AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   DIY Speakers and Subs (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/)
-   -   Question regarding wiring up 2 dual 2Ohm subs in their own enclosures for a final 2 Ohm load (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/1478213-question-regarding-wiring-up-2-dual-2ohm-subs-their-own-enclosures-final-2-ohm-load.html)

04rex 06-20-2013 02:47 PM

Hey Guys, quick question. I know how to wire it all up, but it seems that it might be a bit messy connecting the 2. is there a device that would take the 2 pairs of speakers wires to 1 set of wires instead of just twisting all the speaker wires together?

Thanks!

Bill Fitzmaurice 06-20-2013 03:06 PM

Two 2 ohm drivers may be parallel wired for 1 ohm, series wired for 4 ohms. Those are the only options.

Scott Simonian 06-20-2013 03:09 PM

135 Attachment(s)
Bill, in the title he mentions "two dual 2ohm drivers". One driver with its VC's in series will be 4ohm so two in parallel would be 2ohm final.

Mrkazador 06-20-2013 03:19 PM

40 Attachment(s)

04rex 06-20-2013 03:24 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, but i think you misread my question. I KNOW how to wire them into 4 ohms. To do that however, I need to connect both sets of wires to a third set that would go to the amp. Instead of connecting the 3 sets, is there a box or something that would connect all 3 together for a cleaner look possibly?? Might be a stupid question.

Dank1209 06-20-2013 03:53 PM

Rex. If u really wanted to be fancy . U could put spade connectors on the wires.and use a terminal block. Mounted inside. Parts express will have them.but a lot of extra work and money.I think most everyone would agree. just twist them together. use a wire nut or solder them .and electrical tape.

A9X-308 06-21-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, but i think you misread my question. I KNOW how to wire them into 4 ohms. To do that however, I need to connect both sets of wires to a third set that would go to the amp. Instead of connecting the 3 sets, is there a box or something that would connect all 3 together for a cleaner look possibly?? Might be a stupid question.
Solder, crimp the three wires together or join the two driver pairs at the enclosure terninals.

Make the connection solid and permanent. Anything with a screw terminal can vibrate free over time, so I use ring/banjo crimp lugs, an additional lock nut and a bit of nail polish to seal them. Even easier, use speakons.