quad-2awg, and only 3ft away from my rack, and thus it never drops below 115v RMS; in fact it often stays at exactly 120v even when bassing hard with an array of amps.
Maybe that makes all the difference...

I no longer stress any of my amps out now that I'm near 32 subs and 100kW, most of the time they are just idle at 0-10% power.

Like this video for-example: I almost instantly blew up all of my LMS-18's (all at once) @ 2:54 with this song, and that's still only 1-10% power (-20db below clipping). The fp20k's really push out the power when asked.
The rest of the song is like a 50-100hz VC-heating sinewave
It doesn't take long for all the excursion to be used up. Bass-Head music is Best-Korea!

Those amps can output more power than the LMS-18's can handle, and those aren't weak drivers... 80mm's and 2kW RMS etc.

Maybe I just need to TRY harder to blow something up...
Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong...

Last edited by BassThatHz; 03-03-2019 at 09:47 AM.
BassThatHz is online now  
post #428 of 431 Old 03-03-2019, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern Okan range (NW Cascades region)
Posts: 10,641
Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3679 Post(s)
Liked: 4176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKtheater View Post
Yeah, I was just mentioning the ones discussed here, I have owned much more. I was just saying all my amps worked great, BUT, I used them without clipping the crap out of them. Once my inuke started showing some red LEDs on my RE drivers I bought the speakerpower. I also built a baffle wall(small IB) so I won't need rated power to drive these to x-max. What is funny is that the REs will clip the amps from 30-80hz, not down low due to my wall. I need two more REs though, If we could buy that SAB 24 in small quantites I would have tried a couple by now.
That's because IB acts like free-air, max output excursion per input watt.

You can now buy the SAB-24's in quantities of 1, 10 or 50 I believe.
Not sure if they will have the same quality as the one I lucked out on, though.
They are $250 each for the driver, and $500 each for FedEx air shipping. So ~$750 each...

I just bought 1 because I wasn't sure what they would be like, turns out it is the best driver I own now. (and likely ever-will.) 5" VC ~3500w RMS, ~52mm one-way xmech, top-plate thickness is about 38mm (lots of coil on both sides no doubt). So the 70% BL is likely in the 40's range for xmax.

Last edited by BassThatHz; 03-03-2019 at 09:24 AM.
BassThatHz is online now  
post #429 of 431 Old 03-03-2019, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,046
Mentioned: 603 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3772 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
At 2:54?

I didn’t hear anything bottom anything out, nor even see that much excursion on those LMS 5400 unless the camera just wasn’t picking it up?

You just smoked the coils from running them for too hot for too long or what?

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Archaea is online now  
post #430 of 431 Old 03-03-2019, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BassThatHz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern Okan range (NW Cascades region)
Posts: 10,641
Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3679 Post(s)
Liked: 4176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I didn’t hear anything bottom anything out, nor even see that much excursion on those LMS 5400 unless the camera just wasn’t picking it up?
They didn't heat up.
But another 4db louder (-16db) would have bottomed them out...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	x.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	526.0 KB
ID:	2533726   Click image for larger version

Name:	x2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	2533742  
BassThatHz is online now  
post #431 of 431 Old 03-03-2019, 05:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Purenv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: In the land of Oz
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz View Post
They didn't heat up.

But another 4db louder (-16db) would have bottomed them out...




@BassThatHz in your opinion, would it be safe to run 4 B&C 21DS115-8ohm (1 per channel) on a 240v Sanway(XBS) FP20K plugged into a 30a 240v outlet?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purenv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off