iNUKE 3000 DSP setup question - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #31 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScAndal View Post
I've been trying to answer this all night and the manuals are awful for the iNuke amp.

Is there a way to use the amp to drive two subwoofers (one on each channel) using a single input source (A)?

I would like to prevent having to add a Y cable and bring the source into both A and B channels?

---2018---
+++

EDIT SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THE NEXT SEVERAL POSTS:

The solution is to wire both cables as +1 & -1. You can then use the Inuke Remote Connect from your computer in either Bi-amp 1 or Bridge mode.
+++

It's not 2013, it's 2018. Why do I still have the same question, and still no answer? This should not be rocket science. I've spent hours reading and researching. I've spent hours trying different combinations. All I have to show for my effort is I can can get either sub to work, but not both at the same time.

Quick Question: How do I connect two Umax 15 subs to a single Unuke 3000 w/dsp with a single source "A"?

Both subs work. They have dual voice coils DVC and are wired for a 4 Ohm load.

I can run a single sub on Input A of the Inuke, through either sub-out 1 or 2 on the Onkyo TX NR717, a 7.2 AVR from 2014.

I can run a single sub on Input B of the Inuke, same as above ^^^. Trying to run a second sub on Inuke B output results in no sub output. The Inuke Remote Connect software indicates I have a source A and output on both A and B in various modes. Stereo, Bi-amp and Bridge.

I tried using Sub Out 2 on the AVR so there would be two Inputs. Neither sub would work. There is no combination in which both subs out work at the same time.

Here's what I think should work: A single input into the Inuke on A. Output on B and C to the subs in Stereo. Dual Mono will not work because the software shows it needs two inputs A & B to output into speakers A & B.

Bi-amp should also work because it shows a single input A into output speakers A & B. This is specifically designed to run a HF and LF section. Even when I match the high pass and low pass filters identically on both channels neither sub will play.

Cable: I built my own cables using the 4-pin Neutrec brand Speakons. I use 1+ and 2+ from the Inuke, into 1+ 1- into the subs. All cables work in both subs and in each of the two Inuke 3000 w/dsp.

The +2 pin specifically is for Inuke Channel B. It is run as 1+ & 2+ for running in bridge mode.

I will attach the link to the manual if that helps. It is very sparse IMO.
https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs...dsp-manual.pdf

Last edited by wvu80; 08-21-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvu80 View Post
---2018---

It's not 2013, it's 2018. Why do I still have the same question, and still no answer? This should not be rocket science. I've spent hours reading and researching. I've spent hours trying different combinations. All I have to show for my effort is I can can get either sub to work, but not both at the same time.

Quick Question: How do I connect two Umax 15 subs to a single Unuke 3000 w/dsp with a single source "A"?

I can run a single sub on Input A of the Inuke, through either sub-out 1 or 2 on the Onkyo TX NR717, a 7.2 AVR from 2014.

I can run a single sub on Input B of the Inuke, same as above ^^^. Trying to run a second sub on Inuke B output results in no sub output. The Inuke Remote Connect software indicates I have a source A and output on both A and B in various modes. Stereo, Bi-amp and Bridge.

I tried using Sub Out 2 on the AVR so there would be two Inputs. Neither sub would work. There is no combination in which both subs out work at the same time.

Here's what I think should work: A single input into the Inuke on A. Output on B and C to the subs in Stereo. Dual Mono will not work because the software shows it needs two inputs A & B to output into speakers A & B.

Bi-amp should also work because it shows a single input A into output speakers A & B. This is specifically designed to run a HF and LF section. Even when I match the high pass and low pass filters identically on both channels neither sub will play.

Cable: I built my own cables using the 4-pin Neutrec brand Speakons. I use 1+ and 2+ from the Inuke, into 1+ 1- into the subs. All cables work in both subs and in each of the two Inuke 3000 w/dsp.

The +2 pin specifically is for Inuke Channel B. It is run as 1+ & 2+ for running in bridge mode.

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Are your homemade cables 4 conductor, or two conductor? Or one 4 conductor and two conductor?

Are you using one cable from the amp to one cabinet, and then another to a second cabinet? If you are trying to use +1 and +2 from the amplifier outputs, are you connecting the cabinets in series? If both 4 ohm subs are wired in parallel, the amp will see a 2 ohm load in bridged operation. The iNuke is not designed for a 2 ohm bridged load.

The amp set in dual mono with a Y cable on the inputs and only using one speaker cable to each cabinet would be easy and fool proof.

If you are trying to run both channels in one 4 conductor cable, and then split off to a second cabinet later, that is also possible.

Ask your doctor if DIY is right for you. Side effects of DIY may include anxiety, elevated blood pressure, lightheadedness, rapid heartbeat, skeletal muscle flaccidity, euphoria, psychological dependence, insomnia, confusion, blurred vision, implusivity, uncontrolled or repeated movements.
post #33 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 712
Quote:
---2018---

From above "I use 1+ and 2+ from the Inuke" That is to use the NU3000 in bridged mode.

If you want to power 1 sub per channel use +1 and -1 for channel A. Channel B use +2 and -2(assuming you are using 1 4 pin Neutrec to output CH A). Bi-amp mode in the Inuke software will let you only have an INPUT to channel A and still get OUTPUT from Channel A and B.

Also if you haven't look at the back of the Inuke and it shows wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NLFX.png
Views:	11
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	2444178  

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

iNuke 3000 & 6000 DSP's, Crowson Motion Actuator

Last edited by bscool; 08-20-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked: 1127
Quote:
---2018---

It's not 2013, it's 2018. Why do I still have the same question, and still no answer?
The answer was given in the third post, and discussed fully.

Quote:

You have wired the cables incorrectly.

To use BiAmp, the cables must each be wired 1+ and 1- at both ends,

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ________________________

Last edited by Augerhandle; 08-20-2018 at 04:19 PM.
post #35 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

[QUOTE=michael hurd;56671052]Pictures are worth a thousand words. Are your homemade cables 4 conductor, or two conductor? Or one 4 conductor and two conductor?

All connectors are 4-pole Neutrek. The cable is 2 wire inside a sheath. Would it help for me to take a pic of my homemade cables? I can do that no problem.

Are you using one cable from the amp to one cabinet, and then another to a second cabinet? If you are trying to use +1 and +2 from the amplifier outputs, are you connecting the cabinets in series? If both 4 ohm subs are wired in parallel, the amp will see a 2 ohm load in bridged operation. The iNuke is not designed for a 2 ohm bridged load.

Each sub gets its own cable from the Inuke. Outputs A & B are Neutrek to Neurtrek sub1 and sub2. All cables were tested and work on a single sub, and each sub works. I just can't get two subs to work at once. After the second sub is added in any way the Inuke indicates two channel output but neither sub is making a sound. Substantial bass out of either as a single.

The amp set in dual mono with a Y cable on the inputs and only using one speaker cable to each cabinet would be easy and fool proof.

I saw that as a solution in the original 2013 thread. That's why I tried to use my second sub out from the Onk 717 but trying to use two subs failed. Both Onk sub outs worked as a single. I don't have a splitter or I would have tried that. That might be what I have to do.

If you are trying to run both channels in one 4 conductor cable, and then split off to a second cabinet later, that is also possible.[/QUOTE

I only use 2 wires in each 4-pole Neutrek. I use +1 & +2 for the Amp end, and +1 & -1 for the sub end. Reversing the cables results in no sound.
post #36 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

[QUOTE=bscool;56671152]From above "I use 1+ and 2+ from the Inuke" That is to use the NU3000 in bridged mode.

If you want to power 1 sub per channel use +1 and -1 for channel A. Channel B use +2 and -2(assuming you are using 1 4 pin Neutrec to output CH A). Bi-amp mode in the Inuke software will let you only have an INPUT to channel A and still get OUTPUT from Channel A and B.

Also if you haven't look at the back of the Inuke and it shows wiring.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the advice. I've read the manual a couple of times but I have not studied the wiring diagram on the back of the Inuke, I'll do that right away. The Neutrek connectors use an odd screwdriver tip called PZ0 but I have the proper tip and it's easy to rewire.

I'll use the Bi-amp mode and match A & B.

I'll follow your suggestion and rewire Cable1 +1 & -1 on both ends. I'll rewire Cable2 +2 & -2 on the Inuke output, then use +1 & -1 on the Sub end. I'll check back in and tell you how it works.
post #37 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

[QUOTE=Augerhandle;56671286]The answer was given in the third post, and discussed fully.

Thank you. I went back and re-read post #3.

You have wired the cables incorrectly.

I think you're on to something. I suspected that as well but it's hard for a person to find his own mistakes. I did hours of research but couldn't pin down where I went wrong.

To use BiAmp, the cables must each be wired 1+ and 1- at both ends,[/QUOTE

EDIT: This was the correct solution to the cable configuration

I have another wiring change to make first and then I'll try this if the other fails. I have +1 & -1 on the sub end because that's the way I wired the Neutrek connector on the sub. It will only take +1 & -1.

It would be great if I could simply run the cables as you suggest and be done with it. Simple and easy, maybe I'm overthinking things.

I wired the the Inuke side with +2 & -2 because my original plan was to use both Inukes in bridged mode, one Inuke for each sub. I thought I understood how to wire for Channel B using +2 & -2 but I am probably mistaken.

I was able to run bridged mode on one sub and given all the other variables being the same it sounded kind of sloppy and bloated. There was much tighter bass with lower power. That's when I decided to run both Umax off of one Inuke and see how that sounds.

Last edited by wvu80; 08-21-2018 at 10:39 AM.
post #38 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@wvu80 Are you using something like this to go from the amp to subs?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Speakon Y.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	2444294  

HTPC, Sony 40es, 120" Silver Ticket, 7702mkii, Sunfire Amp 225w, JBL 590, JBL 520

PSA XS30, Seaton Submersive, 2 Um-18 8cf sealed, Outlaw Ultra x 12, Kappa Pro 18LF, BFM Tuba 60 horn, B&C 18TBW100 6cf 41hz, 34hz, 28hz tune

post #39 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have the Inuke settings for Bi-amp High Pass 30 Hz and Low Pass 200 Hz. Set at 4 Ohms, Butterworth Filter at 12 db/octave.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? I want to leave it there for the short term then I can set up PEQ and Dynamic EQ, DEQ if needed.

I already know I'll need to boost the 25 Hz region by 6 db due to the use of a sealed 3.0 cuft enclosure.
post #40 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
@wvu80 Are you using something like this to go from the amp to subs?

No, I'm not. That is a slick looking splitter. I have two separate cables with a 4-pole Speakon on both ends using 2 wires each.
post #41 of 48 Old 08-20-2018, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have the Inuke settings for Bi-amp High Pass 30 Hz and Low Pass 200 Hz. Set at 4 Ohms, Butterworth Filter at 12 db/octave.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? I want to leave it there for the short term then I can set up PEQ and Dynamic EQ, DEQ if needed.

I already know I'll need to boost the 25 Hz region by 6 db due to the use of a sealed 3.0 cuft enclosure.
For sealed I would not use a highpass filter and if your AVR has subwoofer out you do not need the low pass either. For sealed sub I would recommend a negative high shelf. That will cut the high end in effect boosting the low end.

This post will show more info https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...l#post54726062 scroll to the bottom of that post.
wvu80 likes this.

post #42 of 48 Old 08-21-2018, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
...I only use 2 wires in each 4-pole Neutrek. I use +1 & +2 for the Amp end, and +1 & -1 for the sub end. Reversing the cables results in no sound.
Again, change the connectors at the amp end of the cables to 1+ and 1-. Don't use 2+ at all.
wvu80 likes this.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ________________________

Last edited by Augerhandle; 08-21-2018 at 05:53 AM.
post #43 of 48 Old 08-21-2018, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Again, change the connectors at the amp end of the cables to 1+ and 1-. Don't use 2+ at all.

That's what I will try this morning. I made my changes last night using 2+ & 2- and achieved failure. The 2+ & 2- are imprinted directly on the back of the unit for wiring the B output but the bottom line is, that didn't work for me.
post #44 of 48 Old 08-21-2018, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Thanks Augerhandle, we now have two subs making sounds. It was +1 & -1 on both cables that did the trick.

I would never have tried that if not for you because in other research I read in different threads, in the manual and on the back of the unit itself said to use the +2. I spent hours trying the wrong way, and 5 minutes to get it the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscool View Post
For sealed I would not use a highpass filter and if your AVR has subwoofer out you do not need the low pass either. For sealed sub I would recommend a negative high shelf. That will cut the high end in effect boosting the low end.

This post will show more info https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-d...l#post54726062 scroll to the bottom of that post.
Thanks for the link bscool. Again, I researched a lot of threads and never saw this one. That's because I searched on the 3000 w/dsp and not the 6000 w/dsp. I am reading it now but it looks like the kind of technical explanation I need to get these dual subs dialed in.

Thanks to everybody who gave me some good advice. This process has been very frustrating and you got me un-stuck. You guys are the best!
bscool likes this.
post #45 of 48 Old 08-21-2018, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Augerhandle, we now have two subs making sounds. It was +1 & -1 on both cables that did the trick.

I would never have tried that if not for you because in other research I read in different threads, in the manual and on the back of the unit itself said to use the +2. I spent hours trying the wrong way, and 5 minutes to get it the right way.

Thanks for the link bscool. Again, I researched a lot of threads and never saw this one. That's because I searched on the 3000 w/dsp and not the 6000 w/dsp. I am reading it now but it looks like the kind of technical explanation I need to get these dual subs dialed in.

Thanks to everybody who gave me some good advice. This process has been very frustrating and you got me un-stuck. You guys are the best!
You are welcome. After seeing you were using 2 Speakons from the amp output you would use +1 and -1 on CH A and CH B. I "assumed" you were using a splitter I had linked but I never replied back. But you got it figured out.

I think the back of the Inuke 6000 makes it clearer to see that +2 and -2 are only for Channel B when using the CHA output. The way I told you will work when using a single Speakon plugged into ChA for someone that only has a single 4 pin Speakon and want to go that way.

Just posting the info so it may help someone else that is not familiar with the Speakons and only has a single 4 pin Speakon to use on the amp OUTPUT connection. They can use +1 and -1 then +2 and -2 when connecting to CH A only.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Inuke 6000.PNG
Views:	22
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	2444462  
wvu80 likes this.

post #46 of 48 Old 08-21-2018, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
...Thanks to everybody who gave me some good advice. This process has been very frustrating and you got me un-stuck. You guys are the best!
You're welcome. Enjoy the subs.
wvu80 likes this.

post #47 of 48 Old 01-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Does anyone know how to Delete Amp Presets ?
post #48 of 48 Old 01-04-2019, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc1 View Post
Does anyone know how to Delete Amp Presets ?
You can't delete presets, but you can overwrite them. I recommend that you zero out the amp settings, then save the zeroed settings over the presets you want deleted.
randyc1 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page